Too many animations files warning.

Hi. I just install a new animations pack and when load in game there is Too many animations files warning popup. If I click OK to close the pop up then all the animations still works fine. But the warning show up everytime I load a save and its annoying. Anyone know which mod this warning is from and how to disable it?

20230210044626_1.jpg.f901ecaada16bd3a6962dafcf87aa889.jpg

Is that too many *installed, or too many *registered animations?

If the latter, and if XXL doesn't solve it for you, I think you can just choose some "less important" sequences and unregister them (via SLAL)  to bring your game back into compliance. At least until you can increase the available number of animation slots. (if the pop up is annoying)

Edited by anjenthedog

Well, I'm guessing it's male specific animations not registered, judging by your screenshot, backed up by the fact you say your character functions fine. 

Do you have the SSL Anim Slot addition?

Do you have FNIS XXL, and is it kicking back a warning when it finishes?

If FNIS hits it's cap when processing, it wont half-register the new animations, so your overwrite doesn't change after throwing the error.

I believe FNIS XXL has about 32000 slots, and Nemesis about 27000, either/both might be a better combination.

13 hours ago, Canaduh said:

Well, I'm guessing it's male specific animations not registered, judging by your screenshot, backed up by the fact you say your character functions fine. 

Do you have the SSL Anim Slot addition?

Do you have FNIS XXL, and is it kicking back a warning when it finishes?

If FNIS hits it's cap when processing, it wont half-register the new animations, so your overwrite doesn't change after throwing the error.

I believe FNIS XXL has about 32000 slots, and Nemesis about 27000, either/both might be a better combination.

Yes. I'm using both FNIS XXL and Nemesis. Both ran fine without any warning. And i don't think its SL thing because when I count the animations in SLAL there is less than 1000 animation.

Untitled.jpg.04894a5ceeb57614f70e4d7775d8c08c.jpg

Edited by assassin394

xEdit script to find messages:

Spoiler

{
  Find message
}
unit UserScript;

function Initialize: integer;
var
  i: integer;
  j: integer;
  f: IInterface;
  e: IInterface;
  sig: string;
begin
  // iterate over loaded plugins
  for i := 0 to Pred(FileCount) do begin
    f := FileByIndex(i);

for j := 0 to Pred(RecordCount(f)) do begin
        e := RecordByIndex(f, j);
        sig := Signature(e);
        if sig <> 'MESG' then
            Continue;

Search(e)
    end;
  end;
end;

procedure Search(e: IInterface);
var
    m: string;
begin
    m := GetElementNativeValues(e, 'DESC');

if pos('Too many animation', m) > 0 then
        AddMessage(IntToHex(GetLoadOrderFormID(e), 8));
end;

end.

If that doesn't find it, use something like Notepad++ to search through all your psc and/or pex files for "Too many animation". You can also attempt to search psc and pex files for scripts that call MessageBox and go through the results manually.

Edited by traison
1 hour ago, assassin394 said:

There is no way to fix it except uninstall some animations to reduced the number or remover DAR it seem?

???

The same thread you link has the solution. There's a modified dll that allows you to increase that 16k anim limit. Later releases of DAR implemented it as a feature, but if you're still using 1.5.97 you'll have to find the correct dll.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

???

The same thread you link has the solution. There's a modified dll that allows you to increase that 16k anim limit. Later releases of DAR implemented it as a feature, but if you're still using 1.5.97 you'll have to find the correct dll.

Yep, I'm still using 1.5.97 so can't upgrade to the latest DAR. That .dll in the thread is for the newer version and will not work.

Edited by assassin394
1 hour ago, assassin394 said:

Yep, I'm still using 1.5.97 so can't upgrade to the latest DAR. That .dll in the thread is for the newer version and will not work.

I'd strongly recommend you to check things thoroughly. I didn't link it at first because I thought you could find it in no time since that thread is even marked as solved.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157742-solved-dar-causes-too-many-animations-error-how-do-i-fix-it/?do=findComment&comment=3929295

Edited by Just Don't
15 hours ago, Just Don&#x27;t said:

I'd strongly recommend you to check things thoroughly. I didn't link it at first because I thought you could find it in no time since that thread is even marked as solved.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157742-solved-dar-causes-too-many-animations-error-how-do-i-fix-it/?do=findComment&comment=3929295

Not exactly. If you check the dates, the solutions poped up 1 year after I marked it as solved. And the problem wasn't exactly solved back when I made that thread. It's more of giving up because there was no way to fix it at the time. Hadn't tried modding skyrim for a long time now since I moved to linux thou because SKSE64 doesn't want to play dialogue audio so I just move on.

But still, the give solutions a year after I said the thing is solved might work and might need a clean save file. I'm pretty trigger happy with starting over so that's not really an issue for me but might be for others.

2 hours ago, FallFall said:

Not exactly. If you check the dates, the solutions poped up 1 year after I marked it as solved. And the problem wasn't exactly solved back when I made that thread. It's more of giving up because there was no way to fix it at the time.

Weird usage of the solved "tag". Anyways, the dll in the comment I linked works for 1.5.97 and should have the increased cap. There are other threads where that dll or different ones are mentioned as a solution.