The Witcher IV Storyline and Characters

Is it supposed to be a continuation of the events in TW3 or will they do sort of a prequel highlighting other stories from the books? Or maybe it will have nothing to do with the world from the first three games and be in a mostly new setting. Will we be able to build a new character in a 'living' world or will we play as Ciri or similar?

They've already hinted that some familiar chars will make cameos in the new game so they can't stray that far from the original trilogy I think. I'm damned curious about what this will be. What would you like to see in it?

P.S. I know it's years and years away, but I can't help but be a little excited about it, lol.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
3 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Been busy, Eva. :)

But seriously you're not just as curious what the Witcher 4 is going to be?

> I am and i have read about it a while ago. I even posted a game trailer saying that my Prince would definitely love to play it but he can't. As for character and game development I have enough info since none of us will play it. Sorry.:classic_smile:

Mh.. I don't think I will play it but I enjoyed W3 so

17 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

They've already hinted that some familiar chars will make cameos in the new game so they can't stray that far from the original trilogy I think. I'm damned curious about what this will be. What would you like to see in it?

This could mean anything, seeing how some of those Characters are mages who can outlive most of the  Characters we've seen so far. So doesn't have to suggest we will be having a short time interval between those Games, could very well be 100's of Years with Characters like Ciri (I don't even know if I am right here, does she have a normal Live duration?) and Geralt long gone (Let's just asume here Witcher can die of old age someday, seeing how Vesemir obviously got older, maybe age Witcher can live up to 300?)

Yennifer would probably be alive no matter how many  Years in the Future the new game will take place.

Or it's set in the Past and we'll see some younger versions of the known Characters we already know, like a 20something Geralt and a young Vesimir ?

Just now, KoolHndLuke said:

What? For the love of everything sacred in gaming, why the hell not? :classic_tongue:

Nothing against any new games but I am just not a Gamer anymore ?

Only thing with Games I enjoy recently is making up over the top horny  storys and put it in a Blog. xD

But I do like reading Lore so I will probably do just that once the Game is out

14 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

What? For the love of everything sacred in gaming, why the hell not? :classic_tongue:

> Our children, my Ivy and me, and the job. That is his and our priorities. If one wants quality family time and relationships, there is no time for playing computer games. Plus he easily gets addicted to it and he can't have control over it. 

Edited by Evaloves4
1 minute ago, Gukahn said:

Nothing against any new games but I am just not a Gamer anymore

I certainly hope you are just "in a phase" or you're actively seeking therapy. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

Plus he easily gets addicted to it and he can't have control over it. 

No such thing as game addiction! I can quit anytime I want... really.... right after I finish this one and a few others of course. :D

Twitching GIFs | Tenor

Knowing what they (CDPR) done to CP2077 and "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine" team long gone... hardly they will make something good with Witcher IV.

If they ever released it in this century... or Uncle Gates will end their suffering.

Edited by mircislav
15 minutes ago, mircislav said:

Knowing what they (CDPR) done to CP2077

They tried something new is all.... and that requires taking a chance- which is more than I can say for most dev studios and publishers nowadays. And the absence of the people behind that particular dlc is worrying I admit. But as I've said before, they know their next game is atonement more or less and not to fuck it up.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Is it supposed to be a continuation of the events in TW3 or will they do sort of a prequel highlighting other stories from the books? Or maybe it will have nothing to do with the world from the first three games and be in a mostly new setting. Will we be able to build a new character in a 'living' world or will we play as Ciri or similar?

P.S. I know it's years and years away, but I can't help but be a little excited about it, lol.

Geralt is done. Ciri is the new hotness, and essentially you pick up from "fuck my dad, but not like half the forum wants" and start from there.

Bear in mind literally the ENTIRE w3 team except for like 11 people is gone, so anything that would have gone with those lines is not and will never be a thing.

The original premise was rebuilding the schools and then deciding whether to accept Nilfgaard's hyper anal horseshit or not. Expecting as much content as W3 had is also not going to be a thing either as ESG rules are now the defacto way CDPR operates and no amount of nostalgia is gonna change that.

What you can expect is hyper fancy graphics, probably decent combat and magic... and that's it. All that other shit that was Sapkowski or better level, yeah that shit literally walked out the door.

Ciri and Friends : AndDramaDuh is probably exactly what you're going to get and the fact that two of the six Witcher games have already been canceled is pretty telling.

10 minutes ago, 27X said:

What you can expect is hyper fancy graphics, probably decent combat and magic... and that's it. All that other shit that was Sapkowski or better level, yeah that shit literally walked out the door.

Still, they can do a lot with Ciri as per a TR-esque style action rpg that wouldn't totally suck. But I get what you're saying and it's a goddamn shame.

It pains me to see how first short stories and later books I've grew up on have turned into yet another franchise to be milked. Whatever Witcher 4 will be, nothing will make me interested in it. When it comes to games it peaked with W3 simply because of the fact that all 3 entries were created by people just like myself who knew that stuff intimately. From then on, it steadily went downhill and continues to roll down a very long slope. And I can't see the bottom.

Edited by belegost