Naked outfit missing

I've been playing in Starlight Shores, and I've recently noticed that at some point Catherine Best has lost her naked outfit somehow. It's no longer a selectable outfit option via MasterController or DebugEnabler, and she's bathing in her clothing. Is there some way of correcting this/restoring the outfit? Doing a reset on her didn't help.

Edit: To add to this, I've had problems with Catherine Best before. I've started several games in Starlight Shores, and she seems to error out out at some point depending on which career she gets assigned to. She starts off already pregnant, and I end up getting spammed with messages from ErrorTrap, seemingly due to her trying to go to work with a career outfit that's not flagged for maternity. The same thing happened in my current game, but I kept forcing her to quit her job until she found one with an outfit that was flagged for maternity. That and just giving her a bunch of days off from work are the only workarounds I've found for that problem.

I dunno if the earlier outfit issues are related to her naked outfit disappearing or not.

Edited by Omicr0n
8 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

It's no longer a selectable outfit option via MasterController or DebugEnabler, and she's bathing in her clothing.

But if you choose Nood through Changer mod   (https://modthesims.info/d/588632/outfit-changer.html)  , then it won’t be naked either?? It's interesting...

Crap often happens to pregnant women, put her in the house and let her live until she gives birth, then she goes to work.))

Edited by sim333
2 hours ago, sim333 said:

But if you choose Nood through Changer mod   (https://modthesims.info/d/588632/outfit-changer.html)  , then it won’t be naked either?? It's interesting...

Crap often happens to pregnant women, put her in the house and let her live until she gives birth, then she goes to work.))

I tried that Outfit Changer mod, and the Nude option it provides did nothing. She just stayed in the same outfit. Your idea about waiting until she gives birth gave me an idea though. I tested ending the pregnancy with MasterController and then doing a reset on her, but the naked outfit remained missing. I then tried the Nude option from Outfit Changer, and she got naked and it restored the naked outfit as an option for MasterController again.

I then tested ending the pregnancy again to see if I could somehow restore the outfit without that mod. Bathing didn't restore the naked outfit, but having her skinny dip did. I tried having her skinny dip while she was still pregnant, but that just resulted in GoHere spamming me with dozens of errors. So I guess I'll just wait for her to give birth normally, and then make her go skinny dip somewhere to correct things. Still not sure why the outfit disappeared in the first place.

1 hour ago, Omicr0n said:

I tried that Outfit Changer mod, and the Nude option it provides did nothing. She just stayed in the same outfit. Your idea about waiting until she gives birth gave me an idea though. I tested ending the pregnancy with MasterController and then doing a reset on her, but the naked outfit remained missing. I then tried the Nude option from Outfit Changer, and she got naked and it restored the naked outfit as an option for MasterController again.

I then tested ending the pregnancy again to see if I could somehow restore the outfit without that mod. Bathing didn't restore the naked outfit, but having her skinny dip did. I tried having her skinny dip while she was still pregnant, but that just resulted in GoHere spamming me with dozens of errors. So I guess I'll just wait for her to give birth normally, and then make her go skinny dip somewhere to correct things. Still not sure why the outfit disappeared in the first place.

Do you see naked outfit using Nraas MC> basic> outfit? All available outfits should show. Pregnant outfits listed may be different from not pregnant, as one she usually has may not be listed as a maternity outfit.

Grab a random NPC, same gender and age. If your Sim is preggers, use Nraas MC to cheat the random Sim as being preggers. You will need to wait until the alarms trigger her to change into maternity clothes. Use Nraas MC> basic> outfit and verify she has a naked outfit. Transfer the random Sim's clothing to your Sim. Again, Nraas MC> intermediate> transfer clothing> ALL.

If not pregnant, the same can be done. "ALL" will transfer... ALL outfits, including naked.

11 minutes ago, TheLadysGhost said:

Do you see naked outfit using Nraas MC> basic> outfit? All available outfits should show. Pregnant outfits listed may be different from not pregnant, as one she usually has may not be listed as a maternity outfit.

Grab a random NPC, same gender and age. If your Sim is preggers, use Nraas MC to cheat the random Sim as being preggers. You will need to wait until the alarms trigger her to change into maternity clothes. Use Nraas MC> basic> outfit and verify she has a naked outfit. Transfer the random Sim's clothing to your Sim. Again, Nraas MC> intermediate> transfer clothing> ALL.

If not pregnant, the same can be done. "ALL" will transfer... ALL outfits, including naked.

No the naked outfit wasn't listed in the outfits menu of MC, nor the outfits menu in DebugEnabler. Didn't seem to be a maternity outfit issue, the outfit just disappeared entirely. I haven't noticed this issue with any other pregnant sims. I checked a couple others and they still had their naked outfits listed. I can try the transfer clothing option and see what happens.

50 minutes ago, Omicr0n said:

No the naked outfit wasn't listed in the outfits menu of MC, nor the outfits menu in DebugEnabler. Didn't seem to be a maternity outfit issue, the outfit just disappeared entirely. I haven't noticed this issue with any other pregnant sims. I checked a couple others and they still had their naked outfits listed. I can try the transfer clothing option and see what happens.

My previous post tells how to restore naked outfit, but if it is only that Sim, she may be corrupted in some way.

1 minute ago, TheLadysGhost said:

My previous post tells how to restore naked outfit, but if it is only that Sim, she may be corrupted in some way.

I actually just tried posting a reply about that but the reply failed for some reason, so I guess I'll just retype it.

I looked into the transfer clothing option, but it doesn't seem like it's the solution. The transfer clothing option doesn't show up at all on pregnant sims. So instead I tried it on a non-pregnant sim, ensuring they were the same age as Catherine Best like the NRaas docs say. Unfortunately she doesn't show up at all in the list of valid destination sims for the transfer, so it seems like MC has checks in place to prevent clothing transfers involving pregnant sims for some reason. I confirmed this by seeing if either of the other pregnant sims I'm aware of were listed in the destination sims list, and neither of them were.

1 hour ago, Omicr0n said:

I actually just tried posting a reply about that but the reply failed for some reason, so I guess I'll just retype it.

I looked into the transfer clothing option, but it doesn't seem like it's the solution. The transfer clothing option doesn't show up at all on pregnant sims. So instead I tried it on a non-pregnant sim, ensuring they were the same age as Catherine Best like the NRaas docs say. Unfortunately she doesn't show up at all in the list of valid destination sims for the transfer, so it seems like MC has checks in place to prevent clothing transfers involving pregnant sims for some reason. I confirmed this by seeing if either of the other pregnant sims I'm aware of were listed in the destination sims list, and neither of them were.

You cannot transfer preggers to not preggers, or reverse. I state that in my post. Transfer all clothing works, unless you do something wrong, as I do it quite often to transfer outfits for dancers at my clubs.

1 hour ago, TheLadysGhost said:

You cannot transfer preggers to not preggers, or reverse. I state that in my post. Transfer all clothing works, unless you do something wrong, as I do it quite often to transfer outfits for dancers at my clubs.

I'm sure clothing transfers work fine between non-pregnant sims, but the option is not there at all for pregnant sims in my game.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, Omicr0n said:

I'm sure clothing transfers work fine between non-pregnant sims, but the option is not there at all for pregnant sims in my game.

Yes, appears I was mistaken about pregnant Sims garment transfer. I mostly only use it for non-pregnant Sims that I use as dancers, so they have matched garments while doing striptease.

8 hours ago, TheLadysGhost said:

Yes, appears I was mistaken about pregnant Sims garment transfer. I mostly only use it for non-pregnant Sims that I use as dancers, so they have matched garments while doing striptease.

It's all good. I ended up starting a new game in Starlight Shores. Catherine Best tried to go to work pregnant again and error out, but I reloaded to a save a couple of sims hours before it happens and gave her a bunch of days off work to prevent it. Not sure if that's what corrupted her the last time and caused her to lose the naked outfit but I didn't want to take any chances this time. So far she still has the outfit. Seems like if it happens again though I just need to wait out the pregnancy.

I frequently have my sims end up wearing clothing in a situation where they are supposed to be nude. When that happens, while the sim is supposed to be nude (bathing, for example), use MC to go into Stylist. When you click on the Clothing button, it should show only Nude as an option (it should not show everyday, formal, sleep, etc.). Go into the Nude outfit and set the sim to wear nude clothing. You will need something like CmarNYC's Nouveau Nudists or snaitf's True Nudists, which provides "naked" clothing.

Alternatively, you might be able to use NRaas Dresser mod and have use the menu to Check Outfits. That might fix it. The MC/Stylist method usually works for me, but some NPCs don't have Stylist as an option, and I cannot remember if Check Outfits works for that or not.

2 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

I frequently have my sims end up wearing clothing in a situation where they are supposed to be nude. When that happens, while the sim is supposed to be nude (bathing, for example), use MC to go into Stylist. When you click on the Clothing button, it should show only Nude as an option (it should not show everyday, formal, sleep, etc.). Go into the Nude outfit and set the sim to wear nude clothing. You will need something like CmarNYC's Nouveau Nudists or snaitf's True Nudists, which provides "naked" clothing.

Alternatively, you might be able to use NRaas Dresser mod and have use the menu to Check Outfits. That might fix it. The MC/Stylist method usually works for me, but some NPCs don't have Stylist as an option, and I cannot remember if Check Outfits works for that or not.

This was a different issue. It's not that the naked/nude outfit was misconfigured, it's that the outfit didn't exist at all, so there was no possibility of editing it with Stylist or CAS. Whenever she would go to take a bath it would play the outfit changing animation, but instead of switching to the naked outfit which didn't exist, she would just stay in whatever outfit she was currently wearing.

I did try using Check Outfits from Dresser but it didn't do anything in this case.

Since I never use pregnancy by removing the 'can be pregnant' status from Story Progression, I'm wondering if it would 're-roll' any Sims the the game launched as pregnant from the default EA created Sims when starting a new game or even in an established save. Then one could just 'turn it back on'.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:29 AM, landess said:

Since I never use pregnancy by removing the 'can be pregnant' status from Story Progression, I'm wondering if it would 're-roll' any Sims the the game launched as pregnant from the default EA created Sims when starting a new game or even in an established save. Then one could just 'turn it back on'.

I still don't know what actually caused the outfit issue, so assuming changing that setting would purge pregnancies from EA sims, I'm not actually sure if that would have solved anything. So far in this new game I haven't had any issues.

This was the first time I'd experienced the missing outfit issue, but I've seen the error spam from Catherine Best trying to go to work before. I've also experienced it with Joanie MacDuff in Moonlight Falls who also starts off pregnant.

My understanding of the error spam issue is that the pregnant sim is attempting to go to work, and they're trying to switch to a career outfit that isn't flagged for maternity. This leads to them entering a weird state where they're phasing in and out while ErrorTrap and Dresser spam you with dozens or hundreds of errors. I've manged to avoid this by either forcing them to find another job with a career outfit that is flagged for maternity, or giving them additional days off from work. Both of those should be done before the sims tries to go to work and enters the weird error state. Could possibly just edit their career outfit as well but I haven't tested that.

This seems to happen because I've increased the duration of pregnancy. The game by default gives you 3 days off from work during the pregnancy which is long enough for the standard pregnancy length, but insufficient otherwise. So if you've increased the duration then the sim burns through their days off and then tries to go to work while still pregnant. I haven't figured out how to automatically give more days off to scale with the pregnancy length. The StoryProgression maternity leave settings seem to only be about days off after birth. I haven't poked around with Retuner yet to see if I can change the amount of days off that way.

With all of that said, I'm still not certain if the pregnancy career outfit error spam and the missing naked outfit issues are related, and I've been unable to replicate the latter issue so I have no way of testing any possible solutions.

Edited by Omicr0n
17 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

I still don't know what actually caused the outfit issue, so assuming changing that setting would purge pregnancies from EA sims, I'm not actually sure if that would have solved anything. So far in this new game I haven't had any issues.

This was the first time I'd experienced the missing outfit issue, but I've seen the error spam from Catherine Best trying to go to work before. I've also experienced it with Joanie MacDuff in Moonlight Falls who also starts off pregnant.

My understanding of the error spam issue is that the pregnant sim is attempting to go to work, and they're trying to switch to a career outfit that isn't flagged for maternity. This leads to them entering a weird state where they're phasing in and out while ErrorTrap and Dresser spam you with dozens or hundreds of errors. I've manged to avoid this by either forcing them to find another job with a career outfit that is flagged for maternity, or giving them additional days off from work. Both of those should be done before the sims tries to go to work and enters the weird error state. Could possibly just edit their career outfit as well but I haven't tested that.

This seems to happen because I've increased the duration of pregnancy. The game by default gives you 3 days off from work during the pregnancy which is long enough for the standard pregnancy length, but insufficient otherwise. So if you've increased the duration then the sim burns through their days off and then tries to go to work while still pregnant. I haven't figured out how to automatically give more days off to scale with the pregnancy length. The StoryProgression maternity leave settings seem to only be about days off after birth. I haven't poked around with Retuner yet to see if I can change the amount of days off that way.

With all of that said, I'm still not certain if the pregnancy career outfit error spam and the missing naked outfit issues are related, and I've been unable to replicate the latter issue so I have no way of testing any possible solutions.

There are a few EA Sims that are "broken" to some extent. Not familiar with Catherine Best, but believe Joanie MacDuff may be a broken Sim... some things about her just don't work. Just as Moonlight Falls kids tend to disappear on age up to teen, and are very difficult to retrieve. IP has a couple of families that are recommended to be deleted entirely because of glitches.

Be careful with Nraas Dresser settings. I use it, but have a few problems with it not caring what I set things to. If you think it necessary, remove it and test your game.

Can't say if maternity leave and careers are an issue, especially if your problem was with nude outfit, which generally is not used as career. There is a setting in Nraas SP to increase maternity leave, which I set a while ago... I think 1 or 2 weeks... probably 2. Depending on how I feel like playing, lifespans, etc. my pregnancy setting vary, but are never longer than the leave setting. I think I had pregnancy duration at 150 Sim hrs once... almost a week. Bumping leave time up is a bit closer to reality anyway. Not many give birth and return to work next day!