Desktop.ini and other weird stuff

Aiko

Any idea what this means? or what this desktop.ini is for?

Got this error while i compressed my Textures and MipMaps for better Performance.

desktoperrorskyrimtlbcr.jpg 

Don't run any screensavers while recompressing the textures; the utility relies on DirectX for the conversions.

Deleted the desktop.ini file and reinstalled DirectX 9c but still getting the DirectX Error. Can this cause CTD or Freezes, because that's the reason why i'm compressing my textures.

/EDIT - I don't use any Screensavers.

/EDIT 2 - The File was broken. I replaced it with another one. Everything ist fine now - at least with the compressing. Hope this will fix my CTD and Freezes.

Deleted the desktop.ini file and reinstalled DirectX 9c but still getting the DirectX Error. Can this cause CTD or Freezes, because that's the reason why i'm compressing my textures.

/EDIT - I don't use any Screensavers.

/EDIT 2 - The File was broken. I replaced it with another one. Everything ist fine now - at least with the compressing. Hope this will fix my CTD and Freezes.

hi Aiko!

I guess you are using texture mods, many of these mods require DirectX11!

Archived