Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

Does anyone have a SSE working version of this?  I tried to convert it, but the screen is flickering like crazy and the character is short.  I can probably get the height working in the ck, but i can't figure out the flickering.  I'd figure i'd ask if anyone had a prepackaged mod that already works.  Thanks.

EDIT:  Now I can't get it to work at all anymore period.  It just goes to a black screen when I try an transform.  If anyone has a working copy, I'd be most appreciative.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 4:43 AM, LabelDegree said:

i have a problem where i have done all the steps in the read me but when i transform in game the animations work but the body is the same with no armor and my characters heads is present under the original and the jaw for the original is bugged can some 1 help me.

the picture showcases my problem

20181218234230_1.jpg

I'm having this problem too, but not immediately. For the first minute or so, she looks fine. But after floating around for a bit, the old, grey Vampire Lord body appears out of no where...

• 3 weeks later...

I added this and my vampires now seem to be broken. vampire is smaller then other characters, doesn't move on its own...only moves up down left right but doesn't turn or corner and clips a little bit. Is there anyway do get the old files back TIFU by just dropping them in...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, ShenGo said:

I'm having this problem too, but not immediately. For the first minute or so, she looks fine. But after floating around for a bit, the old, grey Vampire Lord body appears out of no where...

I had this problem too, and apparently because I use Seranaholic mod (which alters Serana appereance)

The solution was to put Shaydows's mod after Seranaholic in load order.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:14 AM, CRAFTY x GAMER said:

so I have the mod working with no issues at all and everything works perfectly my only question is can I somehow edit the height of the vampire and not effect the height of human form?

For this I'll quote Shaydows reply, you can also find it in page 2 of this topic:
"

There is no reason to adjust any skeletons.

Open the mod in the Creation kit, Type DLC1VampireBeastRace in the filter bar of the object window. Scroll to the bottom of the object window and select ALL. 

Double click the DLC1VampireBeastRace in the object window under editor ID.

Select the female option to the right of the ID name.

Select the Body Data tab.

Under the Female Data section you will see HEIGHT WEIGHT and MASS. I set the height to 0.8 for easier access to doorways. The default is 1.0, change it to what you like.

Click OK on the bottom, then save the plugin. Done."

10 minutes ago, shandareth said:

I had this problem too, and apparently because I use Seranaholic mod (which alters Serana appereance)

The solution was to put Shaydows's mod after Seranaholic in load order.

I don't use any mods that alter Serana... :(

4 hours ago, ShenGo said:

It's always been as close to the bottom as I can get away with.

Sorry bro, cannot help you any further then... I think the only thing you could do is to be very patient and try to discover if there is any mod conflict by disabling your mods , little by little.. <_<

... or wait a reply by someone who has more knowledge than me eheh

5 hours ago, shandareth said:

Sorry bro, cannot help you any further then... I think the only thing you could do is to be very patient and try to discover if there is any mod conflict by disabling your mods , little by little.. <_<

... or wait a reply by someone who has more knowledge than me eheh

No worries... I'm not a bro though. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded and tried this mod and I really liked it and I know that you made the player shrink to be able to go through most doors but in my case, she ends up a lot smaller making look like an elementary school kid but, is there a way to increase her body size without affecting the not transformed body? Because when I adjusted her height using racemenu and reverted back to human form, my character became a giantess. Also, is there a way to make the vampire lord face have the human form face tattoos? Because when I change to vampire lord, the tattoos get removed and I honestly don't like the way my character becomes... Thank you~!

Edit 1: I read the above posts so you can just ignore my first question. my only problem now is the face. can someone help me?

Edit 2: I found out that the tattoos were actually copied. It was actually the head mesh that was the problem. I tried changing the "VampireLordReplacerHead.nif" but what I got in-game was an invisible head with visible teeth and eyes...

Edit 3: After hours of browsing and a lot of self cursing, I finally solved the face issue. Now I just need to know how to change Harkon to a woman and find out if it will break anything in the game. I'm definitely gonna love this mod, I just know it.

Thank you for this mod~!

On 10/22/2015 at 12:16 PM, malfdawg said:

tumblr_o4y8ab57vB1rcvbjjo1_1280.jpg

I used this mod to make a custom Succubus Transformation 

Height fix:

Open the vampirelordreplacer.esp in CreationKit

Under Race, open the DLC1VampireBeastRace.

At the top it has Editing male/female radio buttons, make sure you select female.

On the Body Data tab, change the Height from .8 to 1.

Save the esp.

Face fix: (to get an exact copy)

Copy into VampireLord Replacer folder with appropriate names
femalehead.tri
femaleheadchargen.tri
FemaleHeadraces.tri
femalehead.nif

**Important** (without this your racemenu sculpt wont show)

Open the vampirelordreplacer.esp in CreationKit

Under Race, open the DLC1VampireBeastRace.

At the top it has Editing male/female radio buttons, make sure you select female.

On the Face Data tab there are 2 checkboxes, Overlay head part list, Override head part list. UNCHECK both.

Save the esp.

Armor extensions:

Basically you can add all the armor you want to the VampireLordReplacer .nifs via NifSkope (Make sure to convert your BSDismemberSkinInstances to NiSkinInstance, to make it easy.)

edit: due to popular enough demand, I can make your armor nifs for you. Just need to upload all the armor and the body you want for your vampirelord, and I can merge the nifs.

HDT Tail:

Im using this demon tail for the HDT Dragon Tails mod.
I'm using the "WingA .esp" and saved the demontail.nif as VampireLordReplacerWingsA.nif

Change the BSDismemberSkinInstance slot in NifSkope to the equipment slot 44. (same as the Wings)

Also the tail has no texture as is, you'll need to link to one in NifSkope

Animated Wings:

Using the Princessity addon from this thread.
You can change which wing model it chooses in Creation Kit
The textures are Animated Dragon Wings - Evil Wings Retexture

Transformation + Walking/Sprinting w/ Animated Wings and HDT Tail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfyZDg9RgY

Hi, can you please tell me what armor are you using?

• 1 month later...

So I got a custom armor set working for the transformation - however I need to know how to disable the hair. I am using a helmet that disables the hair when used normally. Slots the helmet uses 31 and 42. Hairstyle is from KS Hairdos Renewal.

Slight update - went in to the .nif file in nifskope and found it uses slot 131 to hide the hair - so I assume I just need to add slot 131 to the helmet in tes5edit but I cannot figure out how, as 131 does not show up as an option.

2 hours ago, alphastriker021 said:

So I got a custom armor set working for the transformation - however I need to know how to disable the hair. I am using a helmet that disables the hair when used normally. Slots the helmet uses 31 and 42. Hairstyle is from KS Hairdos Renewal.

Slight update - went in to the .nif file in nifskope and found it uses slot 131 to hide the hair - so I assume I just need to add slot 131 to the helmet in tes5edit but I cannot figure out how, as 131 does not show up as an option.

May well be an error and it should be slot 31 maybe?  From what I remember there are only 61 slot locations and that is hard wired into the game.

21 minutes ago, Varithina said:

May well be an error and it should be slot 31 maybe?  From what I remember there are only 61 slot locations and that is hard wired into the game.

Already have it set to slot 31 and 42. Read into it a bit more and that isn't the issue. Slot 31 is supposed to disable the hair model but it isn't for some reason. Slot 131 is just used in nif models themselves, not the game I guess. Going to try adding the head (30) to the helmet armor addon and see if that works.

Edit - adding slot 30 to the helmet didn't work, also tried adding slot 41 to the helmet which also did not work.

9 hours ago, alphastriker021 said:

Already have it set to slot 31 and 42. Read into it a bit more and that isn't the issue. Slot 31 is supposed to disable the hair model but it isn't for some reason. Slot 131 is just used in nif models themselves, not the game I guess. Going to try adding the head (30) to the helmet armor addon and see if that works.

Edit - adding slot 30 to the helmet didn't work, also tried adding slot 41 to the helmet which also did not work.

More than likely it is this mod then, if you run xedit check for errors on it, this mod shows dozens of errors on the race itself, with the werewolf version adding update as a master file sorted it out for me, for this one though it did not, and I have no idea how to fix the errors, and the author seems to have pretty much abandoned lovers lab or maybe modding altogether, so unless somebody else who knows there race replacers and can sort it out does so, it is pretty much as is.

You are changing the slot locations in both the armor addon and the armor itself?  I have found differences between those two can cause odd things to happen.

6 hours ago, Varithina said:

More than likely it is this mod then, if you run xedit check for errors on it, this mod shows dozens of errors on the race itself, with the werewolf version adding update as a master file sorted it out for me, for this one though it did not, and I have no idea how to fix the errors, and the author seems to have pretty much abandoned lovers lab or maybe modding altogether, so unless somebody else who knows there race replacers and can sort it out does so, it is pretty much as is.

You are changing the slot locations in both the armor addon and the armor itself?  I have found differences between those two can cause odd things to happen.

Going to try a fresh install of the ESP and do it all over again. Will edit this post with results. 

Edit - Didn't work so I am thinking it is probably something to do with the armor I am trying to use. Unless there is a way to just disable the hair for the transformation I am just going to find and use a different armor set. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, ShenGo said:

For anyone wondering, I THINK this (at least in my case) was caused by Creature Framework and/or More Nasty Critters. Once I disabled that mod from replacing Vampire Lords, she SEEMED to stay in her Shaydows Vampire Lord form...

That's a shame, though, as I really like MNC's male Vampire Lord replacement, but I can't disable females without disabling males too.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, ShenGo said:

For anyone wondering, I THINK this (at least in my case) was caused by Creature Framework and/or More Nasty Critters. Once I disabled that mod from replacing Vampire Lords, she SEEMED to stay in her Shaydows Vampire Lord form...

That's a shame, though, as I really like MNC's male Vampire Lord replacement, but I can't disable females without disabling males too.

If I remember correctly for me this same bug was caused by Seranaholic. Loading Shaydow's after that mod fixed it.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:41 PM, Capotraste said:

If I remember correctly for me this same bug was caused by Seranaholic. Loading Shaydow's after that mod fixed it.

Yeah someone told me about that, but I don't use that mod. Loading Shaydows after MNC/Creature Framework only prevented my game from crashing when she transformed, but unless I disable Vampire Lords in the Creature Framework MCM, she eventually has both the body I set up with this mod, and the MNC replacer body at the same time. It caused the same problem with Shaydows Werewolf Overhaul as well.

Anyway, I figured my findings would be good to share for people like me, whose issues aren't caused by Seranaholic. :)

8 hours ago, ShenGo said:

Yeah someone told me about that, but I don't use that mod. Loading Shaydows after MNC/Creature Framework only prevented my game from crashing when she transformed, but unless I disable Vampire Lords in the Creature Framework MCM, she eventually has both the body I set up with this mod, and the MNC replacer body at the same time. It caused the same problem with Shaydows Werewolf Overhaul as well.

Anyway, I figured my findings would be good to share for people like me, whose issues aren't caused by Seranaholic. :)

Right. I see only two ways to fix this, Disable Vampire Lords in Creature Framework (what I did) or edit CF in TES5 Edit or CK  to not update the female Vampire model.

But considering the only other vampire lord in vanilla is Harkon and he gets a bit broken by this mod anyway, I think it's worth it to disable vampire lords on Creature Framework.

On 10/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, Capotraste said:

Right. I see only two ways to fix this, Disable Vampire Lords in Creature Framework (what I did) or edit CF in TES5 Edit or CK  to not update the female Vampire model.

But considering the only other vampire lord in vanilla is Harkon and he gets a bit broken by this mod anyway, I think it's worth it to disable vampire lords on Creature Framework.

Yeah, I found that whenever it tried to initiate a scene with Harkon via Defeat, well... It all went to hell. :/ So I just accepted turning it all off.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was hoping to use this in VR. I know you can't see yourself much in VR except with mods like Flower Girls it clones your character so you do get to view yourself. I converted it to SE. The No Wings version didn't crash at first but subsequent tries it did when changing into the vampire lord. Wings B version also crashed when changing into a vampire lord. (Also I tried converting the Werewolf Overhaul too but it crashed when changing into a werewolf for some reason.) So maybe there's (no?) hope for the No Wings version in VR but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Noque said:

getting race subrecord error on tesedit for both vampire and werewolf :/

Been like that for ages, I reported the same thing quite some time ago, though I am pretty sure the author stopped modding or at least stopped modding here ages ago.  According to their profile here the last posted on lovers lab was back in 2016.

There are basically four options, find somebody who knows how to sort it and get them to do so, find out how to fix it yourself I have played around a couple of times trying and failed, change to another vampire lord replacer which there are not really that many off, or just us it as it is, with all the potential bugs that it may cause.