Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

2 hours ago, Miss Tee said:

I don't know if I answered you.  I'm just tired of it.  This was more than boys being boys and had one instance of really BAD and scary.  

Regarding your comment on Ostim, I'm adding a perspective on Ostim that I read this morning.  The mod Flower Girls will be the example.  I've never used that mod but it seems to be a mod where you hire a prostitute.  The discussion referenced FG and that when you start a scene, it does what Sexlab does.  Straight into the sex animation. With Ostim, if you have an approach mod (O Romance is close to that) or simply want to start a scene, you hit the start button and both characters enter a romantic idle.  They stay in that idle until you tell it what to do.  Kiss, hold hands, other things.  Go one way, back up, go another way.  When I was testing it, I didn't really sense what was going on but it did change my thinking in a scene.  Like looking at your partner before starting something.  Maybe that was part of the difference I was trying to describe.  

If you didn't read already, Alt Perspective is now a past perspective.  I lost it and stripped my mod list of anything that started with ALT.  I loaded your wonderfully suggested mod.  As you stated, I am a creature of habit and eventually all I did was walk out of the inn into Helgen and start playing.  Any thought of the randomness completely gone.  TY

Apropos???? I thought that was an old LE mod that didn't work.  If you know otherwise, I would appreciate you sharing.  

FYI - There is a new release of a FG type mod for Ostim.  I need to learn more before really undestanding it.  Called Ostim on Demand.  It seems to be like SL mods though in how it starts.  Jumps right into the sex without the initial idle.  UHH, why bother then -  was my first thought.  SL has 20 or 30 mods that do that.  

I've *almost* tried Flower Girls because it was part of a Nexus "Collection" where the author was into lots of sexy additions to Skyrim, but didn't really care about the sex too much so didn't want to go into trying to setup Ostim or Sexlab. I say 'almost' because I downloaded and setup the Collection but it had so many mods that clashed with my playstyle I ended up abandoning it really quick. That was when I came back here and decided I was going to setup my own mods like I used to, basing it on Aylis' list but not following it completely.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Skyrim Unbound... I think some may not like it because it gives you absolutely no background or reason for why you end up somewhere, but I personally enjoy just creating that in my own head just based on the randomness of where I end up. At least I like it for right now. :)

It was just mentioned by misterpipes, but yes Apropos 2 works for Skyrim SE / AE just fine. In fact there have been a couple modders who overhauled the descriptions and databases (One such is here and links to yet another one). I also have spent A LOT of time editing these descriptions to my own tastes which of course goes a long way towards making me feel something when they appear in-game. I absolutely would not enjoy sexy stuff in my game nearly as much without Apropos.

Edited by Ashra XIII

Sharing some information... 

Most of us or rather some of use use FNIS with Nemesis.  The new engine out there is Pandora.  It is being continuously worked on.  Not new information but it was updated 2 days ago.  Avid gamers that have used both say it works for any animation so no need for the creature animation concern.  Simply an FYI in case you want to monitor its progress.  Still in Alpha and the author is known and extremely knowledgeable.  https://github.com/Monitor144hz/Pandora-Behaviour-Engine-Plus/releases/tag/v1.1.8-alpha

VersuchiDrei (Ostim SA Author) has built a SL Mega Pack containing all the SL animations that have been converted to work with Ostim Standalone.  Big, little guy (joke), M, F, basically any human animation.  I will keep track as it seems to be Patreon only for now.  In case you don't like loading 10 separate animation packs. I think this is the future.  Moons animations and this pack.  All you will need.

Quick comment on a recently updated Ostim Mod:

Ostim on Demand - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/103685

I spoke with an experienced Ostim user who tested Ostim on Demand with a basic Ostim modlist similar to the one posted here.  Ostim on Demand I believe you can call a true approach mod.  Think SL Approach but not for harassment in any way.  It is dialogue heavy meaning there are many options and they are focused on "getting together".  Slow or fast.  I most likely won't test it right now but the mod page should give you a good idea.  I've used SL Approach and HH for a long time.  I love when the game comes to me instead of me going to the game to initiate something.  Os on Demand - Think Flower Girls with a twist.  Standard game NPCs instead of mod added and sometimes they come to you to initiate.

Edited by Miss Tee
12 hours ago, Miss Tee said:

Quick comment on a recently updated Ostim Mod:

Ostim on Demand - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/103685

I spoke with an experienced Ostim user who tested Ostim on Demand with a basic Ostim modlist similar to the one posted here.  Ostim on Demand I believe you can call a true approach mod.  Think SL Approach but not for harassment in any way.  It is dialogue heavy meaning there are many options and they are focused on "getting together".  Slow or fast.  I most likely won't test it right now but the mod page should give you a good idea.  I've used SL Approach and HH for a long time.  I love when the game comes to me instead of me going to the game to initiate something.  Os on Demand - Think Flower Girls with a twist.  Standard game NPCs instead of mod added and sometimes they come to you to initiate.

I am a real slut for dialogue so this seems pretty great!

Meanwhile, my Skyrim has crumbled apart and I did the worse thing I think I could have done... started reading Papyrus logs. 😭

59 minutes ago, Ashra XIII said:

I am a real slut for dialogue so this seems pretty great!

Meanwhile, my Skyrim has crumbled apart and I did the worse thing I think I could have done... started reading Papyrus logs. 😭

I am so sorry to hear that.  Mine is broken as well.  I updated some mods against my own advice, added a few and crash on start.  SOOOOOOOOOO,  Slow process to find the culprit.  Good luck with your game.  I love your comment though, made me smile in the midst of the mind numbing search process.  I don't know how to read Papyrus logs so at least I am spared that confusion.  

5 hours ago, Miss Tee said:

I am so sorry to hear that.  Mine is broken as well.  I updated some mods against my own advice, added a few and crash on start.  SOOOOOOOOOO,  Slow process to find the culprit.  Good luck with your game.  I love your comment though, made me smile in the midst of the mind numbing search process.  I don't know how to read Papyrus logs so at least I am spared that confusion.  

I don't really know how to read them either... mostly it's about looking for mods that are spamming errors so much that they are causing the stack to freeze, which then means other mods can't properly update. In my case the needs mod I use, Last Seed, stopped working in that my hunger and thirst would increase but eating and drinking didn't do anything.

I still don't even know what was the real cause of the problem but, when starting a new game to troubleshoot, I did figure out I don't actually seem to need Nemesis. 🤔I've been running it alongside FNIS for so long because a lot of animation mods used to need it before DAR/OAR, but now? I think only TK Dodge required it (which I found myself rarely using) because after disabling it in the new start I had no issues with animations. 

But what's now driving me crazy is that I do seem to have settled the stack freezing, but the mods (like Sexlab, SLACS, etc) that are still there are also SO SPAMMY that it's hard to tell if something's wrong with them. Errors are part of the scripts because they scan for things being present which may not be, but Sexlab for example constantly seems to be looking for SLSO and I can't imagine why it needs to do that repeatedly in a sex scene unless something is set wrong in my game. 😖

It makes me crazy.

On 2/27/2024 at 4:07 PM, Miss Tee said:

The new engine out there is Pandora.

I've been keeping an eye on this. Currently it doesn't work for a couple of mods in my load order, one of which is a pretty much a requirement. But both those mods are probably going to be worked on soon, hopefully. But not soon enough for my next game (2 weeks leave coming up, and nothing else to do).

Sadly I'm going to have drop oStim for the next game as well, because Nemesis.
I spent 5 hours debuging why Nemesis was throwing up errors, ended up witth a succesful run after having to disable several SLAL packs. Finally got it to complete. Tested in game, som e creatures t-posing. So check if theres anything overwriting skeletons. Nope. Rebuild FNIS, rebuild Nemesis and it fails. I have literally made no changes to the modlist at all. F*@!ing Nemesis. Had to disable even more SLAL packs to get it to work. Useless software. That was it's last chance, its gone forever now. I do get my SLAL packs back in my modlist, but sadly have to drop oStim until Pandora is ready.

38 minutes ago, misterpipes said:

I've been keeping an eye on this. Currently it doesn't work for a couple of mods in my load order, one of which is a pretty much a requirement. But both those mods are probably going to be worked on soon, hopefully. But not soon enough for my next game (2 weeks leave coming up, and nothing else to do).

Sadly I'm going to have drop oStim for the next game as well, because Nemesis.
I spent 5 hours debuging why Nemesis was throwing up errors, ended up witth a succesful run after having to disable several SLAL packs. Finally got it to complete. Tested in game, som e creatures t-posing. So check if theres anything overwriting skeletons. Nope. Rebuild FNIS, rebuild Nemesis and it fails. I have literally made no changes to the modlist at all. F*@!ing Nemesis. Had to disable even more SLAL packs to get it to work. Useless software. That was it's last chance, its gone forever now. I do get my SLAL packs back in my modlist, but sadly have to drop oStim until Pandora is ready.

I'm sorry to hear but we all are limited to the basic animations programs for now.  I did notice in my recent restart/mod update after the Alternate Perspective emotional meltdown that Nemesis was being stubborn. 

For myself, I updated a few mods and now the game won't start.  In vortex, I could easily see what mods were loaded last and disable them one by one.  M02 does show what I downloaded from Nexus last but not LL so It's a memory game.  And M02 is not showing missing masters.  Crash logger says there is but Bash and M02 don't say anything.

I am noticing that some mods I loaded/tried have been updated to the more recent game versions.  An armor mod and an SPID mod prevented my recent Ostim test load from starting.  Both had been updated.  Removed them and the game was fine.  I'm sure I have something similar going on now.   

General tip for the ladies out there:  For the love of all things sexy, DO NOT MOD  or MAKE MOD DECISIONS WHEN YOU ARE EXPERIENCING HIEGHTENED EMOTIONS.

I am at that point of disabling all mods and loading in small groups to find the culprit.  You will know when I find it.  Or Rather hear a load pitched scream from seemingly nowhere.

4 hours ago, Ashra XIII said:

I don't really know how to read them either... mostly it's about looking for mods that are spamming errors so much that they are causing the stack to freeze, which then means other mods can't properly update. In my case the needs mod I use, Last Seed, stopped working in that my hunger and thirst would increase but eating and drinking didn't do anything.

I still don't even know what was the real cause of the problem but, when starting a new game to troubleshoot, I did figure out I don't actually seem to need Nemesis. 🤔I've been running it alongside FNIS for so long because a lot of animation mods used to need it before DAR/OAR, but now? I think only TK Dodge required it (which I found myself rarely using) because after disabling it in the new start I had no issues with animations. 

But what's now driving me crazy is that I do seem to have settled the stack freezing, but the mods (like Sexlab, SLACS, etc) that are still there are also SO SPAMMY that it's hard to tell if something's wrong with them. Errors are part of the scripts because they scan for things being present which may not be, but Sexlab for example constantly seems to be looking for SLSO and I can't imagine why it needs to do that repeatedly in a sex scene unless something is set wrong in my game. 😖

It makes me crazy.

I went through the papyrus stack freeze issue.  My solution is rather simple, remove any mod that causes it.  A modder friend gave me some "ini" suggestions but in the end, the solution was mod removal.  I did remove SLSO after about a year of being a devotee.  Just not enough there to justify the aftermath.  For me.  

NOTE:  ND will show a very active papyrus script.  This appears to be by design as it has so many things going on.  I have not had any lag from ND though.  

Good luck on finding your balance.  What we all seek.  Enough, but not too much.  

Final Comment:  Was talking to an animation creator.  She no longer uses  Sexlab.  She creates for Ostim and only uses Ostim.  A past lover of all things Sexlab however.  When I told her my Sexlab mod list she said that I will never have a stable game and that eventually, you will have to restart.  I think we all know the cost of using Sexlab mods.  I don't expect a 4 month game where I reach level 150.  I do expect to love each game moment.  Each interaction.  And to feel alive when I play.  Why I  use the mods I do.

(hugs to all)

54 minutes ago, Miss Tee said:

I went through the papyrus stack freeze issue.  My solution is rather simple, remove any mod that causes it.  A modder friend gave me some "ini" suggestions but in the end, the solution was mod removal.  I did remove SLSO after about a year of being a devotee.  Just not enough there to justify the aftermath.  For me.  

NOTE:  ND will show a very active papyrus script.  This appears to be by design as it has so many things going on.  I have not had any lag from ND though.  

Good luck on finding your balance.  What we all seek.  Enough, but not too much.  

Final Comment:  Was talking to an animation creator.  She no longer uses  Sexlab.  She creates for Ostim and only uses Ostim.  A past lover of all things Sexlab however.  When I told her my Sexlab mod list she said that I will never have a stable game and that eventually, you will have to restart.  I think we all know the cost of using Sexlab mods.  I don't expect a 4 month game where I reach level 150.  I do expect to love each game moment.  Each interaction.  And to feel alive when I play.  Why I  use the mods I do.

(hugs to all)

The crazy thing is that I haven't used SLSO in.... easily years, but somehow Sexlab seems to be looking for it. I do have 'separate orgasms' checked in Sexlab but that's not supposed to reference SLSO... it's a Sexlab thing specifically that SLSO expands upon right? Maybe Sexlab now looks for SLSO when that is checked for better compatibility and if so, disabling that option might help just a little with the spam although Sexlab does have lots of other crazy scripts that look for things and assign temporary variables which I cannot even begin to understand.

Making emotional mod decisions has caused me many great regrets lemme tell you, to the point I was at recently where I had no mod setup at all and couldn't bear the thought of re-creating one which lead me to try Nexus Collections for a bit. I'm glad that I've gotten back to my own list now even if I'm struggling with some issues, but what you said is definitely right: The best solution to Papyrus issues is to start cutting mods which I did do a bit but am prolly going to have to do a bit more. Sadly I think my next cut is going to be the SL fame mod, which  does seem to be working, but also does a lot of scanning.

The other mod that's really making me crazy is the XPSME skeleton mod... it was a big spammer in my previous play-through which, as I found out from some digging, is something it's known to do with Nemesis. Now with my current game I don't even have Nemesis installed at all but XPSME is still making calls for Nemesis all the time! It's really hard to say what's true with this mod since it's finally being updated again and so the incompatibilities which were addressed with 'script fixes' may not even be true. I'm also in the tenuous position of not being on the latest version of Skyrim of course, so those updates may be somewhat incompatible with my game which means I might do better by rolling back. 

Ow my head. 🥵

3 minutes ago, Ashra XIII said:

The crazy thing is that I haven't used SLSO in.... easily years, but somehow Sexlab seems to be looking for it. I do have 'separate orgasms' checked in Sexlab but that's not supposed to reference SLSO... it's a Sexlab thing specifically that SLSO expands upon right? Maybe Sexlab now looks for SLSO when that is checked for better compatibility and if so, disabling that option might help just a little with the spam although Sexlab does have lots of other crazy scripts that look for things and assign temporary variables which I cannot even begin to understand.

Making emotional mod decisions has caused me many great regrets lemme tell you, to the point I was at recently where I had no mod setup at all and couldn't bear the thought of re-creating one which lead me to try Nexus Collections for a bit. I'm glad that I've gotten back to my own list now even if I'm struggling with some issues, but what you said is definitely right: The best solution to Papyrus issues is to start cutting mods which I did do a bit but am prolly going to have to do a bit more. Sadly I think my next cut is going to be the SL fame mod, which  does seem to be working, but also does a lot of scanning.

The other mod that's really making me crazy is the XPSME skeleton mod... it was a big spammer in my previous play-through which, as I found out from some digging, is something it's known to do with Nemesis. Now with my current game I don't even have Nemesis installed at all but XPSME is still making calls for Nemesis all the time! It's really hard to say what's true with this mod since it's finally being updated again and so the incompatibilities which were addressed with 'script fixes' may not even be true. I'm also in the tenuous position of not being on the latest version of Skyrim of course, so those updates may be somewhat incompatible with my game which means I might do better by rolling back. 

Ow my head. 🥵

First, close your eyes.  Imagine a warm hug from me.  You need one.  

OK, I don't check the SLSO box in SL.  Works better for me.

Next, a good cry never hurt anyone.

Now, what is must have for Sexlab.  I have my list.  WILL NOT PLAY WITHOUT THEM.  I literally will not.  I will quit playing Skryim if they are not in my game.   I do love the small additions some bring but I reduce the load on my game as much as possible and it seems to work.  I love the Pregnancy mod.  ( I tease the guys on discord it's the only way it will happen for me) but it reaches out too much and constantly so I dropped it.  Pheromones, Aroused Creaters, ND, etc.  Much more important to me.  

I am also at a loss for XPMSE as well.  Not sure that Nemesis is the issue.  I think there is simply a conflict with newer or updated older mods that were made for the newer Skyrim versions.  The changes evidently were significant.  I've encountered this recently as you now with the SPID mod.  Not only with the game not loading but mods not working the way they have for over a year.

So

Use this:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441?tab=files

I mentioned in my Ostim posts that I was concerned about the crashes for that mod but I was just talking to a mod person.  He is hooked into most of the big names in the Ostim and animation world.  He does not have large mod list but uses modern and updated mods as they come out.  He still plays on 1.5.597 but with this added, no more problems.

The mix of mods using different skeleton versions I think is my issue.  So I am loading BEES and will see what happens.

EXAMPLE:   I made a test start to the game.  NO animations had been added or removed since last running the FNIS/Nemesis engines.  Over 26K animations registered in Nemesis.

AS the game loaded, I t-posed and OAR (the little indicator top right) showed only 15 animations loaded.  Normally it shows over 5k.

WTF - sorry for the language.  Why is Open Animations even involved here?

Never seen this before. EVER.  Re-ran FNIS and Nemesis and they loaded correctly.  No more t-pose.  Something was happening in the background.  

So I will try BEES.  I hope it can work for you as well.  I won't give up yet on 1.6.640.  Not yet.  And FYI - Ostim is outside of all of these issues.  According to the guy.  IT has its own system and will run regardless.  We will see.  

A General thought.  Aylis gave all of us a foundation for a beautiful game.  I couldn't stop there or rather did not stop and added to her list.  I suppose the choice is to play vanilla, use Aylis with some tweaks for the new game version OR revert to an earlier game version and hope to catch all the bugs.  If SMP wind worked on 1.5.597, I don't think I would  have ever changed.  (must have my flowing hair) But I did to chase the latest and greatest mods as well.  The ecstasy and agony of this wonderful game.  

TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS.  I BELIEVE THAT.  💞

15 minutes ago, Miss Tee said:

First, close your eyes.  Imagine a warm hug from me.  You need one.  

OK, I don't check the SLSO box in SL.  Works better for me.❤️Next, a good cry never hurt anyone.

Now, what is must have for Sexlab.  I have my list.  WILL NOT PLAY WITHOUT THEM.  I literally will not.  I will quit playing Skryim if they are not in my game.   I do love the small additions some bring but I reduce the load on my game as much as possible and it seems to work.  I love the Pregnancy mod.  ( I tease the guys on discord it's the only way it will happen for me) but it reaches out too much and constantly so I dropped it.  Pheromones, Aroused Creaters, ND, etc.  Much more important to me.  

I am also at a loss for XPMSE as well.  Not sure that Nemesis is the issue.  I think there is simply a conflict with newer or updated older mods that were made for the newer Skyrim versions.  The changes evidently were significant.  I've encountered this recently as you now with the SPID mod.  Not only with the game not loading but mods not working the way they have for over a year.

So

Use this:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441?tab=files

I mentioned in my Ostim posts that I was concerned about the crashes for that mod but I was just talking to a mod person.  He is hooked into most of the big names in the Ostim and animation world.  He does not have large mod list but uses modern and updated mods as they come out.  He still plays on 1.5.597 but with this added, no more problems.

The mix of mods using different skeleton versions I think is my issue.  So I am loading BEES and will see what happens.

EXAMPLE:   I made a test start to the game.  NO animations had been added or removed since last running the FNIS/Nemesis engines.  Over 26K animations registered in Nemesis.

AS the game loaded, I t-posed and OAR (the little indicator top right) showed only 15 animations loaded.  Normally it shows over 5k.

WTF - sorry for the language.  Why is Open Animations even involved here?

Never seen this before. EVER.  Re-ran FNIS and Nemesis and they loaded correctly.  No more t-pose.  Something was happening in the background.  

So I will try BEES.  I hope it can work for you as well.  I won't give up yet on 1.6.640.  Not yet.  And FYI - Ostim is outside of all of these issues.  According to the guy.  IT has its own system and will run regardless.  We will see.  

Thank you for the virtual hugs as well as all the well wishes over the past many days!

I too have certain mods that I will not play without, but right now (well whenever I next get to futz around in Skyrim) I just need to figure out which ones are not in that list as they don't add quite enough to the experience to justify their existence. Right now I'm pretty sure the SL reputation mod is on that list and will be cut, but not before I do a bit more to try and sort out what's happening with XPSME. To that end, THANK YOU for the BEES mod suggestion holy cow I can't believe I've never seen that before! ❤️ ❤️

On the subject of animations, FNIS and Nemesis can be pretty tempermental when it comes to what's loaded or not, including sometimes things that shouldn't be in their domain. I've gotten into the habit of re-running them if I do ANYTHING with animations, body meshes, or the skeleton mods... it just saves headaches for days.

BEES will be getting installed first thing when I get back to my Skyrim, and I don't think I will ever give up on 1.6.640 until all the mods are caught up AND Bethesda has gone many months without trying to break our games for the sake of paid mods. Even then I might not update unless something really tasty has come along that I can't use without the latest version. Hmph!

10 minutes ago, hardcoremanuel said:

About the updated mods not working anymore: anything made on the latest version of Creation Kit will not work with versions before 1.6.1130. Wrye Bash will show you on launch which plugins have invalid headers for your current version. Crucially it lists the Dyndolod plugins made with v167 of Dyndolod. I have been using this : Backported Extended ESL Support without issues.

This is actually a poignant reminder that I need to re-run Wrye Bash before I try my next test. I don't think I've done that and it could very well be making things more difficult to sort out.

So thank you for that!

22 minutes ago, Ashra XIII said:

Thank you for the virtual hugs as well as all the well wishes over the past many days!

I too have certain mods that I will not play without, but right now (well whenever I next get to futz around in Skyrim) I just need to figure out which ones are not in that list as they don't add quite enough to the experience to justify their existence. Right now I'm pretty sure the SL reputation mod is on that list and will be cut, but not before I do a bit more to try and sort out what's happening with XPSME. To that end, THANK YOU for the BEES mod suggestion holy cow I can't believe I've never seen that before! ❤️ ❤️

On the subject of animations, FNIS and Nemesis can be pretty tempermental when it comes to what's loaded or not, including sometimes things that shouldn't be in their domain. I've gotten into the habit of re-running them if I do ANYTHING with animations, body meshes, or the skeleton mods... it just saves headaches for days.

BEES will be getting installed first thing when I get back to my Skyrim, and I don't think I will ever give up on 1.6.640 until all the mods are caught up AND Bethesda has gone many months without trying to break our games for the sake of paid mods. Even then I might not update unless something really tasty has come along that I can't use without the latest version. Hmph!

Please don't give up on SL Sexual Fame.  That is one of my must mods have along with Sex Fame Comments.  I'm truly hoping some other mod is causing the problems for you.

14 minutes ago, Miss Tee said:

Please don't give up on SL Sexual Fame.  That is one of my must mods have along with Sex Fame Comments.  I'm truly hoping some other mod is causing the problems for you.

I will try. :)

It's not that I think SLSF is a problem child, only that it's spammy so has to be on the list just in case. I'm much more interested in figuring out how to get XPSME to settle down and that BEES mod may help along with experimenting how the new version I have reacts with Nemesis back.

So much to try... maybe one day I'll actually play the game!

1 hour ago, Ashra XIII said:

Maybe Sexlab now looks for SLSO

It doesn't, but some mods do. IIRC the separate orgasms option in SL has nothing to do with SLSO. You might want to check if any of the SL mods you have require or are trying to use SLSO

1 hour ago, Ashra XIII said:

XPSME skeleton mod

Theres been a recent update to XPMSSE which allows you to install a lighter version of XPMSSE (Basic in the FOMOD) which IIRC removes styles, but (imo) makes it work better (never used styles anyway, got OAR for that), and results in less papyrus overhead/spam from XPMSSE

26 minutes ago, misterpipes said:

It doesn't, but some mods do. IIRC the separate orgasms option in SL has nothing to do with SLSO. You might want to check if any of the SL mods you have require or are trying to use SLSO

Theres been a recent update to XPMSSE which allows you to install a lighter version of XPMSSE (Basic in the FOMOD) which IIRC removes styles, but (imo) makes it work better (never used styles anyway, got OAR for that), and results in less papyrus overhead/spam from XPMSSE

Thank you for the XPMSSE information.  It has been a consistent indicator in the crashes and scripts for me in recent months.  Using the light version without the "styles" may be a great option.

Concern however is how to get shields on back, swords on back, etc.  If I remove the styles version.  Admittedly buggy anyway for me and randomly does its' own thing.  I don't play with much armor.  Don't want anything on my back or hips unless for the shield and sword when I want it.  Nothing permanent is what I mean.

OAR (Open Animation Replacer) - I don't know how you are getting styles with this mod unless it is part of an animation.  Instead of explaining, just tell me to go read the mod page if that is what is needed.  I just was not aware this was a function OAR could do.  T

4 hours ago, Miss Tee said:

In vortex, I could easily see what mods were loaded last and disable them one by one.  M02 does show what I downloaded from Nexus last but not LL so It's a memory game.

Do you mean 'installed' instead of 'loaded'? If you right-click on the column names on the left side of MO2, it'll allow you to show the installed date/time of each mod, including LL ones.

50 minutes ago, Miss Tee said:

Thank you for the XPMSSE information.  It has been a consistent indicator in the crashes and scripts for me in recent months.  Using the light version without the "styles" may be a great option.

Concern however is how to get shields on back, swords on back, etc.  If I remove the styles version.  Admittedly buggy anyway for me and randomly does its' own thing.  I don't play with much armor.  Don't want anything on my back or hips unless for the shield and sword when I want it.  Nothing permanent is what I mean.

OAR (Open Animation Replacer) - I don't know how you are getting styles with this mod unless it is part of an animation.  Instead of explaining, just tell me to go read the mod page if that is what is needed.  I just was not aware this was a function OAR could do.  T

This here is my concern as well... I love swords on back, daggers on lower back, that kinda stuff. 

I stared at that option just this morning as I reinstalled XPSME and saw the 'minimum' and 'basic' options for the first time, realizing what they were after reading the mod page and wondering (because the minimum option has no requirements at all). I just couldn't bring myself to be incapable of switching weapons around and so chose (for the moment) to continue fighting against Papyrus spam.

If there is some OAR mod that allows me to change this instead, I'm ready to pounce on it, just point me in the right direction!

Edited by Ashra XIII
45 minutes ago, Miss Tee said:

If you switch to the light XPMSSE and want the shield in back etc. you will need to use Simple Dual SheathImmersive Equipment DisplayWeapon Styles - Draw-Sheathe animations for IED, and Open Animation Replacer - IED Conditions. Specifically for the shield on back you will need to find SimpleDualSheath.ini and edit a a line under [ShieldOnBack]

to: Flags=FirstPerson|Player|NPC. Weapon positioning will now be handled through the IED menu.

11 minutes ago, Miss Tee said:

Concern however is how to get shields on back, swords on back, etc.  If I remove the styles version.

Ok, so I'd completely forgotten what XPMSSE styles are. For some reason I was thinking they are combat styles (which OAR straight up replaces), not holstered weapon locations. In my defense, I'm normally playing mage so rarely have weapons equipped (a real annoyance with some mods that go "you don't have a weapon equipped therefore you are vulnerable"; well, I guess if you call being surrounded by a huge AoE of ice and lightning that can be maintained forever, and anilhilates everything in its path as vulnerable, then... sure, I guess).

If you use Immersive Equipment Displays, you can get IED and OAR to fill in for XPMSSE styles with this.

40 minutes ago, bzzx said:

Do you mean 'installed' instead of 'loaded'? If you right-click on the column names on the left side of MO2, it'll allow you to show the installed date/time of each mod, including LL ones.

Bless you.  I did not know this.

29 minutes ago, hardcoremanuel said:

If you switch to the light XPMSSE and want the shield in back etc. you will need to use Simple Dual SheathImmersive Equipment DisplayWeapon Styles - Draw-Sheathe animations for IED, and Open Animation Replacer - IED Conditions. Specifically for the shield on back you will need to find SimpleDualSheath.ini and edit a a line under [ShieldOnBack]

to: Flags=FirstPerson|Player|NPC. Weapon positioning will now be handled through the IED menu.

Overall, great information.  So I don't have IED.  Don't want anything showing on my body unless I equip it.  Why I never loaded it.  I will look to see if it is possible to have things only show when they are equipped.  (already did the Simple Dual Sheath settings - didn't know if this was because of or in spite of XPMSSE.  But it does work)  Thank you for the information.  Passion beginning to return.  The light is getting brighter.  Hope  is now alive again.

Edited by Miss Tee