Skyrim Crash on Startup ini change from launcher

Cocein

Today I made the mistake of running the skyrim launcher. It automatically decided to detect my hardware and change my settings and I couldn't stop it. Now my game crashes on startup every time I try to start skyrim. It worked fine before. I suspect it fucked with my .ini files and that's the cause. Does anyone know how I can restore my ini settings such that skyrim will start?

Delete the .ini files, and then try again; the game will generate new .ini files.

Also, make sure your .ESPs have the corresponding active masters, if you're using a mod manager (better yet, use Wrye Bash to check your load list).

hi Cocein!
I have a tip for you that has personally helped me out!
you remove the skyrim ini and SkyrimPrefs ...... (do not delete, move to the desktop) ......! if you do that then start your game, as a rule, the two files are then re-created, then your problem should be resolved. if it does not work you can copy back from the two desktop files.

german \ deutsch !

ich habe einen tipp für dich , der mir persöhnlich auch mal geholfen hat !
du entfernst die skyrim ini und die SkyrimPrefs ......( nicht löschen , auf den desktop ziehen )......! wenn du das getan hast dann starte dein spiel , in der regel werden dann die beiden dateien neu erstellt , dann müßte dein problem behoben sein . wenn es nicht funktioniert hat kannst du die beiden dateien vom desktop zurück kopieren .

Accidently rewrite the .ini files several times but never experienced any CTD tho. 

one line comes to mind ? uGridsToLoad, well if you do change it into higher value in your edited skyrim.ini.

hi anubis!

you're right, I also often the INI rewritten (camera work, and texture improvements and and) there are indeed created graphic error but there was no CTD. I just had to delete my ini through a bad mod of my INI has verendert beyond repair.

german \ deutsch !

du hast recht , ich habe auch öfter die INI umgeschrieben ( kameraführung , texturverbesserungen und und und ) es sind zwar graphikfehler entstanden aber es gab kein CTD . ich mußte mein INI nur löschen durch einen schlechten mod der meine INI unreparierbar verendert hat.

Delete the .ini files, and then try again; the game will generate new .ini files.

Also, make sure your .ESPs have the corresponding active masters, if you're using a mod manager (better yet, use Wrye Bash to check your load list).

Didn't work. The new ini files are generated and it still CTDs. I have checked over and over and my load order is fine. It's definitely the ini files. Especially since that was all that changed when it decided to change the settings.

I think there might have been some lines I had to add to my ini file initially to run the game, but I don't recall what they were.

Didn't work. The new ini files are generated and it still CTDs. I have checked over and over and my load order is fine. It's definitely the ini files. Especially since that was all that changed when it decided to change the settings.

I think there might have been some lines I had to add to my ini file initially to run the game, but I don't recall what they were.

if you still have problems despite this attempt, then it is something else! think about what you did last mod you installed, or have from when your problems started. it can only cause one of your last mods.

german \ deutsch !

wenn du trotz dieses versuches immer noch probleme hast , dann liegt es an etwas anderem ! überlege dir welche mod du zuletzt installiert hast , oder ab wann deine probleme angefangen haben . es kann nur einer deiner letzten mods verursachen .

Archived