Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

i realize the author hasn't replied for quite some time.. however I absolutely need this mod to work and ive looked through all the comments. ive had grey screen with head textures elongated. T pose, and black screen (not even CTD, had to sign out/shutdown). I manually installed as I have with countless other mods. this is not working. spent hours sitting here trying to get this mod to go. shows the mesh/textures but theres obviously some conflict and 0 animations.  really don't wanna give up on this mod 

thanks in advance 

• 1 month later...

i have a problem where i have done all the steps in the read me but when i transform in game the animations work but the body is the same with no armor and my characters heads is present under the original and the jaw for the original is bugged can some 1 help me.

the picture showcases my problem

20181218234230_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2015 at 4:07 AM, malfdawg said:

I dont know how helpful I can be, because on the other forum I think you said you were equipping your tail differently than how I did it, and a lot of the stuff you were talking about was over my head.  I'm not really very experienced with modding, I'm just good at tinkering with things until I get them they way I want.  I had to download NifSkope for the first time just to do this project.  

That being said, here's how I did my tail, maybe it will help in some way.  I first installed the HDT Dragon Tails mod. I then downloaded the demon_tail.nif and opened it in NifSkope.  Via NifSkope I attached a 'black leather' texture to it, and changed the BSDismemberInstance to slot 44 (the wings slot). I then just renamed demon_tail.nif to VampireLordReplacerWingsA.nif and put it in the Replacer folder.  Of course I had to use the "WingsA.esp" from Shaydows mod to equip it on transformation. I did not modify any part of the HDT Dragon Tails mod.

I still don't understand how to make a tail. Do you have an example picture of where to tick?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

successfully converted to sse - just follow the instructions here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17990, or tl;dr you just need to use the ConverttoSkyrimSE.bat with HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe (install the CreationKit  and it's in steam/.../Skyrim Special Edition/tools), copy both into the mod folder and run the bat. Then copy the Nif optomizer into the mod folder and run it. Select your esp, and copy that into the Data folder of the mod. Delete the Nif optomizer files and the Convert and Havok files from the mod. Finally, install a copy of the mod (i recommend MO for this part, haven't really tried with nexus), and open Creation Kit. Click File->Data and then set Shaydows as active and click ok. Click yes to all, and once everything has finished loading click save. Then go into your installed mod folder and delete everything except the esp (basically CreationKit screws with stuff it doesn't need to, and we only need it to change the esp) and then copy everything except the esp into the installed mod folder, so you now have the good esp and the good textures as the mod. Enable and enjoy. 

Again, this is a tutorial for MO, im not sure how to do this process with NMM/Vortex. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm no expert on converting mods from Oldrim to SSE, but I was having a similar crashing issue, and fixed it by running the Nif Optimiser before doing the Havok conversion. Seems to be running alright after that, certainly doesn't crash instantly anymore on transformation. Also if you haven't. try moving the head Nif to a separate folder and doing the head optimisation there before moving it back - don't know how much this affects it but that's what the instructions say on the download page, so that's what I did and it's worked since.

I was shocked how well this worked right from the get go. :) My only complaint is that I can't change her hair color. My character has nearly white hair by default, a black haired vamp lord would be fantastic.

Would also love her to use Anton's animated dragon wings, but I imagine that might be asking a bit much... If this is still being worked on. >.<

4 hours ago, ShenGo said:

Would also love her to use Anton's animated dragon wings, but I imagine that might be asking a bit much... If this is still being worked on. >.<

Looking at shadydow's profile here they have not visited since October 2017, so unless they are active elsewhere, or somebody else is doing so then nope no development being done.

19 hours ago, Varithina said:

Looking at shadydow's profile here they have not visited since October 2017, so unless they are active elsewhere, or somebody else is doing so then nope no development being done.

I figured as much anyway based on the frequency of replies from the author in this thread, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did it! It took me more hours than I wanted to but I think I fixed everything and customized my char's VL transformation. 

I liked Shaydows idea of giving a spectral appearance to the transformation and tried to do something similar.

Spoiler

20190508171831_1.jpg.54d8faaaf5c70cc1d8a2bf3b2db45fc7.jpg

But I still want to give her some armor though, or something to put on her body area. I'm going for a kind of Succubus-necromancer direction with her, so if someone knows of an armor that looks nice with skeletal wings and tail I'd be grateful.

Also if anyone needs help regarding fixes or customizing the transformation ask away. By what I learned I guess I can point out how to fix the most glaring bugs atleast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 5:43 AM, LabelDegree said:

i have a problem where i have done all the steps in the read me but when i transform in game the animations work but the body is the same with no armor and my characters heads is present under the original and the jaw for the original is bugged can some 1 help me.

the picture showcases my problem

20181218234230_1.jpg

pretty much the same problem I'm having 

26 minutes ago, LabelDegree said:

I got it to work just by putting it near the very bottom of my nmm load order. The only things i have below it is TES5merged patch and my bashed patch

thx a lot that seemed to to it 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried replacing the body armor with a CBBE based one, but I'm getting a pretty big gap between the legs and the feet. Replacing the boots mesh with a CBBE feet mesh didn't help. From the looks of it, the body mesh is getting cutting off higher than it should, just below the knees. The mesh has the thighs in nifskope, so the cut-off is happening in-game. Anyone have ideas for the cause or a fix?

EDIT: Discovered a solution. Converting the body shape into a NISkinInstance in Nifskope fixed the cropping. My character is now whole!

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a problem with the "fat face" bug even after replacing .tri files and Malfdawg's fix. I eventually found someone's fix it and am posting it here to hopefully make it easier to find. 

1. load mod and custom race you use in ck and edit the vamp lord race, make sure you're editing females

2. Make sure overlay/override head part list us unchecked in Face Data is unchecked. (MalfDawg's fix)

3. go back to "General Data." In the lower right corner is "copied data" and "morphed race" set morphed race to the race you are using

4. Save

Works for werewolf replacer as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2015 at 10:16 PM, malfdawg said:

tumblr_o4y8ab57vB1rcvbjjo1_1280.jpg

I used this mod to make a custom Succubus Transformation 

Height fix:

Open the vampirelordreplacer.esp in CreationKit

Under Race, open the DLC1VampireBeastRace.

At the top it has Editing male/female radio buttons, make sure you select female.

On the Body Data tab, change the Height from .8 to 1.

Save the esp.

Face fix: (to get an exact copy)

Copy into VampireLord Replacer folder with appropriate names
femalehead.tri
femaleheadchargen.tri
FemaleHeadraces.tri
femalehead.nif

**Important** (without this your racemenu sculpt wont show)

Open the vampirelordreplacer.esp in CreationKit

Under Race, open the DLC1VampireBeastRace.

At the top it has Editing male/female radio buttons, make sure you select female.

On the Face Data tab there are 2 checkboxes, Overlay head part list, Override head part list. UNCHECK both.

Save the esp.

Armor extensions:

Basically you can add all the armor you want to the VampireLordReplacer .nifs via NifSkope (Make sure to convert your BSDismemberSkinInstances to NiSkinInstance, to make it easy.)

edit: due to popular enough demand, I can make your armor nifs for you. Just need to upload all the armor and the body you want for your vampirelord, and I can merge the nifs.

HDT Tail:

Im using this demon tail for the HDT Dragon Tails mod.
I'm using the "WingA .esp" and saved the demontail.nif as VampireLordReplacerWingsA.nif

Change the BSDismemberSkinInstance slot in NifSkope to the equipment slot 44. (same as the Wings)

Also the tail has no texture as is, you'll need to link to one in NifSkope

Animated Wings:

Using the Princessity addon from this thread.
You can change which wing model it chooses in Creation Kit
The textures are Animated Dragon Wings - Evil Wings Retexture

Transformation + Walking/Sprinting w/ Animated Wings and HDT Tail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfyZDg9RgY

Got it. This is before additional modding, just wanted to show the basic, following advice from this thread. This is definitely usable for SSE and it looks a lot better than what I had before.

Thanks!

If anyone needs help with this still PM me. I will explain to you step by step how to port this to SSE and then the changes you have to make so you don't CTD, face looks right, correct height, etc. 

Next I'm on to fixing the ridiculous breast and butt scale and then add physics. I can walk you through these as well. Just PM me. This mod works pretty easily if you know what you're doing.

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot1.png