Jump to content
IGNORED

FNIS XXL too many animations


Recommended Posts

Im trying to load FNIS and I get this error

 

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V7.6   20/9/2022 17:39:06
Skyrim 32bit: 1.9.32.0 - G:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - Legendary Edition\

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"  
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading AnimationsByLeito V1.0 ... 
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Aggressive V1.0 ... 
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ... 
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture V1.0 ... 
Reading Anubs Creature V1.0 ... 
Reading Anubs Human V1.0 ... 
Reading Beastess V0.1 ... 
Reading DD V4.0.0 ... 
Reading DD2 V4.0.0 ... 
Reading DD3 V4.1.0 ... 
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ... 
Reading Defeat V5 ... 
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ... 
Reading FunnyBizAmp V8.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizBound V12.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizFC V10.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizFemDom V1.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizFun V12.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizGuro V5.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizMolag V1.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizNecro V10.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizRape V11.0 ... 
Reading FunnyBizUn V12.0 ... 
Reading K4Anims V1.0 ... 
Reading MNC V?.? ... 
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature V1.0 ... 
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature_Object V1.0 ... 
Reading NibblesAnims_Human V1.0 ... 
Reading NibblesAnims_Object V1.0 ... 
Reading NibblesAnims_old V1.0 ... 
Reading NonSexLabAnimationPack V3.1 ... 
Reading SexLab V1.62 ... 
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ... 
Reading SRBCreatures V1.0 ... 
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ... 
Reading ZaZAnimationPack
ERROR(2026): Too many animations  91 (..\..\meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_List.txt):  ofa -md ZazAPOA006 ZazAPOA006.hkx    


Please help 

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, heybeterino said:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<

You should address this problem first, before you do anything else.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

You should address this problem first, before you do anything else.

Why? That hasn't nothing to do with anything.

 

First thing to do would be to uninstall ZAP then see what happens. Re-run FNIS. Then make sure you are using the correct version of ZAP. (Should it not be ZAP+?).

Link to comment

Ill give Grey clouds solution a try in the weekend as ill have to reinstall the game (wont launch anymore lmao), and here i thought LE was gonna be easier than the struggle i had in getting SE to work (I couldnt get it to work mostly because bethesda will keep updating the game and mods wont catch up)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Why? That hasn't nothing to do with anything.

Ahh, yes, a warning about a possible pirated copy, which may as well mean that the path in registry is wrong or missing for any number of reasons, resulting in FNIS possbily having problem finding some files...
But i guess you KNOW that it has nothing to do with the problem, so we can just ignore it, well ok then, i'll just shut up and go stand over there in the corner.

Edited by Roggvir
Link to comment

Just the bottom 6 mods plus the FNIS ones give you well over 4000 animations. The limit is 10,000 without an addon tool or two - no idea what they are for LE, but they exist for SE, so I assume they exist for your setup too.

 

You're drowning the poor thing - take out some of the animations you can do without, one at a time, until FNIS actually works. Or find the tool you need - FNIS tells you what they are in SE, but LE I've never run. And you can safely ignore the bollocks stuff about paths in registry - the mod manager handles all that in the VFS, so if FNIS is running via the mod manager it can see everything it needs to see.

 

*Someone who gets that message every single time because they didn't buy the bloody game through Steam, they have an actual legal physical install  disc.

 

 

Edited by threp
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, threp said:

And you can safely ignore the bollocks stuff about paths in registry - the mod manager handles all that in the VFS

Just a side note, the mod manager's VFS has nothing to do with the path in registry - if the path in registry is wrong, and you use some SW that relies on that information, then you are risking problems (how is that not obvious to any of you ignorants, is beyond me).

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, threp said:

*Someone who gets that message every single time because they didn't buy the bloody game through Steam, they have an actual legal physical install  disc.

That is very interesting, because Skyrim SE is a Steam game, it was never sold as an "actual legal physical install disc" that wouldn't need Steam.
So you are either lying, or you are confused about what Skyrim version you are actually using.

 

(talking about the PC version, obviously)

Edited by Roggvir
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

That is very interesting, because Skyrim SE is a Steam game, it was never sold as an "actual legal physical install disc" that wouldn't need Steam.

The OP is running LE and that is what @threp is saying and he is correct about the physical disc. Threp is running SE and has never run LE. You should try bumping your reading skills before suggesting that some one is a liar or confused.

 

39 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Just a side note, the mod manager's VFS has nothing to do with the path in registry - if the path in registry is wrong, and you use some SW that relies on that information, then you are risking problems (how is that not obvious to any of you ignorants, is beyond me).

That depends on which mod manager you use. I assume you are using MO or MO2. Vortex uses hardlinks so you are talking nonsense about VFS.

The 'path in the registry' is merely the path to wherever FNIS is, correctly or incorrectly, installed. If FNIS is not installed in the correct location it would throw up an error saying it could not find the path. It would not throw up an error saying too many animations.

 

 

 

5 hours ago, heybeterino said:

and here i thought LE was gonna be easier than the struggle i had in getting SE to work

For LE
https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/7521-conglomerate-01-installing-skyrim-stability-fixes-tools/

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimLE:3.0.0

 

There's guides over in the SE section and also advice on how to stop the updates if you prefer to go with SE.

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

The OP is running LE

Aaah, of course, my bad, we are indeed in LE space. I'll try bumping my reading skills as you suggest.
 

Still, a warning about something potentially wrong about the game installation itself, should be addressed BEFORE trying to fix mods installed on top of that.
Unless that warning is really normal on LE - i don't recall ever seeing that on LE, but that was long time ago, probably with older version of FNIS, so i could be wrong about that.


 

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

That depends on which mod manager you use. I assume you are using MO or MO2. Vortex uses hardlinks so you are talking nonsense about VFS.

I am using my own mod manager, and i know basicaly nothing about these MOs and Vortexes, but you missed the point, which is:
If FNIS is getting the game path it uses for any of its file operations from the registry, then you may want to make sure that path in the registry is correct.
Whether you are running FNIS through your mod manager, and whether your mod manager is using VFS or hardlinks or whatever, makes no difference, if a problem is caused because FNIS read in the registry that your game is installed in "X:\wherever\Skyrim" and that path actually doesn't exist (inside the VFS, or as a hardlink, or as a real path).

 

And if FNIS complains about "not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory", then that suggests the required registry information is missing or contains incorrect path.
And i haven't seen FNIS source code, so i can't say what exactly it does in this situation, so it seems logical to fix this problem first, before trying to fix another problem down the line.
Additionally, FNIS may not be the only SW using the registry information, in which case other things can be broken, things the user doesn't even know about yet.

Edited by Roggvir
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I am using my own mod manager,

?

 

10 hours ago, Roggvir said:

If FNIS is getting the game path it uses for any of its file operations from the registry, then you may want to make sure that path in the registry is correct.

Which you do by installing FNIS correctly. It has nothing to do with VFS and the path in the registry is merely the path to where FNIS is installed - nothing more.

 

10 hours ago, Roggvir said:

And if FNIS complains about "not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory", then that suggests the required registry information is missing or contains incorrect path.

No it does not. Fore put that in because he has a thing about piracy. It's mentioned on the FNIS description page IIRC. It has nothing to do with an incorrect installation. I played Skyrim for 5 years with that message. I didn't change it because I didn't need to.

 

10 hours ago, Roggvir said:

And i haven't seen FNIS source code, so i can't say what exactly it does in this situation, so it seems logical to fix this problem first, before trying to fix another problem down the line.

There is absolutely no need to see the source code - the error message clearly states 'too many animations'. FNIS users make the same mistakes and cause the same errors which in turn produce the same error messages.

You are also failing to differentiate between a warning and an error message. Warnings can often be ignored,  it's not recommended but nevertheless true. Errors should always be addressed especially one which clearly tells you the problem.

 

10 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Additionally, FNIS may not be the only SW using the registry information,

And it might rain on Thursday. You are grasping at straws. Some unknown software may or may not be using the unspecified FNIS registry information and this may or may not cause problems sometime in the future.

Meanwhile there is an error message clearly stating 'too many animations'. If you hear hoof beats, think horses not zebras.

 

Hey look

Edited by Grey Cloud
Link to comment
20 hours ago, heybeterino said:

Please help 

Try this version.

 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/23102-zaz-animation-pack-zap/

 

5 minutes ago, Swe-DivX said:

You have 30091 Animations installed. Remove NibblesAnims_old V1.0 and it will work.

How do you know how many animations there are?

How do you know that removing the Nibbles old animations will bring the total down?

Why not just recommend using Animation Limit Crash Fix?

Why is the error naming ZAP?

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Try this version.

 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/23102-zaz-animation-pack-zap/

 

How do you know how many animations there are?

How do you know that removing the Nibbles old animations will bring the total down?

Why not just recommend using Animation Limit Crash Fix?

Why is the error naming ZAP?


FNIS XXL has a max limit 32000.
Nibbles old animations is his old animations files
This is not a Animations limit, its a FNIS XXL limit
Zap is the last animations pack adding to the 32000 limit

Edited by Swe-DivX
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Swe-DivX said:

FNIS XXL has a max limit 32000.

Okay, I'll take your word for that.

 

1 hour ago, Swe-DivX said:

Nibbles old animations is his old animations files

I realise that. So what you mean is that these animations would be the most obvious or the ones which be be least missed? If we are going down that road this could also be removed: NonSexLabAnimationPack V3.1 - it's been obsolete for years.

 

1 hour ago, Swe-DivX said:

This is not a Animations limit, its a FNIS XXL limit

Again I'll take your word for this.

 

1 hour ago, Swe-DivX said:

Zap is the last animations pack adding to the 32000 limit

Here we are with the 3200 limit again. I did a search for that and nothing came up. Do you have a source for it?

 

Here is my last FNIS output from December last year.

 

 


Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading AnimationsByLeito V1.0 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Aggressive V1.0 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureBeasts V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoids V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureInsects V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureMisc V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_Human V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanDD V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading DD V4.0.0 ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0 ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0 ...
Reading DDC V1.2 ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.6 ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V7.1 ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3 ...
Reading HAnimations V1.4.0 ...
Reading HCOSBestiality V1.0 ...
Reading HCOSVore V1.0 ...
Reading InteractiveGallow V?.? ...
Reading Lords_Creature V1.0 ...
Reading Lords_Human V1.0 ...
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...
Reading NakedDefeat V1.0 ...
Reading nazonootoko V1.0 ...
Reading nazonootokoTI V1.0 ...
Reading NCK30 V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature_Object V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Human V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Object V1.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...
Reading SexLab_Aroused_Creatures V1.0 ...
Reading SMSkyrim V?.? ...
Reading TropicalIsland V1.2.2 ...
Reading TropicalIslandFurniture V1.1.1 ...
Reading TropicalIslandSolo V1.0.0 ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack+ V8.00 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
No GENDER directory male
 19 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 6 sets: 71 total groups: 263 added file slots: 2501 alternate files: 1808

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading HCOSWildlife V1.0 ...
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureBeasts V1.0 ...
Reading HCOSBestiality V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoids V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureInsects V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureMisc V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature_Object V1.0 ...
Reading HCOSVore V1.0 ...
Reading Lords_Creature V1.0 ...
Reading SexLab_Aroused_Creatures V1.0 ...

 11483 animations for 54 mods successfully included (character).
ChAnims: 11483  CTD:100.2%  pOpt:18.8%  max: 11462  LC: 26209 (max. 26162)

 5911 animations for 19 mods and 42 creatures successfully included..
 

 

 

All that only got me to approximately 17.5k animations.

Comparing the OP's list and mine the only major differences are that I have Billyy's pack and he has FunnyBiz's. I used to have Anub's pack but removed it at some point.

Would FunnyBiz's pack be #12.5k animations minus however many ZAP animations loaded before it stopped?

Edited by Grey Cloud
Link to comment

Well, I have 18,178 animations in my FNIS, it is doing just fine. So... let me say this, no matter how hard you try or argue, modding a pirated copy of Skyrim (ANY version) cannot be done. And, odds are NO ONE on this site will help you do that! BUY THE GAME!

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Here we are with the 3200 limit again. I did a search for that and nothing came up. Do you have a source for it?


When you run FNIS, in the text last line.

 

Current FNIS limit: 32000 animations (3rd person character only)


So when FNIS runs, it adds up the number of animations after each animation's packet. So in this case, when Zaz is to be added, it stops.

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, Swe-DivX said:

When you run FNIS, in the text last line.

Where? I can't see it in my output file.

 

33 minutes ago, Swe-DivX said:

So when FNIS runs, it adds up the number of animations after each animation's packet. So in this case, when Zaz is to be added, it stops.

I understand that well enough. The point I was making is that the only major difference between the two outputs was the FunnyBiz pack so therefore that pack would have to make up the difference between my 17.5k animations and the 32k limit, i.e. approx 12.5k animations.

If we are talking about only character animations then my total is only 11.5k.

It was only ever character animations which caused the animation limit crashes according to the author of Animation Limit Crash Fix and Fore and that limit was memory related not FNIS related.

 

The only other FNIS output I have is from 2019. It does have FunnyBiz's pack but only weighs in at around 8.7k character animations.

 

 


Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading Babo Creature V1.0 ...
Reading Babo Human V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureBeasts V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoids V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureInsects V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureMisc V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_Human V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanDD V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanFuta V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_HumanLesbian V1.0 ...
Reading dcc-soulgem-oven-000 V300 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V7.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 557 alternate animations) ...
Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBound V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFC V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFun V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizRape V11.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizUn V12.0 ...
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims V1.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V8.00  ( 276 furniture, 45 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack+ V8.00  ( 14 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
Alternate Animation mods: 3 sets: 46 total groups: 98 added file slots: 1162 alternate files: 739

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureBeasts V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFC V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoids V1.0 ...
Reading Babo Creature V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureInsects V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureMisc V1.0 ...

 8718 animations for 34 mods successfully included (character).
 2768 animations for 11 mods and 41 creatures successfully included..
 

 

 

Edited by Grey Cloud
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Swe-DivX said:

FNIS XXL has a max limit 32000.

Right, found it way down on the FNIS description page.

 

FNIS comes in 2 versions:

  • FNIS, which allows to add 10,000 animations for character 3rd person, AND for each of Skyrims creatures. That is plenty for most of the users of animation mods.
  • FNIS XXL, which allows to add 32,000 animations for race. For the animation collectors amongst us.

However there is a bug in Skyrim that will cause CTD (Crash to Desktop) when starting the game with too many animations added. This happens usually somewhere in the range between 11k and 14k additional 3rd person character animation, depending on the type of animations. (1st person, animation replacers, and creature animations are not affected).

 

The OP is not using XXL so that might put him over the 10k limit of FNIS regular. Note that Fore says this will cause a CTD not an error message.

Anecdotal evidence but I have had too many animations installed (pre Animation Limit Crash Fix) and FNIS didn't show an error message but the game did CTD.

Edited by Grey Cloud
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Right, found it way down on the FNIS description page.

 

FNIS comes in 2 versions:

  • FNIS, which allows to add 10,000 animations for character 3rd person, AND for each of Skyrims creatures. That is plenty for most of the users of animation mods.
  • FNIS XXL, which allows to add 32,000 animations for race. For the animation collectors amongst us.

However there is a bug in Skyrim that will cause CTD (Crash to Desktop) when starting the game with too many animations added. This happens usually somewhere in the range between 11k and 14k additional 3rd person character animation, depending on the type of animations. (1st person, animation replacers, and creature animations are not affected).

 

The OP is not using XXL so that might put him over the 10k limit of FNIS regular. Note that Fore says this will cause a CTD not an error message.

Anecdotal evidence but I have had too many animations installed (pre Animation Limit Crash Fix) and FNIS didn't show an error message but the game did CTD.


He created the topic with the line
 

FNIS XXL too many animations


Well, he would need an animation patch, but I think that will be the next step when he fixes FNIS.

I use the

04. 85443 Load Game CTD Fix - An SKSE plugin to prevent crashing that may occur when loading games

05. 100672 Animation Limit Crash Fix LE - The patch fixes the crash on game loading when you install too many animations with FNIS
and
07. Skyrim Memory Optimizer with Skyrim Memory Optimizer - Allocator 1.5.
And BHUNP SMP memory fix

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:
16 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I am using my own mod manager,

?

What do you not understand? I am using my own mod manager. If you are asking for a link, there is none, i never published it.

 

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:
16 hours ago, Roggvir said:

If FNIS is getting the game path it uses for any of its file operations from the registry, then you may want to make sure that path in the registry is correct.

Which you do by installing FNIS correctly. It has nothing to do with VFS and the path in the registry is merely the path to where FNIS is installed - nothing more.

The path in the registry we are talking about, is where the GAME is installed. FNIS just happens to be installed in the same path, but if FNIS compains about this, then that is something to fix.

You seem to view this as some strange alien concept, but really, when a SW complains about something, it is usually a good idea to fix it.
And whether it has anything to do with VFS depends on whether you are using VFS and whether that path exists on the VFS (or not) and whether it should exists there or not - simply put, it depends on how you set up your environment and whether that path exists in that environment.

 

 

8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:
16 hours ago, Roggvir said:

And i haven't seen FNIS source code, so i can't say what exactly it does in this situation, so it seems logical to fix this problem first, before trying to fix another problem down the line.

There is absolutely no need to see the source code - the error message clearly states 'too many animations'. FNIS users make the same mistakes and cause the same errors which in turn produce the same error messages.

You are also failing to differentiate between a warning and an error message. Warnings can often be ignored,  it's not recommended but nevertheless true. Errors should always be addressed especially one which clearly tells you the problem.

I am talking about the fucking WARNING on the first fucking line! Are you pretending to be an idiot on purpose?

FNIS warns you about a possible problem. Whether that really is a problem, i cannot tell, without knowing what that means for FNIS, which i can hardly know without knowing how FNIS exactly works, which i can hardly know unless i can see the source code, or unless i am the person who wrote it, which i am not (and neither are you).
Now i assume, if the person who wrote the SW deemed it important enough to display that WARNING, then it probably should be addressed.

 

Here is some new for you: Warnings can, and often do, lead to Errors.

The logical and objectively best approach is to fix whatever comes first, especially if you do not know the innerworkings of the SW (which neither of us here do).
In this case a warning comes first, and you do not know if whatever triggers that warning can be also causing errors somewhere down the line - be it (yes, unlikely) the error described by the one and only error message you see, or any other errors you may not even know about.
 

 

 

8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:
16 hours ago, Roggvir said:

And if FNIS complains about "not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory", then that suggests the required registry information is missing or contains incorrect path.

No it does not. Fore put that in because he has a thing about piracy. It's mentioned on the FNIS description page IIRC. It has nothing to do with an incorrect installation. I played Skyrim for 5 years with that message. I didn't change it because I didn't need to.

How do you KNOW? Where does the author of FNIS say the message can be ignored?
If that wasn't causing you issues in your setup, doesn't mean it cannot cause issues on somebody elses.
Only the author of FNIS could tell us, whether we can always ignore the warning, and until that happens, i do not think it shouldn't be ignored.

 

If you want a working system, you don't cherry pick the problems to fix, you fix all the problems you know about.

Link to comment

omg-what you are doing here?...

Upstairs is one waiting for a solution: it has been said but it suddenly got wasted in the ocean of extraordinary conversation....

Switch please some few animation-mods off-no need to deinstall something, run FNIS and check if you successful can let run it. Then go into the game and look what is happening there.

If that works you can try to exchange FNIS with a version, which allows to generate more idles into your game.

And if that ´s not working, you have to look and find out if your mod-list of animation-related mods is suiting to it´s behavior-files.

That message of FNIS is also happening, if the game is working apart from the steam-folder or if you copy your game and put it somewhere else. If you want to get rid of that message, you have to let steam again get control onto your game for an integ.-check of the game-files. Has been a little too much precision-work of FORE. After that is done you can again play with the game in offline-mode.

You can at first check your configuration with ZAP 7 for a first check. It ´s more easy to install. But always check your files if the mod manager has deinstalled what you wanted to drop with it-a manual check is a good choice.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...