Random Sex NG for SexLab

On 12/4/2022 at 10:56 AM, Arizona_Steve said:

You will need to extract the translation files from the .bsa (located in interface/translations) and manually create sexlabrandomsexng_french.txtin the same directory (and optionally translating the text there to French).

• Extract the .bsa file into your mod directory.
  • Go to interface/translations
  • Copy sexlabrandomsexng_english.txt to sexlabrandomsexng_french.txt
  • (Optional) Open sexlabrandomsexng_french.txt and translate to French.

If you do create a translated file I would really appreciate it if you posted it here so that I can include it in an updated release (with credits, of course). Same goes for any other language translations.

Thanks a lot for the information.

I extracted the interface folder.

I just make a copy of sexlabrandomsexng_english.txt to sexlabrandomsexng_french.txt sexlabrandomsexng_fr.txt sexlabrandomsexng_francais.txt

And it fixed the menu from MCM.

I didn't needed a translated file, but since you asked, I will make one.

26 minutes ago, boozecow said:

Thanks a lot for the information.

I extracted the interface folder.

I just make a copy of sexlabrandomsexng_english.txt to sexlabrandomsexng_french.txt sexlabrandomsexng_fr.txt sexlabrandomsexng_francais.txt

And it fixed the menu from MCM.

I didn't needed a translated file, but since you asked, I will make one.

sexlabrandomsexng_french.txt

9 hours ago, lapolla said:

Actually there is:

Let say your actors array is [M, F]

Before starting Sexlab thread you need to explicitly

set

SexLab.TreatAsFemale(akActors[0])

SexLab.TreatAsMale(akActors[1])

Thread.AddActors(akActors)
Thread.SetVictim(akActors[0])
Thread.AddTag("Anal")
Thread.AddTag("Aggressive")
Thread.StartThread()

Going to try that tonight. Thanks!

Bumping for update.

I have implemented Iapolla's workaround to override the tendency of SexLab to sort actors. Not quite as trivial as stated - in order for Random Sex to play nice with other SexLab mods I have to ensure that any changes made to an actor's SexLab gender is reversed when the sex act completes, as the changes apply globally.

Also added boozecow's French translation to the release.

Well I have been playing my main game and I have found that the stripping parameters get screwed up when I change the SexLab genders - If I switch a female to a male so that I can put them in a dominant position for an anal animation, they use the male stripping parameters. Makes sense, but doesn't work for me.

I think the only way to make this work is to create a FOMOD and allow optional overriding of the SexLab SSLThreadModel and SSLThreadController scripts during installation to allow for NPCs to be included without the SexLab sorting (I'll parameterize this so other mods are not affected).

This is really frustrating.

Also I would add something like this to your OnChangeLocation event and deactivating mod function , so even if you fscked up your main game, when you travel trough those cells with npcs with forced gender change, they will be fixed (I did that to my main game too;)

Actor[] actorList = MiscUtil.ScanCellNPCs(playerRef)
ClearForcedGender(actorList)

Function ClearForcedGender(Actor[] actorList)
    int i = 0
    While (i < actorList.Length)
        Sexlab.ClearForcedGender(actorList[i])
        Trace(ActorName(actorList[i]) +" clearforcedgender.")
        i += 1
    EndWhile
EndFunction

The SexLab MCM config provides a rather nice function to pull in the correct strip override configuration based on lead-in, aggressive etc, but I found I got confused as hell when I was testing my code with everything active. I'm a simple sort of guy, I like to set the female actors to keep most of their (skimpy) outfits on while stripping the male actors, makes for a better femdom experience with my followers.

So after some experimentation I went ahead and forced all strip overrides to use the normal values, ignoring leadin and agressive/victim settings. That's where I have left things for 20221207 - I can always add a setting to use all the strip settings if there is enough demand.

Will have to look into the OnChangeLocation event - but it's probably more of an issue when actors get unloaded as a result of the player changing cells. I think SexLab makes an honest attempt to catch this and end the sex act, in which case I would receive that event and revert any changes made to the participant genders. Hopefully there's a faction or something that SexLab uses to override the gender, so I can lock on that with one of my cleanup scripts and update those. However that would impact gender overrides that people actually want to keep.

On 12/8/2022 at 4:11 AM, Arizona_Steve said:

Will have to look into the OnChangeLocation event

I get a lot of situations, where:

- looks like Actor gets flaged for rnd sex

- other actors start running to this Actor

- Actor goes through door to other location (lets say into inn)

- result: inn(temple, house) is now full of dogs and cows and stuff

Is there a way to "cancel start of action if actors move to another location)"?

Note: this happens "while actors walk/run to target actor".

On 12/8/2022 at 4:11 AM, Arizona_Steve said:

Hopefully there's a faction or something that SexLab uses to override the gender,

Yes, there is. SexLabGenderFaction.

Going down a bit of a rabbit hole here. Latest issue is that the strapon is not getting added if I am changing the gender of a female to a male to put them in a male position in the animation. It seems that while the actor should be set as futa-enabled, there's a bit of code in the ActorAlias that fails to account for female-male gender transform (around line 460):

; Decide on strapon for female, default to worn, otherwise pick random.
if IsFemale && !IsFuta && Config.UseStrapons
    HadStrapon = Config.WornStrapon(ActorRef)
    Strapon    = HadStrapon
    if !HadStrapon
        Strapon = Config.GetStrapon()
    endIf
endIf

At this point I may just subclass some of the SexLab classes and add some overrides where needed, then create my own additional corrected SexLab threads for everything except creature and masturbator sex acts.

Hey Arizona_ Steve,

I just downloaded this new version and unfortunately I crash after the shaders are compiled (so before going to the start game screen.

A bit of background: I downloaded this new version, uninstalled the AE V2 version and was going to load my current playthrough, go to an interior cell, make a new save and check with resaver for errors/ leftovers. But, as I said, I didn't get that far.

Crash Logger indicates the Random Sex is the probably culprit. And SKSE log cuts off as it, apparently, handles Random Sex ( "sending message type 8 to plugin 39" = Random Sex). Finally SexLabRandomSexNG log indicates "2022-12-16 01:29:58.215 error Messaging.cpp   49 Failed to retrieve translation for key $RndSexOnlookerNotify".

I have no idea how to read crash logs, so I will attach both to this post. Hopefully you can find something in it? I will also continue trouble shooting on my end.

skse64.log crash-2022-12-16-00-29-58.log SexLabRandomSexNG.log

In response to my post above: I managed to figure it out.

It seems that Random Sex NG will crash before the main menu when you have... Scaleform Translation ++ installed during first load after install. Either the original or the NG version of Scaleform. So it appears that is still an issue between the two mods.

After disabling Scaleform and loading up, I was able to get in game and setup Random Sex (making sure to disable messages in the menu).

Saving and reloading afterwards with Scaleform caused another CTD before getting to the main menu, despite having messages disabled, which was a "fail safe" to be able to have both mods installed in the AE V2 version of Random Sex.

Reloading with Scaleform disabled caused no problem.

I guess it would be handy to mention in the mod description that Scaleform Translation ++ in any version is incompatible.

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

It seems that Random Sex NG will crash before the main menu when you have... Scaleform Translation ++ installed during first load after install. Either the original or the NG version of Scaleform. So it appears that is still an issue between the two mods.

I was going to go back into my original mod thread as someone had said the exact same thing there. It seems that Scaleform Translation++ does a similar thing to what I do in the messaging inteface (substitute instances of {} with actor names), and for whatever reason messes with my implementation.

I load in the message templates upfront when the game is loaded, which is why the crash exists even if the "Show Notifications" setting is off.

Possible workaround would be to detect the presence of the Scaleform Translator++ mod and use that if it is present. It uses an identical tranlation method to the code that I have.

EDIT: It looks like ST++ is just a DLL file with no esp or papyrus scripts. Which implies that it hooks into and makes changes to the translation mechanism which would explain why my code crashes when I assume that it's Bethesda's code that is being used to pull translation strings.

Is there any way to detect that a DLL file is present from papyrus?

Edited by Arizona_Steve
9 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

I was going to go back into my original mod thread as someone had said the exact same thing there. It seems that Scaleform Translation++ does a similar thing to what I do in the messaging inteface (substitute instances of {} with actor names), and for whatever reason messes with my implementation.

I load in the message templates upfront when the game is loaded, which is why the crash exists even if the "Show Notifications" setting is off.

Yeah, the person that has been "raising the alarm" about Scaleform in the other thread as well is me. I have noticed the incompatibility a long time ago. But as I said, the AE V2 did load with both mods present, as long as you turned off the messages. Since you mention you load the templates upfront now, that does explain the crashes now.

Going to spend the next day or two testing a new build of Random Sex to make sure everything is good before uploading here:

• Fixed the missing strapon issue when a female actor is set up as a male (to work around SexLab's auto-sorting) - This was done using the AnimationStart event that SexLab sends out and the workaround requires no fixes to SexLab. Really wish that I could override the actor gender on a per-thread basis, as can be done for lots of other stuff.
  • Downloaded Scaleform Translation++ and implemented a workaround to make use of that mod when present, deactivating my own messaging implementation. This resolves the CTD issue when that mod is present.

I have decided to ignore SexLab gender overrides. While this makes sense when overriding a female to a male (assuming they can use a strapon) it really makes little sense for overriding a male to a female, especially where vaginal sex acts are concerned. What this means in practise is that I can ensure that the SexLab gender, stripping and strapon is assigned correctly when starting up sex acts by comparing the animation position gender against the actual actor gender (getLeveledActorBase().getSex()).

The only downside is that if a sex act fails while animating - usually due to the player going through a door - there may be an effect on NPCs and other SexLab mods if the gender was overridden and the AnimationEnd event from SexLab isn't processed, but Random Sex will be consistent at least.

I think that's the best I can do with SexLab in its current state.

On a more hilarious note, I was stress testing Random Sex with every option active and 10 second interval somewhere in Whiterun with plenty of non-hostile animals added. And of course my PC is subjected to the humiliation of having to suck Heimskr's cock. Hilarious, because Heimskr usually is in a scene and under those circumstances can only be selected as a victim. I had no idea he would be on the prowl at night!

Heimskr.jpg

57 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

On a more hilarious note, I was stress testing Random Sex with every option active and 10 second interval somewhere in Whiterun with plenty of non-hostile animals added. And of course my PC is subjected to the humiliation of having to suck Heimskr's cock. Hilarious, because Heimskr usually is in a scene and under those circumstances can only be selected as a victim. I had no idea he would be on the prowl at night!

Heimskr.jpg

I guess he "rose up, ROSE UP"

Just sharing some info on the mod.  First, the brilliant soul who identified the conflict - Thank you. Worked perfectly to disable Scaleform.  Spawned into Solstheim on a new game from Live another Life.  Did not enter Raven Rock till level 14 (at 15 now).  Have bandits run up to me in the wild or in a location and initiate sex singly or more.  These are normally hostile to the PC.  Enter mines, etc. and notified of NPC's masturbating out of sight of the PC.  As PC gets close enough for combat, NPC's don't leave animation or become hostile afterwards.  They actually speak as if about to fight but don't.  Have to provoke them after the animation ends to initiate combat.   When I did enter Raven Rock, yet to see group sex but males commonly masturbate.  Probably a setting.  Strangely enough, having a bandit focus on personal needs over attacking me just worked and didn't seem awkward after a few times.  

Finally, fantastic mod.  Love the relaxed nature and frequent "interaction" this brings.  NOTE:  Have SLAroused, SLPheremones, SLApproach, SLHH,  SLAroused Creatures.  Also testing OSTIM NG.  Each has their own twist on interacting with the PC and as you can imagine, the player is staying busy.  All seems to work well together.  I love the approach aspect this brings.  Took a few times to start noticing if the bandits were in combat mode as they approached.  Roasted a few before I began paying attention.  All interactions enabled except MM.  

Thanks so much for bringing this back.  While adding voice dialogue at the approach might add something, it also might take away from the directness this brings.  Just found a new mod for my permanent load order.  Now have to figure out what to drop.  (OSTIM most likely - nice features but I'm female and prefer consensual with females and OSTIM has very little.)  Sorry for the lengthy input.  

Side note:  I use Fill Her Up as well and while not unusual to expand the waistline in my games, the frequency here has my PC in permanent belly bulge. :)

Edited by tjse4ever
Add a comment

@tjse4ever - Have fun with it! If you deactivate the "calm after sex" setting, normally hostile NPCs and creatures will immediately turn hostile after completing the sex act. I do maintain a calm spell when NPCs are running to their partners and during sex to prevernt followers and others from attacking while things are progressing.