Squares instead of letters (SOLVED)

2 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

You probably have a Mod installed that's either Asian or russian (or any other language not using latin alphabet)

Which changes stuff it shouldn't. Either get rid of it,clean it, or translate it

> I have no such mod, at least I am not aware of it. My Prince installed all mod sin English. I'll tell him, but ...

9 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I have no such mod, at least I am not aware of it. My Prince installed all mod sin English. I'll tell him, but ...

Then one of these mods changes the font of some Letters in certain Parts, like for most your Races apparently. Or the game is set to another language that can't handle the Font. I think I remember having some of those Problems when using Russian Mods that weren't properly translated into english. This can happen sometimes.  So he would need to find which mod mind do it. But should be easy enough since you Guy's are looking for anything that might originally was russian, japanese, chinese and so on.

Even got a Mod that uses Letters like Ä Ö Ü since the english Language doesn't have those it' shown as a Square

Edited by Gukahn
3 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Then one of these mods changes the font of some Letters in certain Parts, like for most your Races apparently. Or the game is set to another language that can't handle the Font. I think I remember having some of those Problems when using Russian Mods that weren't properly translated into english. This can happen sometimes.  So he would need to find which mod mind do it. But should be easy enough since you Guy's are looking for anything that might originally was russian, japanese, chinese and so on.

Even got a Mod that uses Letters like Ä Ö Ü since the english Language doesn't have those it' shown as a Square

> I see, I will tell him. Would it help if I post the load order?

that's skyrim modding in a Nutshell, no matter how often you did it in the past or for how long. Once you take a break and start over again, you are bound to encounter problems with things you never had before.

AE huh? He has to make sure SKSE is updated after the newest update or downgrade to a earlier version or he will get his next frustrating moment when He try's to install things for that.

What now comes is complet theory, I'm sorry if what I'm writing now is not helpful at all, but from what I see in the LO,  is it maybe possible that a mistake happened while installing Race Compatibility?  I think this came for different languages in the FoMod yes? If so, just throw it out real quick to see if it is the offending Mod. Maybe he just clicked on the wrong language here.

If it's not it, I hope someone else can point in the right Direction later

(another theory before downgrading or whatever..Maybe try to change the game language really quick from english to none english and back? The game should reinstall the fonts when doing that)

Edited by Gukahn
16 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Cause there are AE Mods in the LO. Nobody wastes money for fishing ?

> My Prince says that there are no AE mods, but AE overwritten files when downgrading Skyrim. he i still trying to find out where is the problem. Except of that, the game works fine. :)

9 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> My Prince says that there are no AE mods, but AE overwritten files when downgrading Skyrim. he i still trying to find out where is the problem. Except of that, the game works fine. :)

Not really. I had downgraded a very long time ago myself. There is no mentioning of AE mods in my LO. He should check again.Maybe I'm incorrect since it's been so long

The 4-2-5b (last before AE according to my documentation) version has been deleted from the Nexus, just checked their API.

Here's my copy however:

*gone*

Link will disappear in ~6 hours.

Edit: In case someone is interested, the entry for 4-2-5a exists, but the file itself is deleted.

Spoiler

{
      "id": [
      ],
      "uid": 7318624480248,
      "file_id": 207864,
      "name": "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch",
      "version": "4.2.5a",
      "category_id": 6,
      "category_name": null,
      "is_primary": false,
      "size": 153526,
      "file_name": "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch-266-4-2-5a-1623034459.7z",
      "uploaded_timestamp": 1623034459,
      "uploaded_time": "2021-06-07T02:54:19.000+00:00",
      "mod_version": "4.2.5a",
      "external_virus_scan_url": "https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/3bcd7abbde7ac10d00543257a759274616a8f54d93ccf65e43f4eaaaf4d172c1/detection/f-3bcd7abbde7ac10d00543257a759274616a8f54d93ccf65e43f4eaaaf4d172c1-1623034508",
      "description": "",
      "size_kb": 153526,
      "size_in_bytes": 157210344,
      "changelog_html": null,
      "content_preview_link": "https://file-metadata.nexusmods.com/file/nexus-files-s3-meta/1704/266/Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch-266-4-2-5a-1623034459.7z.json"
    },

Edited by traison
55 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Cause there are AE Mods in the LO. Nobody wastes money for fishing ?

If you speak of curios and fishing and such, I have those too, and most certainly run 1.5.97...lol

It's the "best of both worlds", apparently. :P

No way I'd pay for fishing...lol

• Evaloves4 changed the title to Squares instead of letters (SOLVED)
  • 4 months later...