Potion Pouch

View File

Description

This mod gives you a convenient place to carry potions that you've set aside for use in combat.  You receive a lesser power to store potions in an invisible container.  MCM settings control the maximum capacity and weight factor for stored potions.

Compatible with SE.  It's just a simple ESP file with a few scripts.  It's small enough that it could be made into an ESL mod.

Background

I dislike the ease with which any and all potions in inventory are freely available during battles, but I don't want to use a heavy-handed mod that locks inventory in combat.  I decided that a character might reasonably carry a small number of potions in a pocket, tucked in the belt, and/or strapped to the arms or legs.  These potions would be accessible in combat.  All other potions would not be.  That vampire won't wait patiently while I rummage around in my backpack for the potion I need.

I used to keep a list of my "ready" potions on a piece of paper.  I would use only these in combat.  This was awkward, particularly with crafted potions that tend to all have the same name.  I built this mod to have a place in-game to keep my "ready" potions.  Using equip mode (pressing shift while clicking an item) on a potion in the container causes the character to drink it, so this was fairly convenient.  I added weight management so that potions in the virtual pouch are not weightless.

A secondary benefit of the potion pouch is not having to worry about accidentally selling the good combat potions when selling other ones.

Since this worked pretty well for me, I decided to clean it up, add an MCM, and make it available to others.

Considerations

- Use inventory "equip mode" (press shift while clicking) on a potion in the pouch to drink it directly from there.  This also works for poisoning weapons.  It's much more convenient than transferring a potion to your inventory and then having to find it to use it.

- You can't use a hotkey to drink potions that are in the pouch.

- Quests that look for a healing potion in your inventory, such as when you're talking to or reviving an NPC, won't see the ones in the pouch.

- Mods that rob the PC can't be aware of the potion pouch.  Your potions will still be in there even if you lose everything else.

- If you remove the mod, you'll lose any potions that were in the potion pouch.

Credit

The concept was inspired by the hidden pocket in the Body Search mod by Suzutsuki.

Permissions

You may use scripts from this mod in your own mod, as long as you offer your mod for free (no paywall, subscription, or paid membership).
You may not post this mod on another site.
You may post a translation of this mod.  I ask that you post that translation on this site, if possible.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/11/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

@HexBolt8 @factoryclose I have been thinking about the consideration involving potions being stolen, but not from the pouch. As well as handling someone secretly slipping one into the pouch, maybe a tainted one.

So is it possible please to add a modevent or some other method to allow potion(s) to by script be added and removed from the pouch, without user action? Useful also with your SLTR modification, as the owner may want to make sure potions in the pouch are ones they approve of. Also defeat mods would then be able, to still be able to rifle through the pouch. So the defeat mod user, would have to hope whether or not they are lucky at that time if they still have potion(s) in the pouch. Also Horrible Harrassment could also use this to slip, a tainted potion into the pouch.

This potion in some way could be used by Horrible Harrassment in its functionality, as an interesting twist.

Edited by Leoosp
24 minutes ago, Leoosp said:

So is it possible to add a mod or some other method to allow potion(s) to by script (modevent) be added and removed from the pouch, without user action?

Possible, yes, but highly doubtful that another mod would be interested in an insignificant mod like this one.

25 minutes ago, Leoosp said:

defeat mods would then be able, to still be able to rifle through the pouch.

That's an interesting idea.  Defeat does send a post-assault rob event.  Unfortunately, it does that immediately before robbing you, so I don't think this mod could respond quickly enough by emptying the pouch into inventory to make the potions available for stealing. 

I probably will add an option here to empty the pouch into inventory at the start of Simple Slavery.  Outcome mods would then be able to steal the potions, and SS++'s new feature to remove all items would remove them too.

16 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Possible, yes, but highly doubtful that another mod would be interested in an insignificant mod like this one.

That's an interesting idea.  Defeat does send a post-assault rob event.  Unfortunately, it does that immediately before robbing you, so I don't think this mod could respond quickly enough by emptying the pouch into inventory to make the potions available for stealing. 

I probably will add an option here to empty the pouch into inventory at the start of Simple Slavery.  Outcome mods would then be able to steal the potions, and SS++'s new feature to remove all items would remove them too.

Thanks for considering this. Though its not just stealing potions, I was also thinking of increasing or improving the sense of control when using "Submissive Lola: The Resubmission" (SLTR). This would be achieved by the SLTR modification having access to the pouch also, allowing for the owner when enslaved to utilise the pouch by adding and removing potions. Also if the slave (Lola) picks up a potion during training or afterwards which, the owner doesn't approve of (or wants for themselves alone) they can remove it if it's in the pouch. Also owner can give potions, if they feel the need for the pouch (added automatically).

Edited by Leoosp
7 minutes ago, Leoosp said:

Though its not just stealing potions, I was also thinking of increasing or improving the sense of control when using "Submissive Lola: The Resubmission" (SLTR).

I hear you, but SLTR doesn't have a potion control feature.  If I were to ever do that, then yes I'd probably include soft integration to find the potion pouch.

• 11 months later...

@HexBolt8

From a certain point of view, you're right. Accessing to unlimited number of potions is weird. But on the other hand... Using them is completely useless as well, because as you can see... There is a fight, the enemy has hurt you, you open the inventory calmly, drink the potion - of course, at that time, the whole fight has stopped and you do what you want and for as long as you want you regenerate your strength and return to the fight as if nothing had happened. All the wounds stick together and you're like a newborn.

I recommend this mod Injury and Recovery System or less drastic but also suspenseful SkyrimSouls - Unpaused Game Menus, which is an SKSE Plugin that can be installed and uninstalled at any time. It does NOT contain ESP which is very convenient for people who suffer from ADHD Moding Syndrome, like me. I have 794 mods in the current loadorde mod list. every ESP matters ;)

Edited by LenaLachrymosa