Spill the tea on your experiences

Lemme tell you, my dating app journey's been lit, especially on The Lucky Date - https://theluckydate.com/. I matched with this awesome person – vibes were hittin' different! We took things from the chat to IRL, and it was a game-changer. First date? Oh, it wasn't just a date – it was a whole adventure. We dipped out on a spontaneous mountain trip – yes, you heard that right. Complete stranger, but we vibed like old pals. Hiked, chatted by the bonfire, and caught sunrise together. Crazy, right? And guess what? We're still rockin' it! Fate was like 'swipe right, y'all'.

Yo! My dating app scene's been all about Tinder. Swipe, match, DM – it's like a rhythm. Got a few cool chiсks, linked up with one at this chill coffee spot. ? Conversation was a vibe, from memes to deep talks. But here's the twist – in-person, vibes didn't quite sync. It's like, online chemistry ain't always real-life fireworks, ya know? No shade to the apps though, still keepin' that door open for a 'Lucky Date' – if it's meant to be, it's meant to be, no cap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 2:53 AM, seylen said:

Hey fam! Curious to know – what's the 411 on dating apps? Spill the tea on your experiences – the highs, lows, and the straight-up LOLs! Slide into those DMs and share your juiciest deets. Let's vibe!

What???

Awful.  Tried POF for years because it's free but it's full of bots, prostitutes, cam girls and scams.

Paid for a 3-month deal for E-Harmony thinking I would have better luck and again... overwhelmed by scam accounts.  Took the issue up with the company and asked for a refund because they don't take action to get rid of false/scam account and they told me to pound sand.

I've all but given up at this point, might join a gaming guild or something to meet new people?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done too much online dating so i can't speak on it that much, but i did form great friendships with some of the women i hooked up with from there.

There was this one time where i dm'd a woman (one of my close friends now) and i thought of some absolute goofball tier opening line like "hey, are you made of diamonds cause you might just cut through my steel heart" and she replied with "LOL" all caps. Then just basic escalation and flirting till the big penis vs vagina fight, very intense. We still laugh about it every now and then.

Total and complete waste of my time and energy.  The few I did have any amount of conversation/meeting with disappeared once they lost interest.  Didn't even bother to say "not interested, bye", just POOF!  Never again.  I have better things to do.

On 9/17/2023 at 5:22 PM, beefers said:

might join a gaming guild or something to meet new people?

This is a good idea.  Figure out what you enjoy doing.  Go do it.  Meet people who also enjoy doing said thing.  Increase your chances of meeting someone who might fall into the romantic interest category, who happens to also enjoy doing said thing.