Since the official Stafield timeline and QnA I'm further refining what character I'm going to play first. Again, I'm taking my inspiration from the great science fiction writer James H. Schmitz's telepathic heroine Telzey Amberdon but also mashing some Piper from Fallout4 because I want her to be a freelance reporter. I changed Raised Universal to Raised Enlightened, because I prefer atheism. I'm still hoping that it and UC Native will give extra dialogue options, like Serpent's Embrace and Neon Street Rat were shown to do in the Starfield Direct

Name: Telzey "Piper" Amberdon

Background: Diplomat

Traits: Empath, Raised Enlightened, UC Native

Concept Picture:

image.jpeg.56f9ae39a8a6647c1b9a1ed0e288e3f7.jpeg

Story: Telzey's story starts when she is fifteen years old, a well-adjusted child of privilege. Her mother was a senior UC government official and her father a successful businessman. Tezley, despite her youth was a sophomore at New Atlantis University studying law when she attended a lecture about the Narion and Colony wars by a guest speaker, Sebastian Banks the founder of Constellation, now retired. By this time her latent psychic abilities had already started to make themselves known in the form of an empathic talent. Tezley could pick up the emotions and feelings of others beyond facial expressions and mannerisms. She realized that when she picked up that Sebastian was emotionally distraught when talking about the wars, and more importantly, he was lying about the reasons behind the Vesta massacre.

When Telzey confronted him after the lecture, Sebastian would only tell her that the truth was out there and she would have to find it on her own. Telzey picked up that Sebastian couldn't speak out publicly of what he knew, perhaps because Constellation's HQ was located in New Atlantis and the UC were suppressing the true events of Colony War and perhaps the Narion War as well? 

Filled with determination to discover the truth, Telzey switches her major from Law to Journalism and gets her degree three years later. Her decision to delve into the Settled Systems dark past caused a separation between Telzey and her parents. Her mother had been one of the diplomats instrumental in ending the Colony War and her father's company had contracts with the UC govt. When Telzey stubbornly refused to give up, they cut off her funding and "coincidentally" Tezley's scholarship was canceled, forcing her to take on student loans to complete her degree.

Worse, she found out that her applications employment SSNN another other news outlets were rejected. Instead, she got offers for UC SysDef and MAST, obviously her parent's influence in trying to steer their wayward daughter towards more acceptable employment. 

Despite these setbacks Telzey persisted and became a freelance reporter and her journal "The Settled Systems Free Press" got a following that was enough to keep her debts at bay. Then after a year of living in her UC govt provided "box" and nutrient paste, Telzey received a data chip.  On it were a collection of documents, some hundreds of years old, that indicated that both the UC and FC were afraid of "something", that the wars were more for territory or influence. Puzzled, Telzey read over the information till she got to the end where she learned that Argos Extractors was involved in the Colony War, having set up a mining post on Vesta, now abandoned.

And Argos Extractors were currently hiring.

Roleplaying: While telepathy isn't in Starfield there are several skills in the social skill tree that emulate it allowing Telzey to calm, fear, frenzy, and control humans and aliens. She'll have max persuasion and bargaining as well. This is more going to be a pacifist build, talking her way through missions, though Telzey will fight and kill if she has to using pistols.  She is also going to go deep into space wizardry or whatever it was at the end of the Starfield Direct.