Schlongs of Skyrim AE - No DLL Version

On 10/29/2022 at 6:47 PM, FilthAccount said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a5fd39e4e108653e18055bd5e41b605d.jpegHey folks. This mod has worked great for me, but now all of a sudden I see this. I still see the schlong just fine, but all males have this both during animations and while generally naked. I have no idea why. Any ideas?

Did you try going into the MCM and setting equipment to naked? That usually does the trick if undies randomly show up. 

20 hours ago, absar107 said:

this still doesn't work for me, I'm on version 1.6.353 and whenever I start a new game (alternate start) or load a previous save it just crashes

Okay now I got it to load without crashing but now everytime I go naked the game crashes

On 10/30/2022 at 2:47 AM, FilthAccount said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a5fd39e4e108653e18055bd5e41b605d.jpegHey folks. This mod has worked great for me, but now all of a sudden I see this. I still see the schlong just fine, but all males have this both during animations and while generally naked. I have no idea why. Any ideas?

As far as i can see it only happens with nords, and it happens with the normal SOS too. Don't know yet why.

The Essence of the Troll potion doesn't work anymore in 1.6.640 :c It worked as intended in 1.6.353 back in March (I had a 7 months break from Skyrim) but I recently updated to .640 and now the troll potion has no effect.

If you didn't know, the Essence of the Troll makes your genitals disappear, but not like leaving a hole instead, more like becoming a Barbie&Ken doll. It was most likely added as a joke by the original authors of SOS.

You might be thinking "What's the big deal if a feature that was simply a joke doesn't work anymore ?" Well actually, that feature was very useful to me, because it allowed me to play as a male character without a dick, in a very simple way, without the need of another mod. I want to play as a male character but only in a female position in animations, and some animations look really weird if you can still see the dick of the guy in the female position. With this, I could at least imagine that he had a vagina, that he was a trans boy or something.

I know that my problem is extremely niche, and that I'm probably the only person on the entire LoversLab to be concerned by this. But if someone could look at it, or tell me of a way to have a vagina-looking schlong, I would be extremely grateful ❤️
(I tried the Slit schlong from Bad Dog Hoodies, but it's actually broken, it forces my SexLab gender back to male and there's nothing I can do about it)

So, I have no idea how to fix any of the problems people are having but what I personally did to get my modded game working again was downgrade the .exe file to 1.6.353. Though, that also means that all your other mods (SKSE, any libraries, etc.) need to be on the previous version as well. This fixed it and made it playable. No errors so far but I don't play very often either. I followed the instructions here: 

Using this I no longer get DLL errors and can launch the game without crashing but every race is wearing underwear instead of schlongs, They're wearing underwear even when they have clothes on. In my MCM menu I have no options for genitals for my character to switch to. Changing the load order with Racemenu will give me the SOS sliders, but still wearing underwear. I don't know what's overwriting this other than that.

20221113145523_1.jpg

20221113145402_1.jpg

image.png

On 11/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, spookyspaghetti said:

Using this I no longer get DLL errors and can launch the game without crashing but every race is wearing underwear instead of schlongs, They're wearing underwear even when they have clothes on. In my MCM menu I have no options for genitals for my character to switch to. Changing the load order with Racemenu will give me the SOS sliders, but still wearing underwear. I don't know what's overwriting this other than that.

20221113145523_1.jpg

20221113145402_1.jpg

image.png

@spookyspaghetti I'm real new to all of this. I'm using GoG Skyrim SE/AE 1.6.659.0.8 with MO2. I have a lot of the same problems as everyone else and checking all angles I can think of. The mods I have loaded, the load order, etc. I will be checking in here regularly until I get it fixed or I give it up (which I usually don't do). If I find a fix, I will post it. I am curious about your MCM menu and where it came from. Was it from SkyUI? I've been reading on that also and trying fixes, I still haven't gotten that straightened out yet. Any info would help.

Good luck to you. I haven't felt like such a "newbie" in a long time.

My game is Skyrim SE/AE GOG 1.6.659.0.8 and skse being SKSE64 2.2.3 rel 6
I've installed Mod Organizer 2.4.4 and downloaded Mod Organizer 2.4.x-6194-1-7-0-1665206954.zip, a patch from nexusmods.com. (apparently, I did not get it installed properly).
   I installed 'Schlongs of Skyrim' and never had anything except a hollow space where everything should have been. I was about to get a complex about having a male character, he did not even have underwear.
   Another thing I didn't have was an MCM menu, just Skyrim's default menu. I've had a few other issues, but it's been crazy trying to keep track of it all. I feel like I have been running in circles chasing ghost.
   After reading lots of posts in at least 6 forums and watching days worth of Youtube videos, I've made some progress.
   I went back to the Nexus MO2 page and began reading the posts again, rechecked my install, made a 2nd attempt at installing the patch mentioned above. I had to extract it, then copy and paste 'game_skyrimse.dll' into '/MO2/plugins' to overwrite the existing .dll. After, I started MO2, selecteded 'SKSE' and hit 'Run' to fire off Skyrim. I was surprised when it actually started, I expected bad things.
   After a few times of doing this, a new thing would initialize here and there, I now have MCM menu, several things were recognized as quest fulfillments, my character has UNDERWEAR (nothing under that but OK, thank goodness for underwear). Over 700 'saves' were lost, OK - I'm good, and I have actually made progress, I may be able to get a few other things lined out now that one of the earliest things I added for my game had caused several of the problems.
   Skyrim is a very complex program and difficult to troubleshoot. 1 problem equals several possible causes, each additional problem compounds it all.
   Forgive me for the length of this, I just hope a few others may find it helpful with their own problems. I've been playing this on a PC for a month and a half. I'm still quite new to this experience.

8 hours ago, Boris.22 said:

My character has UNDERWEAR (nothing under that but OK, thank goodness for underwear

Are you sure that when you installed SOS in MO2, you installed at least one of the three included schlong addons ?

image.png.316413b6153b87908fb2cdd004e51243.png

If you did not, well of course you won't have any schlong to wear, therefore the only option in the MCM is the no schlong (underwear) option. If you installed one of the schlongs, you should be able to manually choose one in the Schlongs of Skyrim MCM, if you don't get one automatically.

Also, another thing you should know about modding Skyrim is that you HAVE to run LOOT basically every time you change something about your mods. I'm not even going to explain to you why you need it, just install and use it. I really can't find a reason why anyone would mod a Bethesda game without using LOOT.
Another tip that will make it a lot easier for you to test mods on new saves is using LAL , but that's only a personal suggestion, purely optional. Adding a mod on an existing save is usually fine, unless stated otherwise by its author. It's the opposite that you should never do, under any circumstances. NEVER ever uninstall a mod containing a plugin (.esm / .esp / .esl files) from an existing save. Even if the author claims that it's safe to do so. Just don't. It's one of the golden rules of modding.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:48 PM, Boris.22 said:

My game is Skyrim SE/AE GOG 1.6.659.0.8 and skse being SKSE64 2.2.3 rel 6
I've installed Mod Organizer 2.4.4 and downloaded Mod Organizer 2.4.x-6194-1-7-0-1665206954.zip, a patch from nexusmods.com. (apparently, I did not get it installed properly).
   I installed 'Schlongs of Skyrim' and never had anything except a hollow space where everything should have been. I was about to get a complex about having a male character, he did not even have underwear.
   Another thing I didn't have was an MCM menu, just Skyrim's default menu. I've had a few other issues, but it's been crazy trying to keep track of it all. I feel like I have been running in circles chasing ghost.
   After reading lots of posts in at least 6 forums and watching days worth of Youtube videos, I've made some progress.
   I went back to the Nexus MO2 page and began reading the posts again, rechecked my install, made a 2nd attempt at installing the patch mentioned above. I had to extract it, then copy and paste 'game_skyrimse.dll' into '/MO2/plugins' to overwrite the existing .dll. After, I started MO2, selecteded 'SKSE' and hit 'Run' to fire off Skyrim. I was surprised when it actually started, I expected bad things.
   After a few times of doing this, a new thing would initialize here and there, I now have MCM menu, several things were recognized as quest fulfillments, my character has UNDERWEAR (nothing under that but OK, thank goodness for underwear). Over 700 'saves' were lost, OK - I'm good, and I have actually made progress, I may be able to get a few other things lined out now that one of the earliest things I added for my game had caused several of the problems.
   Skyrim is a very complex program and difficult to troubleshoot. 1 problem equals several possible causes, each additional problem compounds it all.
   Forgive me for the length of this, I just hope a few others may find it helpful with their own problems. I've been playing this on a PC for a month and a half. I'm still quite new to this experience.

Ok so if MO2 and skse is new for you you probably also want to get a body replacer (most use some variant of UNP or CBBE, I use CBBE 3BBA). You might want to look at the sticky post about general mod install order and everything.

MO2 works in such a way that each instance is isolated from the main game. The only hard coded file in the actual game folder should be something like skse and maybe an engine fix. That’s why the other saves don’t show up, they’re in a different file location.

The MCM menu is from skyui yes.

What I would personally suggest is to go through basic mod install instructions and test the game periodically as you’re going through it to make sure each section is working.

Plan on dedicating a few hours to get a full mod set properly working.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, dimfuc353 said:

Is there an SE version of no dll SoS? or does this work out of the box for SE?

In theory it should work. It’s basically sos se but all done via papyrus script instead of dll file. I don’t know why you wouldn’t just use the old se version though if you downgraded to that already.

Thanks for the responses and information. This GOG version is so new it will take time for things to get it included. I'm so new to modding it will take me a while to catch up. LOL. I need a Modders Guide for Dummies.

I have been trying to educate myself, hunting for guides to read and basic level videos.

Getting off on a bad start by not having MO2 set up correctly really set me back, and it took a lot of time to realize I had that problem. I tried to learn about all of this prior to getting the game, so I would have a good idea of what I needed to do. Somehow, I missed a few key pieces of info. The suggestions that have been made will help a great deal.

Hi and thank you so much for your work

I play on AE 1.6.640.08 (SKSE64 2.2.3 rel 6, install the papyrus thing of Erstam, the original mod and your file : and everything seems to work! underwears, the 3 schlongs, physics, etc...

My only problem is that there's no values in "Genitals" part in Racemenu (only one : "SoS Erection")

Even if all the MCM options are there, i can't modify the shape of the genitals of my character

Someone knows how to get my values back in Racemenu so i can change the size of the schlongs ?

Thanks again to everyone working on this you're all amazing

4 hours ago, Crese1947 said:

Do the addons and patches for the original SOS work with this version?

If they're for the SE version then they should. Mine do. 

3 hours ago, bonheur-supreme said:

Hi and thank you so much for your work

I play on AE 1.6.640.08 (SKSE64 2.2.3 rel 6, install the papyrus thing of Erstam, the original mod and your file : and everything seems to work! underwears, the 3 schlongs, physics, etc...

My only problem is that there's no values in "Genitals" part in Racemenu (only one : "SoS Erection")

Even if all the MCM options are there, i can't modify the shape of the genitals of my character

Someone knows how to get my values back in Racemenu so i can change the size of the schlongs ?

Thanks again to everyone working on this you're all amazing

Glad it worked (mostly)! One thing to note before anything else though, is that this is the full complete version of Erstam's work combined with SOS SE. This is meant to be a dummy-proof install (needed for myself specifically). No need to add extra to it. 

On the RaceMenu question, sorry but I don't really know. I personally downgraded (slightly) because too many of my mods were reliant on the old version 1.6.353. Perhaps someone with more technical skill can pop in and help out.

So what im gathering is that were all having the same race menu issue but the general consence is f*** it no way to update it so move on. i'm not going to down grade all 200+ mods just because nobody seems to care. like the hell happened AE comes out and half the community say f*** it retired no more mod updates.

SOLVED: You just have to go into your mod orgenizer's plug in tab and uncheck SOSRacemenu.esp this will turn the size option back on in the MCM. 

Edited by laggz13
Solved the problem.
6 hours ago, laggz13 said:

So what im gathering is that were all having the same race menu issue but the general consence is f*** it no way to update it so move on. i'm not going to down grade all 200+ mods just because nobody seems to care. like the hell happened AE comes out and half the community say f*** it retired no more mod updates.

SOLVED: You just have to go into your mod orgenizer's plug in tab and uncheck SOSRacemenu.esp this will turn the size option back on in the MCM. 

You're free to update the mod yourself if you feel strongly about it :)

10 hours ago, laggz13 said:

I've been hunting for answers for a while. I'm going to try disabling SOSRacemenu.esp before I go farther. 

I have just found something new that has been posted, supposed to help fix SOS for AE. It is here on LoversLab.

"Schongs Of Skyrim For AE 629 - Repak of SOS and Papyrus - No DLL needed 1.0.0 1.0.0"

Discovered a game breaking issue with this mod which I didn't have with the original dll version. When reverting back to human from Vampire Lord form your schlong disappears forever.. Setting it again in the SOS MCM doesn't work, opening RaceMenu doesn't bring your schlong back, changing cells or reloading your save doesn't fix it, restarting SOS doesn't restore your schlong either. And every other male NPC has a schlong btw. The only way I fixed this was to reinstall the old dll version of SOS.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:05 PM, spookyspaghetti said:

20221113145523_1.jpg

20221113145402_1.jpg

image.png

Yeah I'm having the same issue

On 11/9/2022 at 2:19 PM, absar107 said:

Okay now I got it to load without crashing but now everytime I go naked the game crashes

Don't know if you are still having this issue, but assuming you do it's an issue with your skeleton. I dont know if it's XP32 or SoS its one or the other I recommend running them both individualy to see which one is causing the issue. If its an XP32 issue it should tell you in the top left if something is wrong look out for a message starting with the name of the mod author Groovtama.