I'd say it's just you.  Yes, it's a "Bethesda open world game", but in my opinion, it looks like (aside from the dialog camera system...) they actually spent quite a bit of time trying to update their engine and environments.

My only major gripe is the "space" part of this "space RPG" is severely lacking.  99% of my time is spent on the ground doing fetch quests or aimlessly wandering around scanning stuff.  My ship, in space, is nothing more than a lobby before I load a planetary map.  BOO!  ?

Edited by davisev5225

I have played it a bit and I immediately got the Fallout 4 vibes, like apart from the graphics if someone told me that was a Fallout 4 mod I believed them without a doubt. The whole gun system (ammo, weapon variants, recoil) feels like they are just copied and pasted into Starfield. And whilst it is an open world it is more or less just teleporting everywhere which is kinda lame. This isn't Skyrim or Fallout NV, where you just walk around and explore just for fun and find interesting things on the way. Especially the first planet was boring as hell, can't even compete a second against Falkreath or even Sanctuary for that matter (as a beginning area I mean).

33 minutes ago, idi nahui said:

I immediately got the Fallout 4 vibes, like apart from the graphics if someone told me that was a Fallout 4 mod I believed them without a doubt. The whole gun system (ammo, weapon variants, recoil) feels like they are just copied and pasted into Starfield

Just exactly what I thought like I said I haven't played it yet but the few videos I seen reminded me of fallout 4

18 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Fallout 4 game?

14 hours ago, idi nahui said:

Fallout 4 vibes

Personally, I was hit with Mass Effect vibes and hear and see things all the time that Shepard did way back in Real Time. The spinning ring in the Temples, Artifacts that allude to an Other World/Universe, Even some of the Spacer Punks sound like the Cerberus Operatives with the garbled voices. No I would have to say if I were the Mass Effect producers that I would be talking to my team of Attorneys.....Peace.:cool:

Whether you think it is just a repurposed fallout 4 or not, I think we can ALL agree that the vanilla weapons are waaay better than fallout 4's.

The vanilla fallout 4 "assault rifle" was an abomination that hurt me to look at.... I unironically thought the pipe weapons were the best looking weapons out of fallout 4's vanilla offerings....

5 hours ago, sila said:

Whether you think it is just a repurposed fallout 4 or not, I think we can ALL agree that the vanilla weapons are waaay better than fallout 4's.

The vanilla fallout 4 "assault rifle" was an abomination that hurt me to look at.... I unironically thought the pipe weapons were the best looking weapons out of fallout 4's vanilla offerings....

Apparently not. 

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

It is a 14 minute long video. That is one of the longer skits from a comedy show.

That aside, yes. Not only that, but the melee weapon mechanics from Fallout 4, as well.

I skimmed it a bit, it seems like his complaint was about a lack of variety in laser weapons and melee, not that the weapons looked like complete shit.

9 hours ago, sila said:

I skimmed it a bit, it seems like his complaint was about a lack of variety in laser weapons and melee, not that the weapons looked like complete shit.

He Bitc**d so much about the same thing in a variety of different ways that I finally closed the vid.

I still think Starfield ripped off a ton of Mass Effects storyline, sprinkled a little Bethesda Fairy Dust in and called it good. I mean some of the spacer punks have the same voice as sound exactly like Cerberus operatives!

Watched several reviews and it just feels really bland to me overall. Definitely "meh" with procedurally generated repetition. On the plus side, the combat does look like an improvement. But that was already decent in FO4. Considering how much time and money they poured into this, all it's done is confirm that they are simply out of fresh ideas. Unfortunately it'll sell well enough that every lame fuck will keep their job. And it's not even like they're not sitting on a wealth of talent they could utilize with the likes of Kris Takahashi. They better fucking utilize it for ESVI.

?

Edited by KoolHndLuke

I think I remember reading that the game was originally going to be set in the Fallout universe, but (because of covid induced problems) they did not have time to do that.

So... there's a fallout influence, along with a variety of other influences, but it's not going to have Fallout content (though... given how they did NG+, ... we could have NG+ Fallout content).