Hello, 

Not sure if this is the correct place, first time posting. I recently updated my Sims Game, updated a bunch of mods but something in the game in not allowing me to interact with other Sims or the Sim I am controlling. If I click on the Sim I am controllong nothing happens, normall if you click on them then you cna change outfit, go jogging etc. Nothing happens. I can I have myn sims interact with an object like a sofa or laptop but that's it. When I click on another sim nothing happens either, my sims can't interact with each other. There is no option to communicate, or anything else. Anyone know of any issues or mods that could be causing the issue?

Thanks 

Stephen

Check if there is a file called "lastException.txt" in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4" with a date and time matching this issue (i.e. not one from last year). If you have MC Command Center installed (a freat mod that's pretty much considered essential by most), you should receive an orange error notification in-game if something is seriously wrong or broken. A more detailed error report may then be found in the directory where your MCCC mod files are.

Also remember to delete "localthumbcache.package" (located in "Docs/EA/TS4" as well), whenever you make any changes to your mods or the game itself. This includes updates, installation of new DLC and so forth.

If all else fails, the 50/50 method can be a good way to identify broken mods and other kinds of troublemakers (e.g. conflicting files). This neat explanation is easy to follow and it even has a flowchart: https://www.patreon.com/posts/finding-broken-4-23751034

Depending on how many mods you have installed, this might take some time, but you will find out what causes the problem eventually. For major issues with the game as a whole, like you're experiencing now, you might want to test the game without any mods first. If the game itself turns out to be broken (which can sometimes happen after an update), run a game repair via Origin / verify file integrity via Steam.

Oh, and welcome to the community!