My new rig. Hope it runs Skyrim on high or ultra o_O

koocamunga

Been 3-4 years since I've had this clunker of a pc so I decided that as a response to my post in the Skyrim requirements thread, I'd take the advice I was given and upgrade a bit. Sadly, my motherboard sucks and if maxed out would still kinda suck, so...I had one built =) It will be ready for pickup tomorrow hopefully due to the gfx card being out of stock at the time I placed the order at a computer store not too far from here. Here's the specs.

*Windows 7 home premium

*LG GH24NS50 SATA DVD Burner (yay for dvds?)

*8 gigs RAM (2x 4gig sticks with 2 open slots so I WILL upgrade to 16gigs of RAM =D )

*Antec EA-650 650W Power Supply

*Seagate 1TB 3.5 SATA hard drive, 7200 RPM, 32MB cache (2 HD slots so the 500 gig that's in this comp will go into the unused slot)

*Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 motherboard

*Apex Votrex 3620 case

*EVGA GTX 560 1GB DDR5 gfx card

*AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition AM3 Quad Core processor (3.2ghz)

>_>

With those specs you will run fine on high. You perhaps may even be able to run ultra.

Keep in mind you need to install the 4GB patch as well as do some ini tweaks which you can find in the skyrim section. My comp is similar to yours (only I have an Intel processor) and I run fine on ultra.

Also make sure you have the latest drivers for everything and KEEP YOUR CASE COOL!!!! Doing this will prevent all kinds of problems both in the here and now and future wear & tear on your system.

EVGA has a GPU monitor program called evga precision that has a very small memory usage footprint which you can use to ramp up your graphics card fan and/or just monitor temperatures.

I also the 560Ti (evga version with two fans) :)

HanPL, make sure you keep your case cool as Saints 3 will use 100% of your gpu!!! I have evga's precision monitor running and Saints 3 will stress test the hell out of a gpu MUCH more than skyrim according to the stats I've recorded.

Archived