Random Sex NG for SexLab

48 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

Going to check out this one next...

30 minutes ago, DonQuiWho said:

That was quick!  Thanks very much.  I'll give that a try as soon as I can, but prob later this evening

DQW

OK

Tried that and all now seems OK.  To be clear, what I did was:

a) In MCM Options 1, ticked 'Allow Consential'

That started things working

b) In MCM, Options 2, I have 'Miscellaneous Options>Animation Type' set as 'Aggressive Only', and so far that has only brought up 'aggressive' interactions.  Very limited test though! 

So thank you very much.  I will reset my interval timers so as the place no longer looks like an open air sex festival, and reset the JSON to stop it recording the SKSE logs!

Just as an aside, and it's meant to be helpful, 'Consential'?   Do you really mean 'Consensual'?  If so, you might want to change the MCM text when you do your next mod update?

And thanks for the very prompt help.  Much appreciated

DQW

11 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

Yes. Now I'm wondering why I spell it the way I do. British English possibly? Or maybe I don't know how to spell. Making some other fixes to the MCM menu so I'll get that corrected. Probably tomorrow.

That's fine, thanks

And I can assure you it's NOT British English, at least not that prevailing 60 years ago .... although, if you'll forgive the joke, it might be 'English' English LOL ?

Otherwise, I'm glad to have been of some help ?

Look forward to the update.  The mod looks great now, and I'll see how I progress.  I'm especialy interested to see how it handles DDs etc, and If I have any other helpful /observations and suggestions in the future, I'll get back to you

DQW

13 hours ago, TrinaryX said:

Cool thanks. If you're feeling up to it, adding an Indoors only option would be killer.

Did check the time options, made some tweaks to the menu and fixed one edge case (start time 00:00, end time 23:59) that was incorrect - although it's better to simply set the no time restriction flag in that case. Still, everything checks out on my test set up.

A couple of things to note: Firstly, the time range is specific to when sex act participant evaluations are performed. There is a period after that where participants run to the scene of the sex act location, followed by any masturbating onlookers. Plus the sex act itself. So it is entirely possible that sex acts will be started after the end time, and that is expected behavior. Secondly, time ranges can span midnight. So setting 22:00 as a start time and 02:59 as the end time will span midnight and into the following day.

As for indoor cells, the easiest way to handle that would be exterior vs interior cells - however interior cells do include such things as caves, mines etc and not just buildings. I may take a look, but not really a priority right now.

If we're talking about an animation that's marked as MFF, yes it is possible for a female victim position to be replaced by a male if (for example) the animation is marked as anal. The random sex code is a little smarter than SexLab in that respect and allows for animation positions that could be taken by any gender. The female position for a blowjob animation is another example.

Don't forget that positions that are marked as strapon=true can be populated with either gender if strapons are enabled.

The code is not perfect and is heavily dependent upon correct tags being assigned to animations. But it's pretty good.

Edited by Arizona_Steve
On 1/7/2023 at 10:53 AM, Arizona_Steve said:

Did check the time options, made some tweaks to the menu and fixed one edge case (start time 00:00, end time 23:59) that was incorrect - although it's better to simply set the no time restriction flag in that case. Still, everything checks out on my test set up.

A couple of things to note: Firstly, the time range is specific to when sex act participant evaluations are performed. There is a period after that where participants run to the scene of the sex act location, followed by any masturbating onlookers. Plus the sex act itself. So it is entirely possible that sex acts will be started after the end time, and that is expected behavior. Secondly, time ranges can span midnight. So setting 22:00 as a start time and 02:59 as the end time will span midnight and into the following day.

As for indoor cells, the easiest way to handle that would be exterior vs interior cells - however interior cells do include such things as caves, mines etc and not just buildings. I may take a look, but not really a priority right now.

I've attached  a screenshot. My time goes up to 100, not just 24, fresh install on a new game. Not sure what's causing that.

I understand the indoors not being a priority. It wouldn't be too hard to do a formlist with locations with interior keywords (inn, castle, etc). Maybe I'll pop a version together later and send it your way.

20230109224833_1.jpg

If updating in Mod Organizer it is recommended to use the Merge option to preserve the existing SexLabRandomSexNG.json configuration file.

that should never be a thing.

mod organizer puts jsons and other setting-related files in the Overwrite folder to avoid exactly that.

do NOT stuff those files back into the originating mod's folder (it would be better to actually just leave them in Overwrite).

instead, right click Overwrite, chose Create Empty Mod above, name it "Settings" or similar, and, in mod organizer, drag & drop files that mod organizer puts in Overwrite (jsons, bodyslide and racemenu presets, inis, etc) from Overwrite into that 'mod'. All your settings are in ONE folder now, and that folder is entirely under your control and will not get deleted/overwritten when updating mods.

Edited by snottily
stuff
On 1/10/2023 at 4:42 PM, snottily said:

that should never be a thing.

mod organizer puts jsons and other setting-related files in the Overwrite folder to avoid exactly that.

Yup, I fixed that by auto-generating a default file if one is not present (which will go to the overwrite as stated). The json is no longer part of the distribution.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:17 AM, alternateaccounts said:

Hey @Arizona_Steve

You mentioned [manually changing genders]:

I find this to be a really innovative solution to a lot of SexLab constraints. Would it be possible to attach a script overriding SexLab gender to an equippable item?

Should be easy to leverage the onEquipped and onUnequipped events on the item, which passes the NPC equipping the item as a parameter. Use sexlab.treatAsGender(npc, female) to change the gender and sexlab.clearForcedGender(npc) to clear.

18 hours ago, Arizona_Steve said:

Should be easy to leverage the onEquipped and onUnequipped events on the item, which passes the NPC equipping the item as a parameter. Use sexlab.treatAsGender(npc, female) to change the gender and sexlab.clearForcedGender(npc) to clear.

I really appreciate the insight. I'm really struggling with pex and source files at the moment. I'm running CK through MO2, I've tried editing them in the past and CK always acts like it can't find the source files.
Would I be able to just attach the script to the item from another mod without editing anything?
Is using MO2 for editing scripts via CK impossible or am I doing wrong?
Sorry for all the questions.

2 hours ago, alternateaccounts said:

I really appreciate the insight. I'm really struggling with pex and source files at the moment. I'm running CK through MO2, I've tried editing them in the past and CK always acts like it can't find the source files.
Would I be able to just attach the script to the item from another mod without editing anything?
Is using MO2 for editing scripts via CK impossible or am I doing wrong?
Sorry for all the questions.

I am having the same issues with CK, despite have all the updated fixes on Nexus installed. I also installed the SkyUI SDK files which are apparently needed for some/most LL mods, but still trying to recompile files will fail. Hopefully Arizona_ Steve has a solution... No pressure there, Steve ;)

Your script would be something like this:

scriptname MyScript extends ObjectReference

SexLabFramework property sexlab auto
bool property female auto

event onEquipped(Actor npc)
  sexlab.treatAsGender(npc, female)
endevent

event onUnequipped(Actor npc)
  sexlab.clearForcedGender(npc)
endevent

Most of us that mod scripts usually do so outside of the Creation Kit. I have Visual Studio Code set up to do this - there is a plugin specifically to handle Papyrus, but takes some effort to set up correctly. Others use Notepad++. There are tutorials on creationkit.com that go through how to set things up.

I am not sure whether this is my setup or not, but when Random Sex NG starts, the MCM lags a lot and occasionally cannot display its contents. Only when I stop Random Sex NG does MCM work normally.

Also, would you enable enemy NPC having fun and the player could sometimes catch them?

Would you allow talking to the NPCs involved in the act to stop having sex?

On 1/20/2023 at 4:01 PM, ButchDiavolo said:

I am having the same issues with CK, despite have all the updated fixes on Nexus installed. I also installed the SkyUI SDK files which are apparently needed for some/most LL mods, but still trying to recompile files will fail. Hopefully Arizona_ Steve has a solution... No pressure there, Steve ;)

Hey, I followed this tutorial and it works perfectly. I've managed to create and edit scripts and attach them to items through the CK via MO2.
https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/wiki/Skyrim-Creation-Kit-SE-and-MO2

On 1/20/2023 at 5:12 PM, Arizona_Steve said:

scriptname MyScript extends ObjectReference

SexLabFramework property sexlab auto
bool property female auto

event onEquipped(Actor npc)
  sexlab.treatAsGender(npc, female)
endevent

event onUnequipped(Actor npc)
  sexlab.clearForcedGender(npc)
endevent

I'm getting a laundry list of errors when I try to compile.
starting with the below, any ideas?

slActorLibrary.psc(295,25): GetWornForm is not a function or does not exist
Edited by alternateaccounts
5 hours ago, alternateaccounts said:

Hey, I followed this tutorial and it works perfectly. I've managed to create and edit scripts and attach them to items through the CK via MO2.
https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/wiki/Skyrim-Creation-Kit-SE-and-MO2

OMG, thank you! I had done all the things mentioned in the tutorial, except the ini tweak. DUH. it is always the tiny details that get you in the end, isn't it? Thanks for posting this. Now all I need it to get the willpower to mod back and I can update my mods!

21 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

OMG, thank you! I had done all the things mentioned in the tutorial, except the ini tweak. DUH. it is always the tiny details that get you in the end, isn't it? Thanks for posting this. Now all I need it to get the willpower to mod back and I can update my mods!

np, I look forward to checking out your mods :)

On 2/2/2023 at 12:51 PM, abcd99 said:

I am not sure whether this is my setup or not, but when Random Sex NG starts, the MCM lags a lot and occasionally cannot display its contents. Only when I stop Random Sex NG does MCM work normally.

Also, would you enable enemy NPC having fun and the player could sometimes catch them?

Would you allow talking to the NPCs involved in the act to stop having sex?

Interesting. When a sex act is in progress, that's SexLab running the code. Random sex is only operating each interval when it evaluates potential participants (typically microseconds taken as the code is C++ and not Papyrus), or when it is moving actors into position (this runs off AI packages and events so should have minimal impact).

Does this happen with all sex acts or those started by Random Sex?

There is nothing to stop enemy NPCs from participating in sex acts - that's why I have the calm after sex setting to allow them to wander back to wherever they came from without instantly attacking the player. If you set minimum arousal to 0 and sneak up on a bandit camp, they should start going at it with each other.

Talking to NPCs to stop should be doable, although I've never really looked at the dialog system.