OutfitStudio Newbie: How do I transform an outfit into a CCBE Bodyslide outfit?

Hi!

Anyone here familiar with CBBE OutfitStudio?

I am trying to create a CBBE Bodyslide outfit from a "static" nif outfit. It doesn't have any slider data at all. Looking on the net for a tutorial is very hit or miss, I've tried a few but there's always one step where my results differ greatly from theirs. Most of the cover converting from UNP to CBBE anyway (or vice versa) and not the thing I am trying to do.

I assume that I simply need to adjust the mesh of the outfit in OutfitStudio so that it fits with the CBBE body reference at both 0 and 100 weight for all sliders. All well and good, right? Just a lot of fiddly work, no bigge? Well, I am a newbie when it comes to OutfitStudio and the problem I've run into is that I can only seem to adjust the mesh for 100 weight, and some of the sliders are inverted for the body reference.

So if I adjust the outfit for Breasts at 100 weight, then the outfit will expand as the breasts shrink, and vice versa... Going into slider settings and unchecking "invert slider" seems to have no effect whatsoever. I've torn out a small chunk of hair over that.

It's obvious to me that I am missing some basic detail here, but OutfitStudio can be rather obtuse and arcane.... so I have no clue what I actually need to do. What settings and/or preparations do I need to do so that I can start adjusting the mesh properly?

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by hurtifrej

I do it all the time, converting static outfits to BHUNP, but I have a "Convert Vanilla to UUNP" conversion reference which makes it much easier to conform the shapes (and bones) to UUNP.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with CBBE, mostly because I really don't know if the CBBE (or 3BA) installation package includes a vanilla-to-CBBE-SE Conversion Reference.

Probably the best guide is the one on the Bodyslide wiki- it is prominently linked on the BodySlide Description page.

Since it seems that you haven't noticed the BodySlide Description page tutorial links, here they are for your convenience: