Now Bethesda has mentioned aliens are in the game, however they mentioned are the critters on the worlds we are going to explore. However, one youtuber mentioned or gave a shout out to modders saying Starfield is the largest sandbox in which they will use every property in sci-fi to date. Mentioning especially star wars and being the number one use or will used property, so with that in mind, if mods come out using aliens from other properties and in 5 months Bethesda finally announces an actual alien faction with ships and the whole 9 yards,  with that again in mind would such an expansion pack ruin or enhance the immersion of the universal sandbox to which your playing in? Maybe for those playing with BSG, Firefly mods or the expanse(only watch a few ep.)? 

Edited by Kraven12

i imagine aliens are going to be introduced in the main story at some point, probably mid-late game and from that point on they will slowly spawn everywhere in the galaxy. whatever immersive reasons u need to introduce a new race, hopefully the main quest is going to cover it.

Yes, that's my impression too. 

A thousand worlds and no alien life? 

I doubt that we'll be able to even *access* a thousand worlds till after we get to mid-game and assemble and activate the Precursor relic that's featured in the trailers.  After that, I suspect (hope) that a whole new game will open up to us, including alien species and a somewhat settled galaxy. 

27 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I would not be surprised if the Zetans are hidden in the game as an Easter Egg in addition to any other storyline alien races are present. 

A human/Zetan war is evitable . Would not be surprised a dev or two from the fallout series wanted that to come true from their fan fic.

Why am I imaging Peebee from ME:A all over again? :smirk:

But even that would be a step up for Beth since everything in FO4 is there to shoot, not interact with in any meaningful/cool way. ... And the vanilla weapons fucking sucked.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
On 6/30/2023 at 6:05 PM, Kif_kroker said:

i imagine aliens are going to be introduced in the main story at some point, probably mid-late game

I do think this is probably the case, but...

On 6/30/2023 at 6:05 PM, Kif_kroker said:

from that point on they will slowly spawn everywhere in the galaxy.

...yeah, don't think it'll be that. I think a "last remnant" situation is more likely, like Mass Effect did with Protheans and Javik in ME3, or Bethesda themselves did with Snow Elves and Gelebor/Vyrthur in Skyrim.

I'd like to be proven wrong there, though. Aliens being relatively common (and I use that term loosely) after a certain point in the story (even if they're hostile) will only make it easier to justify all the different new races which I'd like to get into the game as it was done in FO4, lol.

On 7/1/2023 at 9:58 AM, Darsie said:

A thousand worlds and no alien life?

There is plenty of alien life, there's just no sapient alien life. It's all just feral creatures. At least that we know of; see above for my thoughts on it.

On 7/1/2023 at 9:58 AM, Darsie said:

After that, I suspect (hope) that a whole new game will open up to us, including alien species and a somewhat settled galaxy.

That'd be cool as hell and again, I really hope I'm proven wrong on this, but I don't think that'll be the case, sadly.

10 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I would not be surprised if the Zetans are hidden in the game as an Easter Egg in addition to any other storyline alien races are present. 

I seriously doubt it, Starfield seems to be going for a more realistic approach to design that would leave those out. Or well, not necessarily "realistic" since there's FTL travel and wacky alien fauna and such, but realistic enough that wacky 50s pulp scifi "little green men" would be out of place.

If there is such an easter egg, I'd assume it'd be in fiction, like a (human-made) toy spaceship or whatever just looking like the Zetan craft, but nothing that'd imply Zetans (or an expy of them) exist in the world.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Why am I imaging Peebee from ME:A all over again? :smirk:

Oh, for god's sake, please no. The last thing we need is even more shitty-ass "Green Babes from Venus"-style so-called "aliens" that are Totally Aliens My Dude, Pinky Swear! but are conveniently just blue/green-skinned humans so normies can get all hot and bothered about the "exoticness" without them actually being exotic. I'd rather not have sapient aliens at all if that's what all we'd get instead.

I love Mass Effect but Asari is the one part about that world I'll always hate due to being nonsensical normie eyecandy. Now, all the other alien species? Cool and properly alien-y, even when they look more human-ish that I'd like (looking at you, Drell and Quarians). But Asari can burn in hell for all I care. Cerberus did nothing wrong there.

Edited by Blaze69
19 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I love Mass Effect but Asari is the one part about that world I'll always hate due to being nonsensical normie eyecandy

You gotta admit that the voice actresses for Samara and Liara were pretty good though. Beth could do wonders for this game with the 'right' soundtracks, effects and voice actors. What I've heard so far could be better though.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You gotta admit that the voice actresses for Samara and Liara were pretty good though.

I mean... yeah, but if anything, that kind of choice only makes it worse IMO.

"Yeah, so, we've come up with this really interesting character, and we also have a very talented actor/actress in mind for them. But since we don't trust that people will actually like them, we're gonna make them into the shitty fanservice race that makes no sense whatsoever but we're contractually obligated to add in so normies can get off to it while actually being safe and boring".

That says to me either they don't trust the quality of the character itself, or they assume I'm a braindead normie retard that will only be attracted to very-human-ish booba and won't care about any character depth or good writing (which I consider a hell of an insult).

Same reason I can't give a damn about Quiet in MGSV no matter how hard they try because at the end of the day she only exists to be oogled at by coomers, therefore removing all value she could have as a character otherwise.

Beth could do wonders for this game with the 'right' soundtracks

Inon Zur is handling this one. I have no complaints about his previous work, and what little I've heard so far in the Direct and such sounds good to me.

and voice actors

What, you don't like the same woman that voiced 40% of all female Oblivion characters to voice more characters in here again? I do hope the Adoring Fan's voice is unique, that dude voiced literally every single male elf in Oblivion in turn.

Having Adam Jensen as a space cowboy is sure to be an interesting experience, though. If he doesn't drop a "I never asked for this", I'll be very disappointed.

21 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Oh, for god's sake, please no. The last thing we need is even more shitty-ass "Green Babes from Venus"-style so-called "aliens" that are Totally Aliens My Dude, Pinky Swear!

I wouldn't say no to having some green skinned Orion Slave Girls in the mix. Quite happy for them to be humans, gene spliced to have chlorophyll in their skin or some such thing.

On 7/2/2023 at 3:09 AM, Blaze69 said:

Oh, for god's sake, please no. The last thing we need is even more shitty-ass "Green Babes from Venus"-style so-called "aliens" that are Totally Aliens My Dude, Pinky Swear! but are conveniently just blue/green-skinned humans so normies can get all hot and bothered about the "exoticness" without them actually being exotic. I'd rather not have sapient aliens at all if that's what all we'd get instead.

Fucking thank you.
I'm coming at it from a slightly different angle; I don't even mind coomerbait (look where we are lmao), but god damn it you can make any kind of creature you want with CG. You don't have the budget and physical limitations of OG Star Trek, so why are you still making aliens just people in rubber cowls.
Gimme them starfish aliens, I'll find a way to fuck 'em ?

23 hours ago, DocClox said:

I wouldn't say no to having some green skinned Orion Slave Girls in the mix. Quite happy for them to be humans, gene spliced to have chlorophyll in their skin or some such thing.

See, that I wouldn't have a problem with. I presume technology would be advanced enough in the future to be able to change skin pigmentation, and maybe even weird prosthetics that seem organic. So if they were to add something that looks like an Asari but is simply a human who modified their body to look like that (whether due to some weird-ass otherkin crap or as part of their "job" in, say, the pleasure station thing), I'd both believe it and be okay with that since it'd probably make sense, even if I still wouldn't care about them.

It's the part where they would want us to believe those are actual aliens that I'd have a problem with.

3 hours ago, funniguy12869 said:

I don't even mind coomerbait (look where we are lmao),

I mean... I don't mind eyecandy either, but the problem is generic coomerbait is inevitably aimed at normies, which in turn means whatever you'll get will effectively be human with some body paint/accessories at most. Because anything further than that is too actually-alien for them to fap to.

You don't have the budget and physical limitations of OG Star Trek, so why are you still making aliens just people in rubber cowls.

I guess you could argue that for example in ME they were able to reuse pretty much all female human assets and animations (including facial animations) for Asari, while actually alien species like Turians needed to be built from scratch on that aspect.

I still think it's bullshit and I'd rather have no aliens than human-with-rubber-forehead-prop aliens, though.

Gimme them starfish aliens, I'll find a way to fuck 'em ?

Based and Harkness-pilled.

35 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

It's the part where they would want us to believe those are actual aliens that I'd have a problem with.

No no, I get it. I even agree. The convergent evolution card works once, but it's been way, way overused by now.  You could get away with it in a setting like Larry Niven's Ringworld where there's a damn good reason for all the "aliens" to look like us. Generally though, I'd like any aliens to look and act alien.

I just don't want to rule out any babes with exotic skin colors :)

On 7/3/2023 at 3:27 AM, DocClox said:

I think its reasonable considering Starfield's tech base and 300 years of history that we can get all sorts of different people that look alien from our 21st century perspective in both appearance and society but have human origins.