Has anyone found extractable water on Vega II-A?

Survey says it's there, and yet I have not found any there after extensive searching.

And, when I try to set up an outpost there, the display says the outpost has water available, and yet there is no water resource near the outpost.

So now I am wondering if it's my game which is messed up or whether this hits other people also...

Water IIRC doesn't show up on the scanner as a discrete resource like minerals do. As long as the build menu allows you to place a water extractor, it will work. Some planets allow for atmospheric extraction and others ground water extraction.

TL;DR: it doesn't show up on the scanner. Just build your extractors, you'll be fine

Finding water for a planetary scan can be really tricky sometimes.

even if you land in a water area after the orbital scan ... it can take 10-20 minutes until you find a "degradable" lump - which you then have to "illuminate" with the hand-held scanner.

I have now completely "explored" about 80 or 90 planets or moon - finding the H2O for the needed scan is often pure frustration

again such an "unding" in terms of game mechanics - but I assume from the statements of Mr. Todd H. ... that this is exactly the way it is intended - aiming everything as long as possible.