Problems of Survivor Dialogue Addon

View File

This is not an ORIGINAL mod!!! It just EDITS/FIXES Dialogue!

This mod is merely a personal project of mine that is correcting a lot of the dialogue in Problems of Survivor by DSHV.

All Credit goes to them!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Permissions: 

"Do what you want with the mod." - DSHV

"Edit what I edit, I don't care!" - Me

What Does/Will This Mod Do?

Well friends, like I mentioned before, this mod will "fix" some of the dialogue contained within the mod. DSHV did a wonderful job crafting this mod, but Imma be real, some of the dialogue and grammar, is just terrible. (I say this with the utmost respect, my spelling and grammar kinda trash as well). 

So I will try and rectify that as best I can. 

Installation:

-The ESP is packed into a data folder so it should be capable of being installed via a Mod Manager (Vortex/MO2)(I use MO2)

-Or install it manually by dropping it into you data folder, and then activating it via Mod Manager, or don't I guess, idk. 

Next/Planned Update:

-Currently working on a fix to get the added sex scene working, download is in the "support" section, if you guys can play test the new file for me that would be great. 

Thanks to Zjzc for helping me find a fix, the script should be working properly in the next update!

Changelog!!!

Spoiler

V1.1.1 (The First Version)

-Fixed/Changed Private Inspection. Some examples in the pic above. Its the unmarked quest, with the inspection before entering Vault 81!

On a sidenote, I tried adding a undress script: Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItemSlot(33). If anyone knows why it doesn't wanna work let me know. 

V2.2.7 (The Second Update)

-Fixed/Changed both The Minutemen Quests: Minutewoman: The People and Minutewoman!

This was really fun to do, I think I may try my hand at adding an AAF scene while you go and meet some of The Settlers. We shall see.

V2.2.9 (Update 2.5)

-Added an additional dialogue sequence and sex scene to Minutewoman: The People. I won't spoil it, but let's just say don't say the wrong thing to the wrong Settler. 

This was  my first attempt at adding an AAF scene to my dialogue additions and addons and whatnot, I'm also getting a bit better at tweaking/adding dialogue!

V3.1.0 (Update Three)

-Added Animation tags to all the sex scenes I've worked on. This should make scenes more thematically appropriate. It should also shorten the wait for animations to start.

-First version of Grease Love is done, I'll probably go back though and make some future touches.

-The ESP should not have a version to it, it should just be POSDialogueEdits, should make updating in the future easier!

-Other minor changes

V4.1.0 (The Fourth Update)

-Fixed/changed the dialogue for Bait and The Dog Days quest.

There are still some lines I want to change and work on, also do some other QoL changes, but a lot of it is done!

V5.0.1 (First Main Story Update!)

-Fixed/Changed dialogue for the Problems of Survivor and Triumph of Justice Quests

-Thanks to Zjzc for helping me fix the file, a script was not working, and he helped fix it. (The rape scene for the sexist settler, please let me know if it still does not work!)

-Added animation tags to existing sex scenes.

-Added undress scripts during appropriate times. 

This is where I will need help playtesting, the scripts work on my end, but please let me know if they do not work on yours. Where to find undress scenes: 

(During the Private Inspection quest, during the photoshoot for The Minutewoman quest and when Maxim Dickson sends you to court before the Triumph of Justice quest)

V5.1.1 (First Brutus Update)

-Added/Fixed some dialogue for the Brutus introduction unmarked quest OmnisAmansServusEst

-Added an animation tag for a sex scene involving the City Jailer

-Tweaked some dialogue from previous quests (typos and whatnot).

This update is fairly small, but I wanted to release this for you guys, wanted a little more content in Diamond City. Let me know if you guys have any problems with this update!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/18/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Problems Of Survivor (And what it requires!)

49 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I expect you want biped slot index 3 for "body", not 33 for "possibly weapons": https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Biped_Slots

Correct, trying to unequip the BODY slot. 

I'm guessing the script might go something like "Game.GetPlayer().UnequipIndexSlot(3)? or Game.GetPlayer().UnequipBipedSlot(3)

Thanks for the assistance! 

Edited by Doctor Fate
1 minute ago, Doctor Fate said:

Correct, trying to unequip the BODY slot. 

I'm guessing the script might go something like "Game.GetPlayer().UnequipIndexSlot(3)?

Thanks for the assistance! 

Correct. Though the body slot in particular is tricky, since characters literally wear a body in that slot (either an unclothed one, or a clothed one). A less blunt script would probably check whether the item at biped slot index 3 is from one of the "skin" forms rather than clothing. Stripping routines can in fact get very complex. Here's an example from a mod I'm trying to finish getting ready to publish:

Spoiler
; Strip anything from the player that isn't protected according to
; AAF (including things flagged by Rogg's No-Strip Items Manager).
; Force exit power armor too. Don't remove nude skin nor Pip-Boy.
; Skip slots for hands/gloves, neck/collar (because so many mods use
; quest collars), rings, scalp, decapitation, slots 0-2, and any
; above 26 since they're often used for special effects. Also skip
; worn cigarettes, because smoking naked is hot. Returns the number
; of items removed (power armor also counts as one), so callers can
; check for >0 if they want to know whether this function had any
; effect.
Int Function SafeUndress() global
    Keyword[] protectedEquipmentKeywords
    If Game.IsPluginInstalled("AAF.esm") ; soft integration
        Quest AAF_MainQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as Quest
        ScriptObject AAF_MainQuestScript = AAF_MainQuest.CastAs("AAF:AAF_MainQuestScript")
        Var ProtectedEquipmentKeywordsPacked = AAF_MainQuestScript.CallFunction("GetProtectedEquipmentKeywords", new var[0])
        If (ProtectedEquipmentKeywordsPacked)
            protectedEquipmentKeywords = Utility.VarToVarArray(ProtectedEquipmentKeywordsPacked) as Keyword[]
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Int DidStrip = 0 ; this will accumulate a count of how many things we stripped
    Actor Player = Game.GetPlayer()
    If Player.IsInPowerArmor()
        Player.SwitchToPowerArmor(None)
        DidStrip += 1
    EndIf
    Form[] SkipArmors = new Form[0]
    SkipArmors.Add(None) ; when nothing is worn in a slot
    SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000D64, "Fallout4.esm")) ; SkinNaked
    SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00017AD1, "Fallout4.esm")) ; SkinRaider
    SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00021B3B, "Fallout4.esm")) ; PipBoy
    If Game.IsPluginInstalled("LightUp2.0.esp") ; soft integration
        SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000FA7, "LightUp2.0.esp")) ; A_LitCigarette
    EndIf
    Int[] SkipSlots = new Int[0]
    SkipSlots.Add(4) ; left hand
    SkipSlots.Add(5) ; right hand
    SkipSlots.Add(20) ; neck/collar
    SkipSlots.Add(21) ; ring
    SkipSlots.Add(22) ; scalp
    SkipSlots.Add(23) ; decapitation
    Int slot = 3 ; start with the body slot skipping hair/face
    While (slot < 27) ; slots above 26 are often used for effects
        Form clothesItem = Player.GetWornItem(slot).Item
        If SkipSlots.Find(slot) < 0 && SkipArmors.Find(clothesItem) < 0
            int i = 0
            Bool isValid = True
            While i < protectedEquipmentKeywords.Length && isValid
                If clothesItem.HasKeyword(protectedEquipmentKeywords[i])
                    isValid = False
                EndIf
                i += 1
            EndWhile
            If isValid
                Player.UnequipItemSlot(slot)
                DidStrip += 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
        slot += 1
    EndWhile
    Return DidStrip
EndFunction

29 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Correct. Though the body slot in particular is tricky, since characters literally wear a body in that slot (either an unclothed one, or a clothed one). A less blunt script would probably check whether the item at biped slot index 3 is from one of the "skin" forms rather than clothing. Stripping routines can in fact get very complex. Here's an example from a mod I'm trying to finish getting ready to publish:

Hide contents
; Strip anything from the player that isn't protected according to
; AAF (including things flagged by Rogg's No-Strip Items Manager).
; Force exit power armor too. Don't remove nude skin nor Pip-Boy.
; Skip slots for hands/gloves, neck/collar (because so many mods use
; quest collars), rings, scalp, decapitation, slots 0-2, and any
; above 26 since they're often used for special effects. Also skip
; worn cigarettes, because smoking naked is hot. Returns the number
; of items removed (power armor also counts as one), so callers can
; check for >0 if they want to know whether this function had any
; effect.
Int Function SafeUndress() global
    Keyword[] protectedEquipmentKeywords
    If Game.IsPluginInstalled("AAF.esm") ; soft integration
        Quest AAF_MainQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as Quest
        ScriptObject AAF_MainQuestScript = AAF_MainQuest.CastAs("AAF:AAF_MainQuestScript")
        Var ProtectedEquipmentKeywordsPacked = AAF_MainQuestScript.CallFunction("GetProtectedEquipmentKeywords", new var[0])
        If (ProtectedEquipmentKeywordsPacked)
            protectedEquipmentKeywords = Utility.VarToVarArray(ProtectedEquipmentKeywordsPacked) as Keyword[]
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Int DidStrip = 0 ; this will accumulate a count of how many things we stripped
    Actor Player = Game.GetPlayer()
    If Player.IsInPowerArmor()
        Player.SwitchToPowerArmor(None)
        DidStrip += 1
    EndIf
    Form[] SkipArmors = new Form[0]
    SkipArmors.Add(None) ; when nothing is worn in a slot
    SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000D64, "Fallout4.esm")) ; SkinNaked
    SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00017AD1, "Fallout4.esm")) ; SkinRaider
    SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00021B3B, "Fallout4.esm")) ; PipBoy
    If Game.IsPluginInstalled("LightUp2.0.esp") ; soft integration
        SkipArmors.Add(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000FA7, "LightUp2.0.esp")) ; A_LitCigarette
    EndIf
    Int[] SkipSlots = new Int[0]
    SkipSlots.Add(4) ; left hand
    SkipSlots.Add(5) ; right hand
    SkipSlots.Add(20) ; neck/collar
    SkipSlots.Add(21) ; ring
    SkipSlots.Add(22) ; scalp
    SkipSlots.Add(23) ; decapitation
    Int slot = 3 ; start with the body slot skipping hair/face
    While (slot < 27) ; slots above 26 are often used for effects
        Form clothesItem = Player.GetWornItem(slot).Item
        If SkipSlots.Find(slot) < 0 && SkipArmors.Find(clothesItem) < 0
            int i = 0
            Bool isValid = True
            While i < protectedEquipmentKeywords.Length && isValid
                If clothesItem.HasKeyword(protectedEquipmentKeywords[i])
                    isValid = False
                EndIf
                i += 1
            EndWhile
            If isValid
                Player.UnequipItemSlot(slot)
                DidStrip += 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
        slot += 1
    EndWhile
    Return DidStrip
EndFunction

Dang. Thats impressive. Far more complex then something I know how to do. 

I'll keep experimenting, see if I can get something basic to work! If not, not a huge deal.

One problem of POS is some dialogues are really just nasty but ignoring the lore. You need to head cannon to let what happening like really happened.

Hope you can make a change to let pos become more realistic and more lore. Some part of the pos is really good espically the idea of an alive boss( maxim dickson) take advantage on the sole survior after 200 years.

12 hours ago, stin2pig said:

One problem of POS is some dialogues are really just nasty but ignoring the lore. You need to head cannon to let what happening like really happened.

Hope you can make a change to let pos become more realistic and more lore. Some part of the pos is really good espically the idea of an alive boss( maxim dickson) take advantage on the sole survior after 200 years.

I'll do my best, that was a bit of the idea when I decided to edit some dialogue. Some it felt too "goofy" or out of place. Don't get me wrong, my dialogue will most likely have humor here and there, but I also want to do what the mod says it thematically does, and that makes the world of Fallout a bit more sexist and whatnot. 

If you have some specific dialogue's you'd like me to take a look at, just let me know what quest/NPC they belong too. 

Can we get a standard plugin name without the versioning on the .esp going forward?  Just makes it easier for updating and is probably a good practice in general I would guess.  Thanks for the work though, I'm in full agreement, great mod, sometimes not so great dialogue, so I'm excited to try your edits.

15 hours ago, RileyAP said:

Can we get a standard plugin name without the versioning on the .esp going forward?  Just makes it easier for updating and is probably a good practice in general I would guess.  Thanks for the work though, I'm in full agreement, great mod, sometimes not so great dialogue, so I'm excited to try your edits.

So instead of "POSDialogueEditsVX.X.X" you would just prefer "POSDialogueEdits". 

Glad to hear the compliments though, I should be putting out updates fairly frequently!

8 hours ago, Doctor Fate said:

So instead of "POSDialogueEditsVX.X.X" you would just prefer "POSDialogueEdits". 

Yes, then when you issue an update, unless it's an update that requires a new game, it just plays nicer.  It's not a game killer though, I just need to remember to move the new name one up to the right spot below PoS in my load order. 

In MO2 if you active a new plugin below the old one, it will "overwrite" it in the virtual file system when you load the game.  The you just uncheck the old version and the new one takes the same spot in the load order.  If the name changes it loads at the bottom of the entire load order and you need to move it into the right spot. 

Once again not game breaking, but from what I've seen, most mods pick a plugin name and don't change it each version. So since this is your first mod(1 more than me!!) I thought I'd give that direction from what I've seen from other authors on here.

Edited by RileyAP
12 hours ago, RileyAP said:

In MO2 if you active a new plugin below the old one, it will "overwrite" it in the virtual file system when you load the game.  The you just uncheck the old version and the new one takes the same spot in the load order.  If the name changes it loads at the bottom of the entire load order and you need to move it into the right spot. 

Similar situation with load order management in Vortex: if you set up relative ordering between plugins or group plugins together, it remembers that information even if you replace the plugin, as long as the plugin name remains the same. If the plugin name changes, then you need to redo all your load order fiddling for that one.

Your edits are magic! I can't express how smooth the quests feel now. Many many thanks!

A minor bug: the minutewoman: people scene you added doesn't start when I tried it (nothing happens to AAF). Can you share the way you called for AAF scene?

2 hours ago, zjzc said:

Your edits are magic! I can't express how smooth the quests feel now. Many many thanks!

A minor bug: the minutewoman: people scene you added doesn't start when I tried it (nothing happens to AAF). Can you share the way you called for AAF scene?

Sadly when I speak to the settler, AAF gets called upon and the animation/script runs fine. 

Regardless here is the script: 

Spoiler

AAF:AAF_API AAF_API

AAF_API = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as AAF:AAF_API

Actor[] actors = new Actor[2]
    actors[0] = game.GetPlayer()
    actors[1] =  akSpeaker
    AAF:AAF_API:SceneSettings settings = AAF_API.GetSceneSettings()
    settings.includeTags = "Aggressive,Rough,Bound"

AAF_API.StartScene(actors, settings)

I presume you picked the correct dialogue choices to get the scene but in the case you did not, you need to pick: 

Spoiler

Player: "You sexist asshole, don't come crying to me when you need your ass saved!"

Settler: "Actually...you know what little girl, I changed my mind, get the fuck over here and spread your fucking legs!" [The man takes a couple steps forward]...

Player: "Leave me alone asshole, stay away from me! I'll..."

It seems the game cannot find the chunk of the script...?

This is from my papyrus.log:

"Cannot open store for class "Fragments:TopicInfos:TIF_AAAMinutewomanPeople_04006ACE", missing file?"

This is the only record created at the scene, no other logs wrote down anything at the time, including AAFlog and ll_fourplay.log. This suggests the game does not know where the script is, and never called aaf as the result.

Tested with v4.1.0.

Hope it helps!

1 hour ago, The Spectre said:

Let me know if you find anything!

Did a quick investigation, I think you forgot to pack the topicinfo script "TIF_AAAMinutewomanPeople_04006ACE.pex".

This script should be in your Data\Scripts\Fragments\TopicInfos. If you have this file in this location, it means you left it out of the package. If it's not in your folder, then it means my guess is wrong...

21 hours ago, zjzc said:

Did a quick investigation, I think you forgot to pack the topicinfo script "TIF_AAAMinutewomanPeople_04006ACE.pex".

This script should be in your Data\Scripts\Fragments\TopicInfos. If you have this file in this location, it means you left it out of the package. If it's not in your folder, then it means my guess is wrong...

Try this...If it does not work I don't enough about packaging scripts for others to use I suppose... (There are a couple other things I can try, but can you see if this works?)

POSDialogueEditsV4.1.0 Fixed.zip

Edited by The Spectre
34 minutes ago, The Spectre said:

Try this...If it does not work I don't enough about packaging scripts for others to use I suppose... (There are a couple other things I can try, but can you see if this works?)

POSDialogueEditsV4.1.0 Fixed.zip 34.23 kB · 1 download

If this one does not work, try this file.

POSDialogueEditsV4.1.0 Fixed 2.zip

11 hours ago, The Spectre said:

If this one does not work, try this file.

POSDialogueEditsV4.1.0 Fixed 2.zip 34.25 kB · 3 downloads

I needed to rename your "main.ba2" to "POSDialogueEdits - Main.ba2", then it works perfectly.

The reason is bethasda games don't extract any .ba2 or .bsa files not named after the esp files. The ba2 files have to be named "POSDialogueEdits - Main.ba2", "POSDialogueEdits - Textures.ba2", "POSDialogueEdits - Meshes.ba2", etc.

Check out this tutorial if interested:

2 hours ago, zjzc said:

I needed to rename your "main.ba2" to "POSDialogueEdits - Main.ba2", then it works perfectly.

The reason is bethasda games don't extract any .ba2 or .bsa files not named after the esp files. The ba2 files have to be named "POSDialogueEdits - Main.ba2", "POSDialogueEdits - Textures.ba2", "POSDialogueEdits - Meshes.ba2", etc.

Check out this tutorial if interested:

Amazing glad it worked after you tweaked it a bit.

Thank you for the assist. I'll push the fix in the next update!

New file should be with your fix. 

POSDialogueEditsV4.1.0 FIXED Final.zip

Edited by The Spectre

Ran into a slight hick-up using version 5.0.1,  Talking to Nuker  in the Slog.

when you first talk to him one of the conversation options is "Mind if I ask you a few things ?"

and this gives you the four options,

1)  What's your story ?

2)  What's with the name ?

3)  You lived before the war ?

4)  Why are you here ?

Asking any of these, and in any order put me into a conversation loop, with each question leading

back to these four options with no way to exit the conversation.

The only way to escape the loop was to load an earler save,  this maybe a glitch at my end but all the

other conversation option appear to work fine, so just thought I would pass this on incase anyone else

runs into the problem, otherwise great