Old Maxis Hair Mesh from before the Hair Update

In 2021 Maxis updated some of the hairstyles (mainly hairstyles for black sims).

Some hairs received just new textures but some also received a new mesh.

The "Short Afro" is one of the hairs that changed a lot and basically turned in to a completely different hairstyle.

This is the old Short Afro:

1080906470_oldshortafro.jpg.aa76b71d23dcceaa5811294ce1772645.jpg

And sadly this hairstyle doesn't exist anymore in the game since it received a new texture and a new mesh.

In sim4studio the icon of this old version can still be found. But when loading it, it gets replaced by the new mesh.

Does someone here maybe still have this old mesh of the Short Afro from before the hairstyle update?

There is also a thread in the official Sims 4 forums regarding ths topic:

Any way to get the old hair back before the update? — The Sims Forums

In this thread someone mentiones that the Legacy Edition still has the old hairstyles but there seems to be no way to load them into sims4studio.

If someone here can help with bringing back the old Short Afro or has an idea how to load the Legacy Edition hairstyles into sims4 studio, that would be very much appreciated.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out the ID of the hair style.
With S4S create an override and select the ID, eg. 0x00000000000443A5
Open 'The Sims 4/Data/Simulation/SimulationFullBuild0.package'  or SimulationPreload or ClientFullBuild0
Locate the ID
Lods > Level 0 shows 0x56C032603890D991 - this is the geometry
This geometry may be found in one of the above packages - in this case ClientFullBuild0.
One may simply batch export the files and hopefully also batch import them (after modifying the IDs to match the ones of a new hair package or in the package above to overwrite the new geometry).

Thank you very much for your reply @Oops19 and for taking the time to write such a detailed explanation.

I tried for 2 hours to follow the steps you provided but I'm lacking so much basic knowledge in terms of modding and CC creation, that I didn't make it very far. 

I'm afraid that this is beyond my technical capabilities and I guess for now I have to relinquish my hopes to get that hairstyle back since it's much more complicated than I thought.

Nevertheless thanks a lot for your kind help!