[Request] Returning to Skyrim, Suggest your mods!

So, I've decided to reinstall Skyrim. So I'm looking for good mods that will catch my eye.

Visually appealing, enjoyable, and the like. I'm not the type that likes extremely skimpy stuff, but things that actually make sense. Here's what I'm looking for...

• Custom Race that introduces a visually attractive bodytype and skin type. (Like Dark elves or something.)
  • Awesome armor and clothes that have a lot of thought going into their design and creation, like this armor I spotted in this screenshot.
  • Infrastructure mods for animations and other stuff that should be installed in case I acquire any mods that will require them?
  • Since I upgraded to an i7 3770k and Radeon 7970Ghz, I'd like to see what kind of graphics upgrade mods there are that are worth checking out.

Basically, what I want to do is make my first playthrough back in Skyrim after a year away to be very enjoyable. Please post your suggestions, and I'll check them all out!

Thanks. :)

-Kato

P.S. The reason I posted here is because I'm expecting there to be adult mod suggestions, too. :)

So, I've decided to reinstall Skyrim. So I'm looking for good mods that will catch my eye.

Visually appealing, enjoyable, and the like. I'm not the type that likes extremely skimpy stuff, but things that actually make sense. Here's what I'm looking for...

• Custom Race that introduces a visually attractive bodytype and skin type. (Like Dark elves or something.)
  • Awesome armor and clothes that have a lot of thought going into their design and creation, like this armor I spotted in this screenshot.
  • Infrastructure mods for animations and other stuff that should be installed in case I acquire any mods that will require them?
  • Since I upgraded to an i7 3770k and Radeon 7970Ghz, I'd like to see what kind of graphics upgrade mods there are that are worth checking out.

Basically, what I want to do is make my first playthrough back in Skyrim after a year away to be very enjoyable. Please post your suggestions, and I'll check them all out!

Thanks. :)

-Kato

Definetely do a bit of Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini tweaking first. Then install SKSE (http://skse.silverlock.org/) which is required for some good mods, it actually has an installer version now.

The most important ones would be Sky UI, RaceMenu, the official high resolution texture packs and the Unofficial Skyrim Patches (for Skyrim, Dawnguard, Dragonborn and the texture packs. Depending on how much memory your graphics card has available you can install Skyrim HD Lite or Full. Skyrim Flora Overhaul is awesome, too. But I don't think everybody likes the look of it. Enhanced Blood Textures is nice, too!

You can either use CBBE with the Bodyslide CB++ program or just go with UNP or UNPB. Both are awesome. There's plenty of skin textures for both of those and as this completely depends on your taste I can't really help you with that. You could take a look at Real Girls textures for UNP.

Good animation mods are Pretty Combat Idles, Pretty Female Idles and this package. You'll need to run the FNIS tool for those and others to work once after installation.

As for custom races and outfits, you will just have to browse through LL and the Nexus. :)