Male settlers using female voice audio

Trying to track down a problem, not sure if it is even commonwealth captives, sexual harassment or human resources, but here goes.

At some point settlers will no longer voice lines, and some (or one) male settler(s) will start to use a female voice. I am not sure what is triggering this - has anyone encountered this? I have tried reseting the voice packs in the console (MaleBoston, etc), but no joy. I can remove the bug by loading an earlier save, but I think an event is triggering that is messing things up. I recruit most of my settlers through CC, using Human Resources. Removing or disabling SH doesn't change anything, but I think it is probably an approach bugging out.

Anyone encountered this issue?

On 10/7/2022 at 6:51 PM, Arcturus7777 said:

I have the same problem, but do not have Autonomy or human resources installed.  the problem does seem to happen a lot, but i usually only talk to settlers to recruit and assign.

I have a way of correcting the bug, but not a fix for why it happens. You can assign voices to settlers in game, so for example, if you had  silent male settler or one with a female voice go into the console, select a settler so it is the target in the console and type:

cf "ObjectReference.SetOverrideVoiceType" VOICEID

The basic settler voices are

MaleBoston      23323
MaleEvenToned   13AD2
MaleGhoul       l23321
MaleOld         CEAA3
MaleRough       2D
FemaleBoston    23324
FemaleEvenToned 13ADD
FemaleGhoul     23322
FemaleOld       CEAA2
FemaleRough     2E

So for example changing a voice to MaleBoston 

cf "ObjectReference.SetOverrideVoiceType" 23323

• 6 months later...
On 10/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, Arcturus7777 said:

I have the same problem, but do not have Autonomy or human resources installed.  the problem does seem to happen a lot, but i usually only talk to settlers to recruit and assign.

It's a random bug in the vanilla game dialogue quests; the worst culprit generally being the Nuka World Traders and the quest that starts their dialogue randomly failing long before you even get to Nuka World. Worst part being; you can use a variation of Nuka Cherry's fix to fix it, but goes back to being bugged every time you reload the game. I tried making a bat file to just run the fix automatically upon game load, but never did get it to work.