[MONSTER-GIRL] coc 1.4 (PLAGUE.Patch 27.11.2013)

i have a problume i have necromancers moon amazon demonhive and angelic alliance but they all seem to cause my game to crash when i lvl up right after i coice my atrobutes it ctd and tthen if i try to disable one of them or all of them the save gettes broken and i cant load it. i would apreceate ant help people could give me to fix this issue.

hey im new and dont get on very often i downloaded this and i have lots missing textures and this mod made oblivion crash in like 8 different locations could someone please create a compiled file of this mod and all th necessary patches and any other tidbits from other mods i would need cause when i'm on th net its only for 2 or 3 days and then i wont b able 2 get back on the net anywhere from a week to six months so any help would b nice oh and mega is my pref dl

hey im new and dont get on very often i downloaded this and i have lots missing textures and this mod made oblivion crash in like 8 different locations could someone please create a compiled file of this mod and all th necessary patches and any other tidbits from other mods i would need cause when i'm on th net its only for 2 or 3 days and then i wont b able 2 get back on the net anywhere from a week to six months so any help would b nice oh and mega is my pref dl

In all honestly, even with all of the patches you will probably still crash like mad. The mod was never finished and conflicts with a lot of things, causing said crashes, and will probably never be finished, as the creator isn't part of the community anymore(for reasons not pertaining to this mod - and that I won't bother getting into).

Could we possibly get someone to edit the first post to get people to understand that the mod is incomplete/buggy, and possibly compile links together for people willing to risk it? Would probably save on at least 50% of the posts in the thread.

In all honestly, even with all of the patches you will probably still crash like mad. The mod was never finished and conflicts with a lot of things, causing said crashes, and will probably never be finished, as the creator isn't part of the community anymore(for reasons not pertaining to this mod - and that I won't bother getting into).

Could we possibly get someone to edit the first post to get people to understand that the mod is incomplete/buggy, and possibly compile links together for people willing to risk it? Would probably save on at least 50% of the posts in the thread.

It's true.

This mod causes all sort of troubles for several reasons:

1. Dirty assets: The vast majority of the meshes, especially gore & guro related assets, are very dirty. I had pyffied them all myself long ago, and I'd even seen some of them that their file sizes become 1/10 after pyffing and/or manual sanitizing, even though pyffi 2.1.11 tends to increase the file size because it triangulates the geometry. Uber large textures aren't irresponsible for this as well.

2. Missing assets: Missing textures or meshes rarely causes crash, but not never.

3. Numeric Editor ID's: Almost all of its editor ID's start with numbers, presumably because Triratna didn't use CSE and yet wanted to sort things up somehow. Such editor ID's yield very unpredictable results in game.

4. Dirty edits: Some of the items are actually identical, but separate object, and their assets are scattered all over the places even though they are basically same. Some vanilla contents have been modified for no apparent reason. 90% of its cosmetic assets/ 20~30% of the items,creatures,npcs are unused. Many of the included animation files are actually not needed but included, presumably because Tes4Files always extracts all the loose animation files.

5. Dirty scripts: They are mostly simple and will not likely give you headache while playing. But I definitely don't want to have such thing running once every frame in my game.

I'm not all hostile here.. I guess it's certainly a good thing to have such diversiy without gathering every individual mods guro, gore, outfits, etc. But everyone should be aware that they at least need to know what's going on in the back end before trying this mod (actually, any mod). If someone doesn't make sense any of the above things, this is not for you.

I use this mod as I would any other normal mod, and keep it activated through whole playthroughs without incident. I don't know what I did to have it run so stable, but I have NO problems whatsoever, sans the occasional missing texture. I've even CK'd parts of it into non-released seperate mods for my personal use, such as making some of the monster races playable :P

I use this mod as I would any other normal mod, and keep it activated through whole playthroughs without incident. I don't know what I did to have it run so stable, but I have NO problems whatsoever, sans the occasional missing texture. I've even CK'd parts of it into non-released seperate mods for my personal use, such as making some of the monster races playable :P

Firstly, which races?

Secondly, you should totally share your magical race mods with people.. like me... please?

Having had prior experience with the separate Monstergirl MODs, I approached this from a testing, compatibility and stability stance. Any compilation of other individual MODs can and often will contain flaws or issues. If you then add in other MOD author's MODs and/or resources, the issues become compounded.

The level of work required, to either rework the OP or worse the entire compilation is beyond any desire I have to do it. I left copious notes a couple or few pages back on what I discovered and had to fix as I reviewed it. Any of that can be used in the OP via a Moderator.

Some I didn't bother fixing as I knew at some point I'd be disabling the MOD, much like I did the previous Monstergirl MODs. I don't like the heavy duplication of resources, which are already available via vanilla resources or other MODs. Due to its incompatibility with the current LAPF, I'd never use it long-term. Just too much work to be bothered with.

If someone does step forward to take it over it should IMO be a new thread and this one archived and links eventually disabled. That way new members looking for it don't end up using outdated or broken resources.

Maybe someone should get a hold of the author first on deviant art or something to ask if they can release some fixes for the mod.

Another concern for instability is some of the creature suits minus the lapf incompatibilities. Not sure if it was just how heavy thier meshes were or if the game hates one-piece armor (which should be switched to clothing I think for that break armor mod).

Shame this big mod went the way of so many oblivion mods (like thieves' arsenal) and was unfinished with bugs.

First, and I'm not picking on anyone in particular. There is, as far as I know no LL member named 'someone'. (Feel free to create it if so compelled, but be warned you going to get a lot of work requests, lol.  :P ) So if members want this fixed and/or completed, volunteers need to step forward and just do it, instead of waiting for this 'someone' to do it, or worse endlessly writing about it.

The reason this MOD failed so miserably is that the individual MOD issues were never fully addressed, and way too piece meal IMO. If you combine ten individual bags of sirloin steak into one big bag, it doesn't magically turn into filet mignon. I even tried in the beginning to submit issue and bug reports for the individual MODs, some with fixes and was repeatedly ignored. So I moved on.

^ Lol true. Here I'm too busy with my own bugfest mod and more afraid of deviant art than nexus.

Even with that example many people are impressed with mere amount. Anyway, I think was a good attempt/concept all things considered.  I'm very easily impressed, so maybe not the best judge.

I do wonder what the source of the ghoul people txt/meshes were from.

What sorcery is this?!?!

i already tried fixing some of it's bugs, most of then are actually pretty easy to fix, but my constrution set refuses to save it, so i can't do much about it, and i think it would be better to start a new mod with it's assets and do somethig a bit different. Like, instead of doing a complete overhaul, do some dungeons like hentai mania, pick the ones that are not important to the campaing and add some new enmeis to it, or create some other new ones, this way would be easier for people to find the monsters and equippments they want and would be much easier to identify problems and would allow for quests to be easily created around the mod

i would like to start a mod like this, but my computer is not so good anymore (Blue Screen of the Death FTW)  and  i'll not get a new one so soon, but i might try doing something like it when i get it

@ skizzikbr - That is one flaw of the default Construction Set; not being able to save, but especially scripts. DL and install Construction Set Extender from Nexus. I recommend staying with the 5.xxx versions (OBSE up to 21), or 6.1 (OBSE 21 ONLY). Definitely stay away from the latest 6.xxx version as some of the UI Windows just plain suck.

^ Lol true. Here I'm too busy with my own bugfest mod and more afraid of deviant art than nexus.

Even with that example many people are impressed with mere amount. Anyway, I think was a good attempt/concept all things considered.  I'm very easily impressed, so maybe not the best judge.

I do wonder what the source of the ghoul people txt/meshes were from.

I'm not so easily impressed, any more. I also tend to really dig into and put a MOD through it's paces. MODs these days cringe with fear when I download them.  :P I've been told I'm good at breaking stuff.

I agree, it was a good concept. It was the implementation of it that went south. That and a lot of consolidation and cleanup should IMO have been done to the individual MODs first before combining them into a compilation. 

Anyway, I'm done ranting for today.

i use the construction set extender, it can save older versions of the mod, but with the latest ones it just crash when i try

i just have no idea why it does that, but i'll try with the 5.xxx versions to see if i can

I'm using 5.1 or 5.2 and it is very stable and no issues, other than a very rare lockup or crash. Usually me moving my mouse cursor too fast and it can't keep up, or clicking a button too many times.

Firstly, which races?

Secondly, you should totally share your magical race mods with people.. like me... please?

Here's an old post of mine from earlier in this thread 

And here's another.

What sorcery is this?!?!

Any time I come across something that makes the game crash, I find it in the CK and either fix it or zap it.

Any time I come across something that makes the game crash, I find it in the CK and either fix it or zap it.

About to make a new install of Oblivion after not having played it for several years and on the fence whether to risk running this mod or not. So if you could share some advice about how to best integrate it for minimum crashes, etc I'd appreciate it.

About to make a new install of Oblivion after not having played it for several years and on the fence whether to risk running this mod or not. So if you could share some advice about how to best integrate it for minimum crashes, etc I'd appreciate it.

Here you go!

If you see any 180px-Missing.jpg open console, click on it to identify, then look for it in the Construction Set to see what can be done.

Here you go!

If you see any 180px-Missing.jpg open console, click on it to identify, then look for it in the Construction Set to see what can be done.

Thank You!

also use Mod Organizer, it's safer than Nexus Mod Manager and woill not completely fuck up with your game instalation

I was actually planning to use good old Oblivion Mod Manager for my new install, given that from what I read the MO isn't without it's hickups either. Does OMM have any problems I am not aware of?

i still use OMM for some mods that i can't install with other mod managers (like MBP), but MO is usually safer, it doesn't install mods on your main game folder, so it's less likely o fuck it up. I can't tell you if OMM is bad or not, but MO allow you to create profile, wich is good, since you don't need to mess with saves of other characters with mods you don't want, specially with big mods that change many things like this one or other overhaul mods

I personally use Wrye Bash  in conjunction with LOOT and OBMM. I began modding Oblivion many many years ago, hence my occasional use of OBMM. It's also great for mods in the OMOD format, and has proven to be a rock-solid tool.