From my experience, this is caused either by cloud syncing software like OneDrive, which for some reason likes to block mods from accessing their own files, or by an antivirus false positive that leads to an automatic blocking of any access to your personal files.

In the former case, the solution is to just not use something like OneDrive in such a "daily driving" situation, and in the latter case, you need to whitelist your TS4 folder within "Documents/Electronic Arts" (and perhaps the game install folder as well), so that your AV won't interfere any longer.

7 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

From my experience, this is caused either by cloud syncing software like OneDrive, which for some reason likes to block mods from accessing their own files, or by an antivirus false positive that leads to an automatic blocking of any access to your personal files.

In the former case, the solution is to just not use something like OneDrive in such a "daily driving" situation, and in the latter case, you need to whitelist your TS4 folder within "Documents/Electronic Arts" (and perhaps the game install folder as well), so that your AV won't interfere any longer.

I don't use OneDrive, and I whitelisted both the game install folder and the TS4 folder, however it still won't work.  Here is the exception log after both folders have been whitelisted, but I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the last one.

WickedWhims_v175e_Exception.txt

Seems to be the same exception as before, so something else must be blocking WW from accessing the files it stores along with the saves. Do you have any other software that creates backups of your personal files or is intended to protect them against outside access?

On Windows, you can also check the basic access settings for files and folders by right-clicking, selecting "Properties" and checking the "Security" tab (basically, you as a user should be allowed to do anything, except maybe for the "special" stuff).

If you can't think of anything that might block access to your saves folder (either in general or for the game / mods specifically), you can try renaming your TS4 folder to something like "The Sims 4a" and then run the game once to make it create a new TS4 folder. Copy your mods there, start a new game and check if you get the same exception again (you'll need to save and restart the game, of course).

If it happens again, it's a general issue (i.e. something is interfering with the game and WW). If it doesn't, it's probably an issue with the files themselves.

19 hours ago, onetwelvetwo said:

I don't use OneDrive, and I whitelisted both the game install folder and the TS4 folder, however it still won't work.  Here is the exception log after both folders have been whitelisted, but I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the last one.

WickedWhims_v175e_Exception.txt 5.25 kB · 3 downloads

Symbolic link and similar solutions, and external drives can cause also those issues, so check that. Running the game ad administrator sometimes solves the problem too, try that. 

As a last resource, and if what Crashdown117 already explained to you does not do the trick, you can simply remove the WickedWhimsMod folder (inside your saves folder), and restart the game. Wickedwhims will generate a new folder and it should not have any issues to read the new files. Keep in mind that it will delete your settings for wickedwhims. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos