Zorai Posted September 15 Posted September 15 1 minute ago, AudBolman said: is it just me or do you guys also kinda wish there was a better way to follow progress on upcoming mods? ...or hell, even finding out about upcoming mods in the first place. ...preferably NOT a Discord server, though, if at all possible. The only real way is to just wait on the author to post updates. Even if said author had a twitter, GB, and Nexus, you'd still be waiting on when the author decides to update people. And that's if they wanna give updates at all. Some just prefer to drop updates when they're ready.
AudBolman Posted September 15 Posted September 15 That's fair...I guess the lack of activity is just getting to me a little bit...
DLP69 Posted September 16 Posted September 16 18 hours ago, AudBolman said: That's fair...I guess the lack of activity is just getting to me a little bit... Props for the self-reflection.
AudBolman Posted September 17 Posted September 17 shit, the main CrossWorlds modding thread got locked now
Blackwolfboy12 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 32 minutes ago, AudBolman said: shit, the main CrossWorlds modding thread got locked now yeah I even saw as well too
AudBolman Posted September 17 Posted September 17 ...so will CrossWorlds modding talk just...get migrated here? because if not, then...well, it doesn't really look like other Sonic games have the kind of modding activity CrossWorlds does, sadly...
Rosefan64 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 1 hour ago, AudBolman said: shit, the main CrossWorlds modding thread got locked now I wonder if it's because of length? 260 pages seems like a lot for one topic.
Catnatic Posted September 17 Posted September 17 9 minutes ago, Rosefan64 said: I wonder if it's because of length? 260 pages seems like a lot for one topic. Wouldn't be. There's 4 other threads that have even more replies than the CrossWorlds one.
AudBolman Posted September 17 Posted September 17 (edited) Nah, it has got to be because of the CrossWorlds modding thread being a drama magnet. In the meantime, maybe there can be more mods for other Sonic games? Edited September 17 by AudBolman
ClosetOfDoom Posted September 17 Posted September 17 2 hours ago, Rosefan64 said: I wonder if it's because of length? 260 pages seems like a lot for one topic. Nah, ZZZ has way more. It was likely because they are evaluating who was in the wrong or whatever.
Rosefan64 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 8 hours ago, AudBolman said: Nah, it has got to be because of the CrossWorlds modding thread being a drama magnet. In the meantime, maybe there can be more mods for other Sonic games? Everyone oughtta agree to a "stay on track" rule or something. I asked someone on the Sonic NSFW modding Discord to make a tutorial to make SA2 character mods, so there's that to look forward to.
ClosetOfDoom Posted September 17 Posted September 17 Went and looked through the thread. All of AbsolutelyBonekers' comments all got deleted. The moderators are likely just doing some clean up.
Zorai Posted September 17 Posted September 17 12 minutes ago, ClosetOfDoom said: Went and looked through the thread. All of AbsolutelyBonekers' comments all got deleted. The moderators are likely just doing some clean up. I think that's usually what happens when a thread is locked for that kind of reason. I imagine it would get deleted instead, or locked with a moderator comment on it explaining why, if they wanted it gone. 1
asdf732 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 25 minutes ago, ClosetOfDoom said: Went and looked through the thread. All of AbsolutelyBonekers' comments all got deleted. The moderators are likely just doing some clean up. They wouldn't need a whole day just to delete some dude's comments, and they can probably do that stuff when banning him.
SinsAwakening Posted September 17 Posted September 17 (edited) I kind of think the whole thread should just be wiped and replaced with a new one. With how much it gets targeted, I think starting over is the best approach. Edited September 17 by SinsAwakening 2
ClosetOfDoom Posted September 17 Posted September 17 1 hour ago, asdf732 said: They wouldn't need a whole day just to delete some dude's comments, and they can probably do that stuff when banning him. Also to let it cool off, though. Let the attention die down a bit.
Blackwolfboy12 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 3 hours ago, SinsAwakening said: I kind of think the whole thread should just be wiped and replaced with a new one. With how much it gets targeted, I think starting over is the best approach. yeah I think so to I agree with you on this
ClosetOfDoom Posted September 17 Posted September 17 4 hours ago, SinsAwakening said: I kind of think the whole thread should just be wiped and replaced with a new one. With how much it gets targeted, I think starting over is the best approach. I don't think it will make it any less of a target, seeing as it will have the same people, likely have the same mods posted and compiled, and any normies who see the Cream or Sage stuff will have a cow about it. It's just the same thing. Unless we put it under a false title, lol.
Zorai Posted September 17 Posted September 17 25 minutes ago, ClosetOfDoom said: I don't think it will make it any less of a target, seeing as it will have the same people, likely have the same mods posted and compiled, and any normies who see the Cream or Sage stuff will have a cow about it. It's just the same thing. Unless we put it under a false title, lol. Unfortunately I think its the same few people targeting it specifically. This has been an issue ever since someone used the Teto mod without permission I've noticed.
ClosetOfDoom Posted September 17 Posted September 17 1 minute ago, Zorai said: Unfortunately I think its the same few people targeting it specifically. This has been an issue ever since someone used the Teto mod without permission I've noticed. And it'll be an issue as long as Sonic is involved. There's just no way around it, so we might as well stick with the same thread. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now