4GB And Steam Achievements

Guest Devianza

Guest Devianza

I decided to get NV finally since it was only 10 dollars, and already I'm noticing it has the same issues non steam versions have.Ā  For some reason after I load the main sexout mods, it crashes on exit.Ā  The main ones I'm referring to would be Sexout, Pregnancy, Sexoutstore, and Sexout SCR, not sure which one is causing the issue but I have every requirement met.Ā  So I downloaded the stutter removal mod, then in the ini for that mod I set bFastExit = to 1, that totally solved the crash on exit issue.

Whee...

I then downloaded Casm since its supposed reduce save corruptions, andĀ theĀ Fake Fullscreen Mode Windowed mod, since it supposedly reduces crashes as well.Ā  All of those mods work as nice as always but I decided to try 4GB, and I made sure to download the alternate one that is linked on the NVSEĀ website.Ā  TheĀ program runsĀ the game and NVSEĀ loads fine but I noticed two issues right from the start.Ā 

When I take screenshots using Steam by hitting the F12 key, for some reason rather than saving the screenshots to the game id directory as it should, it creates a folder calledĀ 0, and I have to pull them up manually rather than just clicking on "View screenshots" from Steam.Ā  I also noticed when I take them while running 4GB, it just shows the screen shotĀ on the bottom right and says "Screenshot taken".Ā  If I take screenshots when not loading 4GB not onlyĀ are they saved to the right directory, I get the little pop up on the bottom right that says "Fallout New Vegas Screenshot Taken".

Now I could live without taking screenshots, butĀ what I noticed when running 4GB is I don't get Steam achievements.Ā  I finished Kicked in the Head, the achievement wasn't unlocked.Ā  I then started a new game without 4GB and the achievement unlocked fine.Ā 

So what's the deal with 4GB?Ā Ā Do I need to add it toĀ Non Steam Game under the Steam Client to get it to recognize achievements, orĀ does it just have issues with achievements?Ā  And I'm not even sure if I need it, some have said if I use aĀ 64 bit system it isn't necessary. Right now I'm just relying on casm, theĀ no stutter mod, and the windowed mode mods to see if I can reduce crashing, if I need 4GB to really reduce crashing I guess I'll just say screw the achievements even though I like achievements, its one of the reasons I go legit.Ā Ā 

But if anyone knows of a workaround, I'd appreciate it.

I triedĀ renamingĀ the executable to the same name as the launcher, but it doesn't.

Ā 

Ā 

Yes the Stutter Remover - Fast exit etc.etc. thing solved for me too, it's a great solution!

Ā 

I don't know about achievements in 4GB patch... I knew you couldn't use console but... didn't think the 4Gb could have those issues too... Anyway, about the UI, did youĀ seeĀ the one used in Project Brazil? I love it, IĀ think it's the Fallout Tactics UI,Ā but IĀ can't find the link on Nexus... it deserves a look!

Ā 

ON my sig is a link for crash on exit. Follow those instructions and it should work fine afterwards. That is not crash on exit.

Thanks.

Ā 

But like I said in my first post, I already downloaded that mod and tweaked the ini to solve the issue.

Ā 

The issue I'm having now is with 4GB not recording Steam Achievements, or properly handling screenshots taken with the Steam overlay.

Ā 

I'm still getting cell issues I think, fast traveling at times will cause a ctd if it's to a cell that is known to have a lot of npc's, and I have a hunch I'm going to get that ctd when I go out the manhole to find parts for the nice mutants. It always happens the first time I go out the manhole, then never again.Ā  I wanted to see if 4GB would fix these issues but i'm torn because I like achievements.Ā  But do I do prefer stability so if 4GB eliminates or severely reduces the crashes I'm getting, I may say screw the achievements.Ā  Most of the ones for the base game are dumb anyways, and it isn't like I get a cookie when I obtain them.Ā  I only got like 14 of the achievements in the new TR because I didn't want to sit there trying to find every single secret item.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, you did mention the fast exit fix it in the first post... :blush: , my bad it was late and I guess my eyes weren't working any more...

Ā 

I don't use the 4gb patch. I never really needed it. I also don't use the other optimizing tools available. I keep the load order as low as possible only loading what is needed that play through for my current play style at the time. That includes all the texture, body, hair, mods as well as game play mods such as Project New Vegas, CASM and Sexout with SCR and a few sexout mods as well. I usually hover around 60 to 100 mods.

I run a Win7x64 system. SSD for the OS drive and game drive (same drive). AMD 8 core processor and 16 gigs of ram in case you are interested.

Ā 

I have had the same experience of loosing achievements with some of the mods that I have used. I have temporally suspended my achievements. That sucked but I got the game to...well game and it is a small price to pay for added playability. I don't know of any workaround for the 4gb issue.

Ā 

Ā 

Do you have some links or screen captures for the mod that you are looking for. (fonts) I don't see it posted above. Perhaps I missed the sample or link.

With that link or screen capture someone here can help identify the mod.

Finally if posted on Gopher's video it might be one of his many hud mods. try checking mods under his name on the nexus.

Ā 

One that comes to mind is DarNifiedUI

After looking for an hour I found out it was DarnifiedUI, sadly.Ā  I say sadly because it looks like it never made it out of beta, totally figures.Ā  He supposedly was waiting until NVSE became more stable but then vanished before that happened.

Ā 

Ā 

Yea,,, I was finally able to help... Sorry that you are disappointing because it is Beta

Ā 

It's still pretty decent for a beta - I don't play without it.

DoctaSax is correct. Many people use that mod and can't live without it. Give it a try. You might just like it. It worked well in the video didn't it? Keep in mind that even FOMMĀ  and FNVedit is Beta but is used by almost everybody that mods. Beta isn't always a bad thing.

You're gonna need unified HUD. MCM clashes with anything that touches hud, which is why you use uHUD to make it all work together.

Ā 

Ā 

I've been runing DUI and MCM since MCM showed without any issue. Just install in order of publication.

Yep... Couldn't say it any better. .. I use uHUD for multiple huds and it works great when I get it working. .. Got to start to remember to actually follow the instructions.... :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

There is also an issue with steam, sometimes if you play in offline mode you do not get any achievements, so what I do is when I don't want steam to take any bandwidth, I just log on and sever steams network connection and then it says like no connection or something, which is bout the same as offline, except your achievments will work

Archived