Is the GOG version of Skyrim okay for Modding?

On 7/8/2023 at 2:41 AM, MadMansGun said:

you need to do some digging for a few SKSE/dll mods but SexLab does works with GOG, also many mods have started to use Address Library so that has helped with compatibly.

okay good to know. What do you mean by digging for DLLs tho? Is there a place for those, or is it per mod? 

16 minutes ago, Roll4Initiative said:

okay good to know. What do you mean by digging for DLLs tho? Is there a place for those, or is it per mod? 

jcontainers for example you need to go here for the gog version because it's not on nexus

https://github.com/ryobg/JContainers/releases/tag/v4.2.6

i'm not sure what the current situation is for SOS, but people have been using a non dll scripted version for AE, so i'm guessing it's the same situation for gog unless a converted dll has been posted somewhere like it was for jcon.

35 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

jcontainers for example you need to go here for the gog version because it's not on nexus

https://github.com/ryobg/JContainers/releases/tag/v4.2.6

i'm not sure what the current situation is for SOS, but people have been using a non dll scripted version for AE, so i'm guessing it's the same situation for gog unless a converted dll has been posted somewhere like it was for jcon.

okay thanks, I guess it will become clear once I start modding. 

2 hours ago, Roll4Initiative said:

okay thanks, I guess it will become clear once I start modding. 

This does GOG version.

(Actually found there was very little that didn't work with the GOG version, and what didn't there were alternatives). 

Edited by spoonsinger