[mod] CritterBang!

On 10/12/2022 at 3:02 PM, LewdGuard said:

CritterBang!

This mod allows you to have sex with many different creatures and monsters from many different universes. Currently the mod features 25 different creatures, with more to come in the future versions!

You can craft the CritterBang! station on Inventor's Table

Capsule protips:

• To retrieve the capsule - just hit it with any weapon
  • You can throw capsules under almost any Sexbound node, including NPCs, beds and other critters in the mod
  • Creatures can also participate in threesomes

How to install:

1. Download this mod and Sexbound API if you haven't already
  2. Unzip the files into the mods folder in Starbound's directory

Shoutouts:

red3dred - for supplying the base for the mod and general help

TemTemLover - for helping with implementing creature-on-creature animations and general help

My patrons  - for financially supporting me and my hobby ❤️

And all the people who have shown interest in the project ?

Twitter: @LewdGuard

Discord: HighGuard#7199

Telegram: @HighGuard

I also take commissions for adding OCs and other monsters to this mod, so hit me up on Twitter, Telegram or Discord if you're interested~

Hi I was wondering if you could send me the spawner id

On 10/12/2022 at 5:46 PM, SingleForLife said:

@LewdGuard

Just installed the mod (on an ongoing save) and I have a strange issue: the CritterBang station didn't show up in the inventors table so I had to admin spawn one in and when interacting with it, it doesn't show any recipes. When admin mode is on I can see all recipes, as expected, but when admin mode is off there is nothing in there.

How are the recipes, both inside the machine and for the machine itself, supposed to be unlocked?

Also just noticed that for some reason when this mod is installed the sextalk doesn't work. initiated sex with an avian npc, no speech bubble. removed this mod and initiated sex with the same avian npc again, speech bubble appears.

Hey could you send me the spawn ID 

5 hours ago, iDarknessKun said:

any plans to return?

I'm not the developer, but it was a unintentional change. To fix this, you can simply remove the "sexbound.config.patch" file inside the mod, or manually fix it as such:

[
  {
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/actor/plugins/sextalk/loadRequirements/entityType/-",
    "value" : "monster"
  }
]

Instead of whatever maybe in that file.

... this will likely not make Vaporeon talk still, but alas.

3 hours ago, Adam Bloodsong said:

Hi I was wondering if you could send me the spawner id

The crafting station has it's ID set to "cbstation", while the items themselves should not be spawnable in safely (Changes made to the mod made it use less resources, and instead, the ball items are made "on the go" by the game when you craft them). That is, if this is the latest version i'm thinking of...

14 hours ago, red3dred said:

I'm not the developer, but it was a unintentional change. To fix this, you can simply remove the "sexbound.config.patch" file inside the mod, or manually fix it as such:

[
  {
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/actor/plugins/sextalk/loadRequirements/entityType/-",
    "value" : "monster"
  }
]

Instead of whatever maybe in that file.

... this will likely not make Vaporeon talk still, but alas.

The crafting station has it's ID set to "cbstation", while the items themselves should not be spawnable in safely (Changes made to the mod made it use less resources, and instead, the ball items are made "on the go" by the game when you craft them). That is, if this is the latest version i'm thinking of...

Worked, Thanks  

3 hours ago, anubois said:

cant open the .pak file, no matter what i use it says its corrupted. shame cuz this looks like fun

?‍♂️

You don't open PAK files. This thread only has 3 pages, people don't read them and expect to know how things work?

Alright time to quote myself.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, red3dred said:

Alright so, since people have been having problems installing the mod, i'll give ya'll a quick run-down of what you should keep in mind:

• This mod is available as a folder inside of a ZIP file.
  • To install, simply right-click the ZIP file and choose "extract here..."
  • A folder named "SxB - CritterBang!" should be created.
  • Verify the mod is installed correctly in said folder, by checking if the _metadata file is visible when you open it.
  • If another folder with the same name of the folder is inside of it, take it's contents out, making it so the structure goes <mods/SxB - CritterBang!/_metadata>.
  • If HighGuard uploads a PAK file in the future, to install it, simply drop it in the mods folder.
  • That is all. Extra launchers and installers are not necessary and will likely break mods.

Oh, and if you still have an issue with the mod, try providing a proper issue-trackable log! The guide is as follows:

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

And that's it folks, good luck, and have some patience, the Critters ain't going anywhere.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

?‍♂️

You don't open PAK files. This thread only has 3 pages, people don't read them and expect to know how things work?

Alright time to quote myself.

I mean, you can but it's really unnecessary unless you intend to do personal adjustments to the mod (I personally edited Goodra's sprites to have colors closer to its official ones, as well as for adding a couple of more creatures). To be honest though, I'm kind of surprised to see people trying to mod Starbound whilst not understanding the simplicity of pak files, must be new to the whole thing.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:23 AM, red3dred said:

Alright so, since people have been having problems installing the mod, i'll give ya'll a quick run-down of what you should keep in mind:

• This mod is available as a folder inside of a ZIP file.
  • To install, simply right-click the ZIP file and choose "extract here..."
  • A folder named "SxB - CritterBang!" should be created.
  • Verify the mod is installed correctly in said folder, by checking if the _metadata file is visible when you open it.
  • If another folder with the same name of the folder is inside of it, take it's contents out, making it so the structure goes <mods/SxB - CritterBang!/_metadata>.
  • If HighGuard uploads a PAK file in the future, to install it, simply drop it in the mods folder.
  • That is all. Extra launchers and installers are not necessary and will likely break mods.

Oh, and if you still have an issue with the mod, try providing a proper issue-trackable log! The guide is as follows:

And that's it folks, good luck, and have some patience, the Critters ain't going anywhere.

the issue i have is that there is no Zip File. it appears as a .pak file only as i will add here

SxB - CritterBang!.pak

1 hour ago, Luigiknight said:

the issue i have is that there is no Zip File. it appears as a .pak file only as i will add here

... Oi mate, ye can't be serious...

It... it literally says right there...

Are you like, screwing with me on purpose, or...

image.png.922e2a49260aac325098391d172327ef.png

20 hours ago, red3dred said:

... Oi mate, ye can't be serious...

It... it literally says right there...

Are you like, screwing with me on purpose, or...

image.png.922e2a49260aac325098391d172327ef.png

OH. Apologies yea imma dumbass at times. I'll have to recheck my mods then cause i oddly didnt see it show up

On 10/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, Damalme said:

But the question is、 This Both Female and male I have tried but They are the same, the Fellatio animation have problem。 Mmm....Have you tested it? Don't you have not any Such This problems? (Eh...I Maybe Asked a stupid question But I still want to know if it's my problem or yours 、or  (POV) Game problem,)Maybe I missed something、

image.png.82e9fbc0b917a9566aaccb5489a409c4.png

can't see in the Fellatio animation face  Is this really normal? Please, I need the answer.

That's not a problem with CritterBang, but with PoV Redux itself.

The normal Renderpipeline renders Doggy, Standing and Fellatio with the same layer order.

Spoiler
 if (self.frameName == "position1" or self.frameName == "position1-climax" or -- For Standing, Doggy and Fellatio, layer Actor 2's body over their genitals, and the partner's genitals.
            self.frameName == "position2" or self.frameName == "position2-climax" or 
            self.frameName == "position6" or self.frameName == "position6-climax") then
            self.canvas:drawImage(self._config.backgroundImage, {0, 0}, 1.0, "white", false)
            self.parts.actor2Genital:render(self.canvas, frame)
            self.parts.actor1Body:render(self.canvas, frame)
            self.parts.actor1Genital:render(self.canvas, frame)
            self.parts.actor2Body:render(self.canvas, frame)
            -- self.parts.actor1LHand:render(self.canvas, frame) -- Hands are disabled due to lack of compatiblity
            -- self.parts.actor1RHand:render(self.canvas, frame) -- and generally covering the action.
            self.parts.actor1BodyOverlay:render(self.canvas, frame)
            self.canvas:drawImage(self._config.foregroundImage, {0, 0}, 1.0, self._config.foregroundImageColor, false)
            -- self.canvas:drawImage(self._config.recordFXImage, {0,0}, 1.0, "white", false)

else -- For all others, layer Actor 2's body under their genitals, and above the partner's genitals.    
            self.canvas:drawImage(self._config.backgroundImage, {0, 0}, 1.0, "white", false)
            self.parts.actor2Back:render(self.canvas, frame) -- The back layer was added because of possible gaps in the animation.
            self.parts.actor1Genital:render(self.canvas, frame) -- As such, it is not necessary, optional.
            -- self.parts.actor1LHand:render(self.canvas, frame) -- Hands are disabled due to lack of compatiblity
            -- self.parts.actor1RHand:render(self.canvas, frame) -- and generally covering the action.
            self.canvas:drawImage(self._config.foregroundImage, {0, 0}, 1.0, self._config.foregroundImageColor, false)
            -- self.canvas:drawImage(self._config.recordFXImage, {0,0}, 1.0, "white", false)
        end

I attached a patched Version that changes that order to show the sprites correctly and cropped the genital sprite sheet so the critters wont pierce their throats.

Spoiler
if (self.frameName == "position1" or self.frameName == "position1-climax" or -- For Standing, Doggy layer Actor 2's body over their genitals, and the partner's genitals.
            self.frameName == "position2" or self.frameName == "position2-climax") then

elseif (self.frameName == "position6" or self.frameName == "position6-climax") then -- Fellatio, render actor 2 genitals over actor 2 body and actor 1 genitals and actor 1 genitals over actor 2 body

else -- For all others, layer Actor 2's body under their genitals, and above the partner's genitals.    
            self.parts.actor2Back:render(self.canvas, frame) -- The back layer was added because of possible gaps in the animation.
            self.parts.actor1Genital:render(self.canvas, frame) -- As such, it is not necessary, optional.
        end

Edit:
I only edited the files in PoV Redux. If you're using MorePoses or similar mods, you may need to adjust the Genital artwork for them. It should be row 6.

.\artwork\pov\actor1\[Your Species]\male\genital.png

This is a quick fix without much testing!

It may or may not have unforeseen consequences on other fellatio animations in other Mods using PoV.

SxB - PoV Redux 3.3.0_patched.pak

Edited by MRSS
1 hour ago, MRSS said:

The normal Renderpipeline renders Doggy, Standing and Fellatio with the same layer order.

Hide contents
 if (self.frameName == "position1" or self.frameName == "position1-climax" or -- For Standing, Doggy and Fellatio, layer Actor 2's body over their genitals, and the partner's genitals.

end

I attached a patched Version that changes that order to show the sprites correctly and cropped the genital sprite sheet so the critters wont pierce their throats.

Hide contents
if (self.frameName == "position1" or self.frameName == "position1-climax" or -- For Standing, Doggy layer Actor 2's body over their genitals, and the partner's genitals.

elseif (self.frameName == "position6" or self.frameName == "position6-climax") then -- Fellatio, render actor 2 genitals over actor 2 body and actor 1 genitals and actor 1 genitals over actor 2 body

end

Edit:
I only edited the files in PoV Redux. If you're using MorePoses or similar mods, you may need to adjust the Genital artwork for them. It should be row 6.

It may or may not have unforeseen consequences on other fellatio animations in other Mods using PoV.

SxB - PoV Redux 3.3.0_patched.pak 1.76 MB · 0 downloads

I want to try to patch this with More pose but having problem with the original (both more pose and POV) i have to ask you, is more pose inside this patch ? Or will i need to install it myself ? Because on the More pose thread i asked the person if they could give me their mod since mine and other people didn't have more pose working and somehow their file worked correctly so i have no idea if yours will work with more pose

2 hours ago, MRSS said:

Reveal hidden contents

end

Reveal hidden contents

end

Edit:

SxB - PoV Redux 3.3.0_patched.pak 1.76 MB · 2 downloads

Eh....How should I use this patch? I don't quite understand this?  \artwork\pov\actor1\[Your Species]\male\genital.png  Just put it in the file?

Edited by Damalme
4 hours ago, Shynasha said:

I want to try to patch this with More pose but having problem with the original (both more pose and POV) i have to ask you, is more pose inside this patch ? Or will i need to install it myself ? Because on the More pose thread i asked the person if they could give me their mod since mine and other people didn't have more pose working and somehow their file worked correctly so i have no idea if yours will work with more pose

3 hours ago, Damalme said:

Eh....How should I use this patch? I don't quite understand this?  \artwork\pov\actor1\[Your Species]\male\genital.png  Just put it in the file?

I should have explained myself better, sorry.

This is not a patch to put in place with existing files but a patched version of SxB - PoV Redux. Replace your original Redux pak file with this one and it should work.

Now, if you use something like MorePoses or similar mods, it could be that it comes with their own version of the male actor sprites for the race you are playing as or want to see.
In this case you'd have to check, and if needed edit, the genital.png sprite under the path I mentioned above.

For example:
If you play as a human with Pov Redux + MorePoses, you would not have to edit anything as the human male sprites are part of PoV Redux and were already edited by me.
But if the race you are playing as is a custom race or something not covered by PoV Redux, you will need to edit the spritesheet. The animations should work regardless, but if the genital sprite is higher than the head sprite, it will show above/behind the head sprite.

If you are in doubt, just try it. Nothing can break (Or at least shouldn't. You can see all my changes above.) by replacing the original Redux file with the above one. And this way you will see right away if it works or if you need to edit the sprites.

Edit: Typos.

Edited by MRSS
3 hours ago, MRSS said:

Reveal hidden contents

end

Reveal hidden contents

end

Edit:

Already have a fix in the pipeline, along with a actual Fellatio animation and more, but thanks a lot for making that clear. It's great to have helpful people around! ?

Edit: Also, reminder that TemTem's cutscenes features a overwrite of the PoV code, so ultimately, if users have both, they need to patch TemTem's only.

Edited by red3dred
2 hours ago, MRSS said:

I should have explained myself better, sorry.

This is not a patch to put in place with existing files but a patched version of SxB - PoV Redux. Replace your original Redux pak file with this one and it should work.

Now, if you use something like MorePoses or similar mods, it could be that it comes with their own version of the male actor sprites you are playing as or want to see.
In this case you'd have to check, and if needed edit, the genital.png sprite under the path I mentioned above.

For example:
If you play as a human with Pov Redux + MorePoses, you would not have to edit anything as the human male sprites are part of PoV Redux and were already edited by me.
But if the race you are playing as is a custom race or something not covered by PoV Redux, you will need to edit the spritesheet. The animations should work regardless, but if the genital sprite is higher than the head sprite, it will show above/behind the head sprite.

If you are in doubt, just try it. Nothing can break (Or at least shouldn't. You can see all my changes above.) by replacing the original Redux file with the above one. And this way you will see right away if it works or if you need to edit the sprites.

Edit: Typos.

image.png.0b4c15c21491aaa7e1f2840c6ce720b2.png

It was not repaired,  Mmm...This is really a difficult question (if it were not for my English Not good, I will go to learn programming、 I hate that I didn't study hard at school) 

Do you have any other ideas?

Edited by Damalme
1 hour ago, Damalme said:

image.png.0b4c15c21491aaa7e1f2840c6ce720b2.png

It was not repaired,  Mmm...This is really a difficult question (if it were not for my English Not good, I will go to learn programming、 I hate that I didn't study hard at school) 

Do you have any other ideas?

Hmm, works for me. And don't worry about your english, we all start at some point and I can understand you just fine. :)

Spoiler

1629494608_2022-10-2819_23_29-Starbound.png.4632c9fae3012873065990398f2c128d.png

Do you use any other mods that could overwirte PoV Redux?

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

Edit: Also, reminder that TemTem's cutscenes features a overwrite of the PoV code, so ultimately, if users have both, they need to patch TemTem's only.

Edited by MRSS