Home key teleports actor to me, no menu comes up

I had to reinstall several mods due to a CTD issue, but AAF was working fine before that (the issue wasn't related to AAF). Now when I press the Home key next to a female NPC, a nearby actor (always male) teleports in front of me, but nothing else happens. I don't get the usual menu where I can start a scene, choose actors, etc. The actor who teleports to me unequips his outfit, but not his armor, hat, glasses, etc.

I confirmed that F4SE is installed properly and that other F4SE mods are working. I confirmed that AAF is installed, as well as the basic animation pack and Atomic Lust. I reinstalled a new variant of all three (AAF, animations pack, and Atomic Lust) in Vortex. No change in-game, though. Given that I finally have my game stable again, I'm hesitant to start reinstalling or resetting anything else. Does anyone know what would be causing this issue?

Note: When it comes to equipment, I had it set before where hats, glasses, & necklaces stayed on, but everything else was unequipped. Not sure why that would've changed.

1 hour ago, Omegacron said:

I had to reinstall several mods due to a CTD issue, but AAF was working fine before that (the issue wasn't related to AAF). Now when I press the Home key next to a female NPC, a nearby actor (always male) teleports in front of me, but nothing else happens. I don't get the usual menu where I can start a scene, choose actors, etc. The actor who teleports to me unequips his outfit, but not his armor, hat, glasses, etc.

I confirmed that F4SE is installed properly and that other F4SE mods are working. I confirmed that AAF is installed, as well as the basic animation pack and Atomic Lust. I reinstalled a new variant of all three (AAF, animations pack, and Atomic Lust) in Vortex. No change in-game, though. Given that I finally have my game stable again, I'm hesitant to start reinstalling or resetting anything else. Does anyone know what would be causing this issue?

Note: When it comes to equipment, I had it set before where hats, glasses, & necklaces stayed on, but everything else was unequipped. Not sure why that would've changed.

1. Uninstall Bag of Dicks as it is incompatible with AAF and causes the issue with the Home key

2. Go back through the guide (If by "Basic animation pack", you mean that you've installed the "Basic Theme", this is the wrong theme)

Edited by Sgt. Marge
Clarity
On 9/19/2022 at 4:16 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

1. Uninstall Bag of Dicks as it is incompatible with AAF and causes the issue with the Home key

What does that mean? Is that an actual mod name? Because I definitely don't have anything called that.

UPDATE: I completely uninstalled AAF, Atomic Lust, LL_FourPlay_Community_Plugin, and the AAF Basic Themes Pack. I went through the guide, line by line, downloaded completely new versions of everything using the links provided in the guide. Installed the extended skeleton, AAF, the Vanilla/Kinky/Creatures animations, Atomic Lust, FO4_Animations_by_Leito, the Ultimate AAF Patch, then built the BodyTalk body. All of that... and I'm having the same issue.

UPDATE 2: After a little further troubleshooting, I don't think AAF is loading at all. I don't get the usual loading dialog after loading my save game (usually says AAF 68% loaded). I turned on debug in the ini settings and I'm not getting the "white text" debug dialog either. I confirmed that AAF.esm and all other related plugins are loaded. Reinstalled F4SE just in case, but that didn't fix it either.

Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

Edited by Omegacron
On 9/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, Omegacron said:

What does that mean? Is that an actual mod name? Because I definitely don't have anything called that.

UPDATE: I completely uninstalled AAF, Atomic Lust, LL_FourPlay_Community_Plugin, and the AAF Basic Themes Pack. I went through the guide, line by line, downloaded completely new versions of everything using the links provided in the guide. Installed the extended skeleton, AAF, the Vanilla/Kinky/Creatures animations, Atomic Lust, FO4_Animations_by_Leito, the Ultimate AAF Patch, then built the BodyTalk body. All of that... and I'm having the same issue.

UPDATE 2: After a little further troubleshooting, I don't think AAF is loading at all. I don't get the usual loading dialog after loading my save game (usually says AAF 68% loaded). I turned on debug in the ini settings and I'm not getting the "white text" debug dialog either. I confirmed that AAF.esm and all other related plugins are loaded. Reinstalled F4SE just in case, but that didn't fix it either.

Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

If you still need help, please visit the AAF discord. 

Edited by Sgt. Marge
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 3:31 PM, Omegacron said:

I have the exact same trouble i dont know what to do, would you be so kind sharing your solutions ? 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, Elperro66 said:

I have the exact same trouble i dont know what to do, would you be so kind sharing your solutions ? 

Thanks

Never found one, sorry. Since I'm almost done with this playthrough, I gave up on it. Someone on another forum suggested I might have too many scripts trying to load, which I guess is possible - I have almost 800 mods loaded. My gut tells me it's something else, though, because every other mod is working just fine.

• 3 weeks later...