Y'all think there will ever be a game that replaces skyrim as the king on this site?

3 minutes ago, outcast said:

I don't know, maybe I am old-fashioned but insane levels of level-scaling in pretty much all modern games is an absolute deal-breaker for me, it just breaks immersion - why the hell everyone around me becomes stronger as I am becoming stronger? It just doesn't make any sense. But in Skyrim it can be fixed at least unlike pretty much all other games.

I play at max difficulty with all games I could only satisfy My Skyrim by having my game set at level 60 with me being at level one stats to start the game so everyone is 60 levels above me everything levels in my game. Zero Dawn does a great job with difficulty and at the end of the day it is your choice if you use stronger armor or weapons... just because they are there does not mean you have to use them.

On 4/11/2023 at 8:11 PM, Swiftstep said:

Did anybody bet on TES6?

Didn't read much here. Just wondering. Sequel would be a logical assumption.

By the time it gets a release some of us will no longer be around. No point getting exited about shit you'll never experience.

Vor 3 Minuten sagte belegost:

Bis es veröffentlicht wird, werden einige von uns nicht mehr da sein. Es hat keinen Sinn, sich über Scheiße aufzuregen, die Sie nie erleben werden.

I'll be 61 in a few days

in my current blog story, my "ME" will die in 10 years in an intensive care unit - with an experimental VR system on my head...

...I get killed by the dragon in Helgen in the simulation ... and "thanks" to feedback because of my weak heart also in my future (local) reality

So what's the point of getting excited about games that don't exist yet - when you can die from an ancient game in the future

?

On 9/2/2022 at 12:33 AM, Thornagar said:

Does anyone think or have an idea about a game that might surpasse skyrim one day on this website?

Highly doubt it... there's just so many mods and animations for skyrim it would be a lot of work to catch up. If that happens it won't be anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, Vyru said:

Highly doubt it... there's just so many mods and animations for skyrim it would be a lot of work to catch up. If that happens it won't be anytime soon. 

I'm pretty sure I remember people saying the same thing about Oblivion when Skyrim loomed on the horizon.

13 minutes ago, DocClox said:

I'm pretty sure I remember people saying the same thing about Oblivion when Skyrim loomed on the horizon.

I definitly won't complain if you're right! ?

But last thing i've read was elder scrolls 6 will be released 2026 at the earliest... 

Edited by Vyru
20 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Depends if they are going to hand the keys over like they did the last games. However, will anybody really be interested?  There are some really good games out that are right out of the box and they have everything Skyrim or Bethesda will never have a true engine that runs. I have been playing Horizon Zero Dawn forbidden west and the game play is unbelievable it has combat that Bethesda could only dream of  with all the mechanics you could every want. No load screens no lag no glitches it is hands down the best game I have ever played. So I think it is desire that mods games.... games only been getting better and developers are really making their games top notch so much so that mods really don't become a thought....JMO

Good point - but don't forget the fanbase. It may be speculation, but why do games like Witcher 3 & CP69 (what's the year? I forgot, I don't care :)) with their hype train receive so few mods? Yeah, it's bugged as heck, but isn't Skyrim too? If you attract customers only, you will not get mods - but the creative & productive modding scene? They are still active on Beth games - and nearly nowhere else (going by Nexus statistics).

Of course, if they shut their game down to modding, we're all screwed. True. So, let's wait and hope. Personally, I'm not in the age to be hyped anymore.. at least I can't remember the last thing I was hyped by (concerning games).

8 minutes ago, Swiftstep said:

why do games like Witcher 3 & CP69 (what's the year? I forgot, I don't care :)) with their hype train receive so few mods?

Well they never did release a modding tool for W3, so far as I'm aware. They did release REDmod for CP77, but the hype train was long dead by that point.

1 hour ago, DocClox said:

Well they never did release a modding tool for W3, so far as I'm aware. They did release REDmod for CP77, but the hype train was long dead by that point.

Cyberpunk kinda sucked imo... great idea, definitly some potential but idk... gameplay felt kinda... incomplete? City felt kinda liveless..  can't point my finger at it but i couldn't get into it. I wanted to like the game but i quit after like 20h 

15 hours ago, DocClox said:

It was only 5 years between Skyrim and Oblivion. And it was 12 years since Skyrim was released already and probably will be about 8 years more until TES6 will be released what gives us about 20 years between Skyrim and TES6.