Hey! I'm kind of new to skyrim modding, can someone please help me fix this issue i keep getting?

1 minute ago, paczac1 said:

I keep getting this error message I can't fix I don't really understand modding that much and i just followed i tutorial i found on youtube. image.png.ea6ee7032b78b7c210cd5deadb5e8ff2.png

The image link seems to be broken.

What error message did you get? Are you using a mod manager at all? What tutorial did you use?

2 minutes ago, sila said:

The image link seems to be broken.

What error message did you get? Are you using a mod manager at all? What tutorial did you use?

The error message was saying  "Outdated or missing sexlabutil SKSE  plugin detected This should NEVER happenunless you've improperly updated Sexlab " something like that, and the tutorial I was using told me to use Vortex 

1 minute ago, paczac1 said:

The error message was saying  "Outdated or missing sexlabutil SKSE  plugin detected This should NEVER happenunless you've improperly updated Sexlab " something like that, and the tutorial I was using told me to use Vortex 

Easiest likely fix is to re-download the latest Sexlab for your build and just reinstall it.

If that doesn't fix it, there may be another issue and this is just a symptom of something else.

7 minutes ago, paczac1 said:

Vortex is fine, doesn't really matter which one you use as long as you do use one. Having things manually installed and trying to have a long load order is just... horrible pain that I would not wish on anyone. You really want something to keep track of which mod files are coming from...

As for the error message, like above try reinstalling sexlab and make sure nothing is overwriting the sexlabutil plugin.

as this post is in the skyrim, rather than skyrim SE/AE version, let's start with which version of skyrim this is about. Inside skyrim, hit Esc, and go to the system tab. Bottom left corner will be the version. If you're new to skyrim, I'd expect you've got the default version, and see 1.6.640, you are in Skyrim AE, and should follow all the Skyrim AE download links. If you see 1.5.97, you specifically need the Skyrim SE mods. If you are in a different version to either of those, then the people here should be able to help identify which forum you should be in. Mixing versions is an easy mistake if you're new to this, and can cause all sorts of issues. 

SkyrimVersion.png