Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

4 hours ago, Caxapo4ek said:

Hi, everyone!

Help me, please

My male PC using female idle animation.

Reveal hidden contents

20240308115121_1.jpg.59081c779de760be4bc77e10fc7ffd4e.jpg

I do not understand.

i Installed every animation mod from the list, same loadorder

run FNIS (Nemesis off) with tick "gender specific animation",

create fnis output,

off Fnis,

run Nemesis and create nemesis output which overrited fnis output.

I'm trying playing without fnis output - idle animation do not change

One of the character animation packs, Body Language, has several animations set up to apply to both male and female.  On the Nexus mod page it suggests how to remove the more feminine animations from male characters.  For myself, I just opted to remove, as I recall getting several "A" poses when I had that mod installed.

So no error on your end, it's just how that mod is set up.

12 hours ago, Bigglsby said:

One of the character animation packs, Body Language, has several animations set up to apply to both male and female.  On the Nexus mod page it suggests how to remove the more feminine animations from male characters.  For myself, I just opted to remove, as I recall getting several "A" poses when I had that mod installed.

So no error on your end, it's just how that mod is set up.

Oh, thank you, thank you respectfully!
I'm trying solve this problem 3 or 4 days

On 3/8/2024 at 4:08 AM, Hunter136 said:

2. The compass navigation overhaul crashes the game, any idea whats wrong?

It hasn't been updated for 1130/1170 yet. Theres a post somewhere (reddit I think) that has a fix, but its not a critical mod that other mods require, so you can just disable compass navigation overhaul (and infinity UI) and you should be good.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:08 AM, Hunter136 said:

3. I keep hearing that Bethesda fucked with the game again (Which is funny, because thats why I didn't start modding SE when Anniversary came out, so fun timing on my end I guess.) What was it they did this time, since I"m lost on all the discourse over things.

Great timing on your side.
Ths time Bethesda changed thier mod store. They took out the old Creation Club store, and replaced it with the new one. That was 1.6.1130. And just as everyone got thier mods updated for that, they released 1.6.1170, to fix some bugs they introduced in 1130, breaking a bunch of mods again. On the plus side, Bethesda shouldn't need to release a mod breaking update whenever they add something new to the store (as used to happen in the old store). They also changed ESL format, which increase the number of ESL flagged ESPs that can be loaded, but results in ESLifyed mods made for/in 1130/1170 don't work in 640 or earlier without another mod adding compatibility.

Well, I wonder if this might work. To clarify, I have two hard drives: 1 SSD and 1 not. I have previously moved Skyrim and the mods into the standard one in order to escape the tyranny of the Program Files without need to rewrite Steam library programs (I am lazy). I use that as a type of reserve to test mods and that requires me to play Skyrim via the non-SSD harddrive. Can I potentially use that to create a Wyre Bash patch and apply it back to my program files or would the patch become impossible to use once moved into Program Files setting?

1 hour ago, HarvestBrains said:

Well, I wonder if this might work. To clarify, I have two hard drives: 1 SSD and 1 not. I have previously moved Skyrim and the mods into the standard one in order to escape the tyranny of the Program Files without need to rewrite Steam library programs (I am lazy). I use that as a type of reserve to test mods and that requires me to play Skyrim via the non-SSD harddrive. Can I potentially use that to create a Wyre Bash patch and apply it back to my program files or would the patch become impossible to use once moved into Program Files setting?

You could put skyrim om your ssd but create an new folder outside of program files that would keep things separate. And that would allow for the speed of the ssd vs. the hdd all depending on the space you have available. I don't that creating a patch would work between drives.

Edited by KCOLL
50 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

You could put skyrim om your ssd but create an new folder outside of program files that would keep things separate. And that would allow for the speed of the ssd vs. the hdd all depending on the space you have available. I don't that creating a patch would work between drives.

Forgive me, why would Wrye Bash being used on different hard drivers, even an SSD vs a hard disk drive, cause such an issue so long as the patch is the same? Some sort of configuration of Wrye Bash not being able to have patches work on Program Files folders?

5 hours ago, HarvestBrains said:

Can I potentially use that to create a Wyre Bash patch and apply it back to my program files

As long as the enabled mods from both your skyrim installs are the same and in the same order, it shouldn't be a problem to use wyre bash on the second copy to create an ESP you can put into the first one (recommend you add the bash patch to the 😄 drive version bia MO2 - create empty mod and put the bashed patch esp into that.

5 hours ago, HarvestBrains said:

I am lazy

Hey, snap! Fortunately Steam has you covered. Quit steam (including the systray icon), go into C:\Program Files, find the Steam folder, right-click, slect Cut. now go to some other place where you want steam (say, C;\ or C:\Games or some other subdirectory), right click and select Paste. Go into the steam folder, run Steam.exe. You might want to update any shortcuts pointing to steam, but any game shortcuts should be fine. This works between drives (like C:\ to D:\)
I haven't installed steam in years, because I just copypaste steam between computers.

9 minutes ago, misterpipes said:

As long as the enabled mods from both your skyrim installs are the same and in the same order, it shouldn't be a problem to use wyre bash on the second copy to create an ESP you can put into the first one (recommend you add the bash patch to the 😄 drive version bia MO2 - create empty mod and put the bashed patch esp into that.

Hey, snap! Fortunately Steam has you covered. Quit steam (including the systray icon), go into C:\Program Files, find the Steam folder, right-click, slect Cut. now go to some other place where you want steam (say, C;\ or C:\Games or some other subdirectory), right click and select Paste. Go into the steam folder, run Steam.exe. You might want to update any shortcuts pointing to steam, but any game shortcuts should be fine. This works between drives (like C:\ to D:\)
I haven't installed steam in years, because I just copypaste steam between computers.

You should be able to go into steam and tell it to move the game to a different drive, and steam will do the rest.  Off hand I can not remember how you do it, but it can be done.

That'd be Steam-> Settings -> Storage, and add a new library (if you only have one), then Library -> (the game you want to move) -> Properties -> Installed Files -> Move install folder. But Steam only allows one library per drive, so if you want to move it to the same drive steam is on, you have to clear out the existing library, delete that library, then create a new one, and I can't remember if steam will allow you to delete the library steam is installed in.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:08 PM, Hunter136 said:

So I just completed the Foundation list and I have a few questions.

1. Is Parallax actually a hard requirement? As I understand it it makes things look 3d or something, I saw it was an option for some mods, and a requirement for a snow one, but I didn't see it anywhere else by itself on the load order.

2. The compass navigation overhaul crashes the game, any idea whats wrong?

3. I keep hearing that Bethesda fucked with the game again (Which is funny, because thats why I didn't start modding SE when Anniversary came out, so fun timing on my end I guess.) What was it they did this time, since I"m lost on all the discourse over things.

Don't think anybody answered your second question, but the answer is related to your third question. Since the 1.6.1130 update, Infinity UI hasn't been updated. That also means you won't be able to use Compass Navigation Overhaul. It isn't a hard requirement for the list, though.

10 hours ago, misterpipes said:

That'd be Steam-> Settings -> Storage, and add a new library (if you only have one), then Library -> (the game you want to move) -> Properties -> Installed Files -> Move install folder. But Steam only allows one library per drive, so if you want to move it to the same drive steam is on, you have to clear out the existing library, delete that library, then create a new one, and I can't remember if steam will allow you to delete the library steam is installed in.

Never really noticed the one steam library per drive, but that does make sense, I have run multiple hd in every PC I have had for the past hmm, 10 years or so, and that ability to have extra libraries was only available on my last pc and this one, my previous pc had 5 hd, 1 solid state and 4 sata, my current one has two solid state, and four sata.

1 hour ago, ritalmao said:

ahh shit this is outdated af

From what we know, the mod list curator/author has taken a long hiatus and we don't know when she will return. At least that's what we are assuming happened based on the knowledge we have. She didn't say she was leaving and just kind of vanished.

Edited by LogTM
1 hour ago, LogTM said:

From what we know, the mod list curator/author has taken a long hiatus and we don't know when she will return. At least that's what we are assuming happened based on the knowledge we have. She didn't say she was leaving and just kind of vanished.

well someone else has to make a new and up to date guide then quite obviously

On 3/9/2024 at 9:06 PM, misterpipes said:

I do appreciate the answer in regards to Wyre Bash. It has a good bit of utility to it. So far, it seems to have worked as expected.

As for changing folders, I am quite aware of the process and I do thank you for taking the time to detail it. However, I generally avoided changing it in my SSD due to my concerns over it exceeding my data storage threshold during the move. Which was stupid of me. Now, I am just use my HDD to run tests on modding software. It got me into a habit which I might be well advised to stop at some point.

23 hours ago, ritalmao said:

well someone else has to make a new and up to date guide then quite obviously

A lot of the posts made by wollboi  cover the core problems that can be faced. He has done a pretty great job testing things and has advised a good number of workarounds for apparent problems. My advice is to remember that the current game version is 1.6.1170 when using installers and don't stress over missing mods like "Slaughterfish Eggs are Fish Eggs". Though don't overlook mods if you want things to work which impact things like physics. A greater part of the mods are quality of life improvements, tweaking the graphics, fixing bugs, ensuring that Eldritch horrors don't over this reality, providing better UI for players, and making Skyrim more fun to play.

May be someone knows why fight animations so slow for npc?

Spoiler

Not every npc, i noticed its happened with followers and his opponent in fight. Never happend to PC
I swaped sexlab mods from guide to Ostim mods
Other animations mods not used
In OAR log showing some animations stage with a lot timing:

Spoiler

17102691461391.png.0c5a1ab82100ed643db0e3f90ca9be96.png17102691461380.png.64372b245d293b939348596c2a7716b8.png

On 3/10/2024 at 6:18 PM, ritalmao said:

ahh shit this is outdated af

I don't know, besides the compass thing, the list is doing fine for me so far.

Maybe I'll run into issues soon, but until then it's more or less working as presented.

For those worrying about the list becoming out of date, don't. The majority of this list will work just fine as written. The only real problem mods are those that depend on a specific SKSE version, or those that depend on a specific version of a mod that is no longer available. Those are few and far between, and most of them have been updated.
You might run into updated mods that have had thier options changed, so might need to use your judgement for those, or ask in this thread.

See, the thing about Skyrim is that its, for the most part, its backwards compatible for most (well-designed) mods. Mods don't get old, they don't come with a best before date, they really only get superceded by new mods.

Outdated ? It has been  updated threw the comments by the author until about a month ago and she had every intention of continuing. But I'm sure its just real life requiring her attention else where for a period of time. She shall return down the grand staircase in a beam of golden sunlight! I wonder what armor she will be wearing?

Edited by KCOLL

Didn't mean to imply it was you saying that it is outdated. My point was the list is updated with contributors adding comments about what works, problems solved threw their own testing and fixing. By no means is this load order dead.