Skyrim SE Exotic NPC Overhaul - Forsworn as Redguard

View File

My first public mod. I'm sure I will have forgotten something so please be nice.

This converts the race of all original game Forsworn from Breton to Redguard. Perfectly valid and may make them more interesting foes. You may also appreciate the change in skin color to make them less like the Nords. I always play in a snow-free summer or tropical Skyrim so it works for me. This includes all the mobs as well as core NPCs. It also changes things like skin color but makes no other changes to the NPCs. In terms of AI they may fight better but less effective as casters? I really haven't seen enough of them yet to understand their behavior.

It also uses High Poly Heads to make them look nicer. Sorry if you don't have it but it's a must have for my playthroughs.

At this stage it only changes males, but converting the females is planned.

Dependencies

Conflicts

Potentially anything that affects Forsworn, especially if scripting or other behavioural changes assume that their race is Breton. This mod should only affect textures and meshes so if you put it late in your load order and let it overwrite the other information it should be okay.

Not sure on how it works with Devious Cidhna yet. I'll find out eventually.

Change Log

v1.0

• All male Forsworn NPCs have race changed to Redguard, with changes to eyes, skin color, and hair

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/04/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, High Poly Head, High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources, High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this also change named actors? Like Madnach, Nepos that dude in Karthwasten, Warrens denizens, etc? I presume this is not going to be compatible with any NPC overhauls, like Pride of Skyrim series. Or even Botox.

I quite like the idea, but with my current setup I don't think this is a viable mod for me. Too bad. I too like Tropical Skyrim.

Edited by belegost
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 8:05 AM, 2hupedia said:

Is there a version that makes the females into female Redguard too? And if not can you make it if it isn't too much trouble?

Not yet. I'm a bit busy with Baldurs Gate 3 right now, hence my delay in responding here. To be honest if I was to prioritise it I'd more likely to convert the Male Breton/Imperial/Nord Bandits to Redguard next.

On 7/10/2023 at 3:58 AM, Throwawayname10 said:

Is there any hope for a version that doesn't require High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition ? That mod creates a lot of high poly npcs as the name suggests that gets to and over the engines triangle limit quickly causing performance issues for me.

Sorry to hear about that. I play on my partner's PC and he spends more money on his PC than we do on holidays some years :(  I'm "immunised" against that lower-performance experience so I'm not always conscious of that as an issue. I could look at it but I'd likely make it a lower priority than converting Bandit Males, and then Forsworn and Bandit females. Sorry.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:49 PM, belegost said:

Does this also change named actors? Like Madnach, Nepos that dude in Karthwasten, Warrens denizens, etc? I presume this is not going to be compatible with any NPC overhauls, like Pride of Skyrim series. Or even Botox.

It does change named actors. I used one of the Skyrim wikis to get a list of Forsworn NPCs. Although this mods impact is limited to looks and race (and from race any combat AI changes) I can't guarantee any compatibility with other mods that impact those NPCs. It does work with Devious Cidhna so my changes may not be significant to gameplay?

7 hours ago, jg8ts said:

It does change named actors. I used one of the Skyrim wikis to get a list of Forsworn NPCs. Although this mods impact is limited to looks

Then it's incompatible. I can either have nice looking men or your overhaul. Thanks for confirming.