Starfield Gameplay Reactions

59 minutes ago, bjornk said:

According to your argument, one could not have an opinion of a game unless they had already played it. Going by the same argument, we can easily deduce that you bought a game that you had no opinion of, because you could have not played it before you bought it. So why should anyone care about what someone like you says or thinks, who blindly shells out money for games without having any opinion of them first?

I bought the game knowing it would be a great game based on my experience with Skyrim and Fallout 4. I knew that no matter what the game was at release mattered very little to me in the long run as it would eventually be whatever I may want it to be because of the sandbox nature of Bethesda games. I really didnt care how good the game was out of the box. That being said, the game is much better than Fallout 4 was out of the box.

Yes. you can follow someone and get their opinion on things. Mileage may vary however as single player games can be very subjective. What I like, you may not. The problems I find may not be as game breaking to you as they are me so forth and so on. For you to tell someone who IS playing the game that they dont know as much as you do with your second hand opinion is lunacy and I just cant help you with that.

Go in peace and find what makes you happy.

42 minutes ago, Wandering_Mania said:

And I watched actual gameplay on a livestream. So where's the difference? Because I wasn't in direct control of the character it somehow negates my formed opinion?

Is that what your saying?

Because if it is, that is the most illogical argument, in the long sad history of illogical arguments.

Because opinions are like a great many things one must understand are not universal. What you like I may not. What bothers you may not bother me. To trash something you think you wont like even though you have not tried it is crazy. Jumping out of an airplane seems crazy to me, but there are those who do so someone must like it. I am not you. You are not me. Our opinions will differ.

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

Sorry - you have manoeuvred yourself into an argumentative trap.

You also bought the game - before you played it!

My wife and I are probably the only ones here - who play it without having bought it ... because we were lucky enough - that a long-time friend is currently visiting us - who also bought it - without having played it before.

All those who bought it NOW - had nowhere in the world the possibility to play it BEFORE they bought it.

So they all have to rely on 3rd person information to begin with - usually the advertising promises of a Todd H. or the sparse publications of games magazines or YouTubers - all of whom have gagging contracts!

Well - the games industry plays its game of hide and seek with us customers ... and we are learning too - how we customers get information.

And part of those sources are people who spend 100 US dollars ... to play it before it goes on sale AND to be able to report about it INDEPENDENTLY!

And another part of these sources are our own experiences of past games from this manufacturer ... its incredible promises and announcements ... and what we then saw on the PC or the console - a clear discrepancy.

The argument that you have to do everything yourself to have the right to be the only one to judge is -> BULLSHIT

?

I am not going to argue with you friend. If you dont like it...then dont like it. I do and I will.

Peace

42 minutes ago, bjornk said:

Should give you an idea about the intellectual capacity of these people. How can anyone come up with such a dumb argument is beyond me. If one has to have played the game in order to form an opinion of it, then who the fuck are game reviews and scores for, what's their purpose?

You know, Im just not gonna tackle that one lol. If you dont like it...just dont. Why do you need to be here to say that then? You dont have a vested interest in the game. No dog in the fight at all.

Its like...you dont like something and your mission in life is to make sure no one else does either. Crazy man...crazy. I suppose everyone needs a hobby.

2 hours ago, Trykz said:

NOBODY buys a Bethesda game for a "one and done" playthrough. There's countless others for that.

They get put away for a while (which I often do for RL considerations), but I

ALWAYS circle back to each and every one of them at some point. I preordered

the game NOT for what it IS, but for what it has the potential TO BE. Because at

the end of the day, these issues WILL get hammered out. And I'm patient ?

And I LOVE stuff that's centralized around space and science ?

Apparently, Starfield has a New Game Plus mode so replay will be further facilitated than it has been in previous BGS titles.

30 minutes ago, Olmech said:

I bought the game knowing it would be a great game based on my experience with Skyrim and Fallout 4.

This means that you had an opinion of the game, which is in direct conflict with your own argument. You had a favorable opinion of the previous BGS titles therefore your opinion of the new game was also already favorable, even before playing it and yet you deny other people's right to have an unfavorable opinion of the new game due to their unfavorable opinions of the previous BGS titles. This is pure hypocrisy.

50 minutes ago, Olmech said:

Because opinions are like a great many things one must understand are not universal. What you like I may not. What bothers you may not bother me. To trash something you think you wont like even though you have not tried it is crazy. Jumping out of an airplane seems crazy to me, but there are those who do so someone must like it. I am not you. You are not me. Our opinions will differ.

Yet your trying to discredit my opinion entirely, along with others, simply because my opinion formed in a different manner than yours. Your logic is flawed. Your responses are full of holes. And your blind defense in order to justify your spending $100 on a game that I personally have seen as not even worth $20, is futile. My opinion will not change. Your attempts at discrediting me have failed. And now your trying to back out with the 'live and let live' because you backed yourself into a corner, fools no one.

And people block me because they refuse to read? What a world we exist in... I mean can you hear yourself? Good God!

37 minutes ago, Olmech said:

You know, Im just not gonna tackle that one lol. If you dont like it...just dont. Why do you need to be here to say that then? You dont have a vested interest in the game. No dog in the fight at all.

Its like...you dont like something and your mission in life is to make sure no one else does either. Crazy man...crazy. I suppose everyone needs a hobby.

There's nothing you can tackle, your argument was complete nonsense. This is a topic for "gameplay reactions" and a reaction to something can be positive or negative. Unlike you and a few other people I'm not here to tell people what to think or how to feel about the game and unlike you I'm certainly not annoyed by the people who have favorable views of the game, but I'm annoyed when someone with an unfavorable view of the game is being attacked by people like you with nonsensical excuses such as "You are spoiling my fun!", as if the entire world revolves around them.

Just now, Wandering_Mania said:

Yet your trying to discredit my opinion entirely, along with others, simply because my opinion formed in a different manner than yours. Your logic is flawed. Your responses are full of holes. And your blind defense in order to justify your spending $100 on a game that I personally have seen as not even worth $20, is futile. My opinion will not change. Your attempts at discrediting me have failed. And now your trying to back out with the 'live and let live' because you backed yourself into a corner, fools no one.

And people block me because they refuse to read? What a world we exist in... I mean can you hear yourself? Good God!

Friend, youre just noise. I know the game. Im playing the game. You are not. I really do not care if you dont like it. I really regret pandering to trolls at all right now to be honest. Anyone that pays you ear service deserves the torment they will surely receive. We get it. You dont like it. Fair enough.

I came here to read the reviews because I actually like the game when I came across your nonsense. You ramble on incessantly about something you saw from the great Archiegod of reviews without one iota of firsthand experience. I dearly hope you dont live your life that way because youre missing out on some great things.

So let me get this straight mmkay?

Your 5hr review of someone elses playthrough trumps my real game play time? Gotcha. You do realize that in 5hrs you havent even gotten out of the gate right lol? 5hrs lol?

Otay Buckwheat. Ramble on brah.

7 minutes ago, bjornk said:

There's nothing you can tackle, your argument was complete nonsense. This is a topic for "gameplay reactions" and a reaction to something can be positive or negative. Unlike you and a few other people I'm not here to tell people what to think or how to feel about the game and unlike you I'm certainly not annoyed by the people who have favorable views of the game, but I'm annoyed when someone with an unfavorable view of the game is being attacked by people like you with nonsensical excuses such as "You are spoiling my fun!", as if the entire world revolves around them.

You people that dont like the game are the ones attacking. All you gotta do is look back over the previous pages..

Starfield bad, but we dont play it lol. We REVIEWED it.

priceless

2 minutes ago, Olmech said:

Knowing you will like something based on experience is very different from having an opinion based on heresay.

*nonsensical BS *

You had no experience with this game, did not have an opinion based on hearsay before you bought this very game, it was just wishful thinking, like hoping to win the lottery, that led you to shell out money blindly for it.

1 minute ago, Olmech said:

You people that dont like the game are the ones attacking. All you gotta do is look back over the previous pages..

Starfield bad, but we dont play it lol. We REVIEWED it.

priceless

Unlike you they are attacking the game and the developer, not to other forum members.

3 minutes ago, bjornk said:

You had no experience with this game, did not have an opinion based on hearsay before you bought this very game, it was just wishful thinking, like hoping to win the lottery, that led you to shell out money blindly for it.

No...I knew I would like it based on my past EXPERIENCE with their other titles. Paying $100 on a chance that I could be wrong and not like it is nothing to me Ill make that back in less than an hour Tuesday morning. But I knew that whatever the game is, I could change it later to be more of what I want. That is the Hallmark of a Bethesda game that does not exist anywhere else truly. The ability to make something the way you want it. You can do it in Skyrim and Fallouts 3 and 4. EXPERIENCE. Not wishful thinking. EXPERIENCE.

You have 2.9k posts on this site, so I must assume you too really know this.

So once more I ask...whats your angle? You already know whatever the game is now is not necessarily what the game can be.

30 minutes ago, Wandering_Mania said:

You are really hung up on that $100 lol. Do you need a loan friend lol? $100 is nothing to me. I win at life first and foremost. I dont need to justify my indulgences lol.

What I do I do with no regrets.

Win at life first. Then come back to video games.

No...I knew I would like it based on my past EXPERIENCE with their other titles. Paying $100 on a chance that I could be wrong and not like it is nothing to me Ill make that back in less than an hour Tuesday morning. But I knew that whatever the game is, I could change it later to be more of what I want. That is the Hallmark of a Bethesda game that does not exist anywhere else truly. The ability to make something the way you want it. You can do it in Skyrim and Fallouts 3 and 4. EXPERIENCE. Not wishful thinking. EXPERIENCE.

Regurgitating the same nonsense won't get you anywhere. Using your own argument, people can very well expect a shit game based on their past experiences. There's absolutely no difference in value between your favorable opinion and their unfavorable opinion and despite what you told other people, you did have an opinion before you played the game and shelled out money for it. Others also had their own opinion and they chose not to. Why can't you accept that and move on?

Just now, bjornk said:

Regurgitating the same nonsense won't get you anywhere. Using your own argument, people can very well expect a shit game based on their past experiences. There's absolutely no difference in value between your favorable opinion and their unfavorable opinion and despite what you told other people, you did have an opinion before you played the game and shelled out money for it. Others also had their own opinion and they chose not to. Why can't you accept that and move on?

It seems to work for you.

13 minutes ago, Olmech said:

I dont think I have attacked you at all. I am surely as entitled to my opinions as you are I should think.

You literally attacked another forum member who simply expressed his view on the game. If you're entitled to your opinions, then so was he.

Edited by bjornk
3 minutes ago, bjornk said:

Others also had their own opinion and they chose not to. Why can't you accept that and move on?

Oh...is that what youre doing? Taking your unfavorable opinion and moving on? Why is it I should take my favorable opinion and move on just to leave you here whining unfavorably? I actually do want that answer. Pretty please with cream and sugar on top?

Just now, bjornk said:

You literally attacked another forum member who simply expressed his view on the game. If you're entitled to your opinions, then so was he.

You mean the Archiegod guy? The one with about 200 posts whining about how bad a game is that he hasnt even played? I did not attack him. I offered a dissenting opinion.

Oh...is that what youre doing? Taking your unfavorable opinion and moving on? Why is it I should take my favorable opinion and move on just to leave you here whining unfavorably? I actually do want that answer. Pretty please with cream and sugar on top?

Am I dealing with an 12 year old here? I simply told you to leave other forum members alone. Feel free to express your own views and share your experiences, but stop attacking other people.

Just now, bjornk said:

Am I dealing with an 12 year old here? I simply told you to leave other forum members alone. Feel free to express your own views and share your experiences, but stop attacking other people.

Gosh you make me want paper and crayons to try and reach a point of reason.

You and the Archiegod guy get on here and post rant after rant about basically how stupid people are that bought and like this game, yet those very people are just supposed to lay down and take it. No mam / no sir...whatever you are...no offense intended.

I have not attacked anyone. I have offered a dissenting opinion. I like it. You two dont. Two opinions there that matter including mine.