I miss the old style major overhauls

Don't get me wrong, Simonrim is very polished and high quality, but all it does is make Skyrim slightly better. You can only play the same game for so long.

I miss the old overhauls that drastically changed the game from one playthrough to the next. Going from Sacrosanct to Better Vampires was a whole new experience. Going from vanilla to Scion is just vanilla again but a little more powerful.

Anyone else?

The old overhauls are still available though. So you can use these if that's what you want for your game.

I played my fair bit of Vampiric Thirst, Frostfall, RND, PerMa and so on. But nowadays I like mods with simple but integrated systems that are mostly in the background. I don't want to deal with a blood pool, managing exposure and warmth or dealing with 10 different recipes for a bedroll or something. I already did that. Now I want a good system to build an interesting character, enjoy the gameplay and goof around for a while and try it again with some different mods each time.