KURO NO KISEKI mod

kuro_freecam2.png.2ca06aa87de7b5ca2f28a548acd30a7b.png

Here is a new version of my free camera beta preview! 

UPDATED VERSION 1.0 HERE:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/194614-kuro-no-kiseki-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3837749

NO MORE VOMIT CAMERA!!!!!  Same as before, this is just a preview, there is no support and very few features.  Before asking questions, please see my FAQ here.

How to use:

Activate "Enable Camera Script" first!  Pressing Num 0 will turn the script on and off even if you do not check the enable box, but the camera will not work.  I have figured out how to prevent CE from crashing, but the downside is that there is nothing to tell you that it is not working.  CHECK THE BOX BEFORE PRESSING ZERO.

Hotkey : Num 0 (Toggle On/Off)

After activating the script player can use the following hotkeys (THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM MY OTHER SCRIPTS)
Num 8 : Forward
Num 5 : Backward
Num 4 : Left
Num 6 : Right
Num - : Up
Num + : Down

HOME KEY : Tilt Up
END KEY : Tilt Down
PAGE DOWN KEY : Pan Right
DELETE KEY: Pan Left

F1 : Decrease Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F2 : Double Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F3 : Quadruple Camera Speed (Press and Hold)

In case you're curious what I changed:

Spoiler

My math was wrong. I was moving the camera and the target in parallel which I should not have been doing (I thought the angle movements would be the same but they are not).  I also figured out how to pause instruction execution while writing to memory, so that the engine would not attempt to read values in the middle of updating the memory structure.

I no longer attempt to move the camera and the target together.  Now I just move the camera and then recalculate where the target should be.  The basic process is:

1. Read in the location of the camera and the target
  2. Do trigonometry to calculate the pitch, yaw and distance to target
  3. Either move the camera, or alter the pitch/yaw, depending on the key pressed
  4. Use the pitch, yaw and distance to calculate the new target location (more trigonometry)
  5. Pause the game, write all the numbers, unpause the game

The experience is MUCH smoother.  There is still a little bit of stutter, but no frame shifting anymore.  The tiny stutter now is from the steps the camera is taking.  I tried slowing the steps down 90% and speeding up the polling rate (equivalent to increasing FPS by 900%), but it was actually worse.

Due to correcting the math, I was able to re-implement diagonal movement.  I also locked the tilt to a range of -89.5 degrees to 89.5 degrees.  This prevents flipping the camera, which breaks the free cam.

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
On 8/4/2022 at 3:31 AM, jmedia7 said:

Agnes nude mod (replace swimsuit)

agnes full nude.7z 21.93 MB · 641 downloads

Agness nude mod leggings addon 

agness leggings nude.7z 9.11 MB · 17 downloads

Agnes short hair mod

agnes short hair.7z 196.49 kB · 67 downloads

Feri nude mod test (replace swimsuit)

feri nude swimsuit test.7z 14.39 MB · 384 downloads

*Requirements*: Fie and Feri bath towel nude mods on previous pages.

or adding this ini to the mods folder may work: nudemodshaders.7z

And ammorow28's unskirt mod.

1994539464_Screenshot2022-08-03160335.thumb.png.40942ff5a10d8358e87c566ce9bbcb94.png1660810364_Screenshot2022-08-03160218.thumb.png.89f9879120c6b0f72ba2bbc5c05b02c7.png

74205599_Screenshot2022-08-03160258.thumb.png.b811974b0e58e824c3485534a6cca7ed.png440934601_Screenshot2022-08-03160317.thumb.png.e0576704526ca2876b5555fdb17ee01c.png387496582_Screenshot2022-08-03160545.thumb.png.096078ea2e90ec3cc0822bc028c7ef7d.png

710236029_Screenshot2022-08-03193406.thumb.png.694443a04620fde2261f2a68cc6e50cb.png2116038415_Screenshot2022-08-03193428.thumb.png.b58c670edddfd7df08e7d813506c4db9.pngCapture.thumb.PNG.888d78be092231701f2a15306fd7e3c6.PNGpreview.thumb.png.6f1b7bda45f6f8c69efd1410eed2da9d.png

hello i'm new here, sorry to interupt...ummm, after i use this mod, one of agnes's costume got bugged...is there any way to fix this ?
thanks

image.png

41 minutes ago, SonicMan1234 said:

Use the other one.

oh, nice it's good...thanks
so the bugged one can't be repaired, yes ?
it would be nice tho, giving the lace swimsuit a little bit touch of modding
and sorry for asking too much, since i'm blind about modding stuff

image.thumb.png.40bba2b165d59e07eda30db5f5d541cc.png

I made Marielle.

Installation: 

1. Install 3DMigoto. You can get it from @amorrow28's post on the first page. If you don't want his UnSkirtMod then delete it from THE LEGEND OF HEROES KURO NO KISEKI\Mods.

2. Download one of the two models and extract it to THE LEGEND OF HEROES KURO NO KISEKI\Mods.

I did not test this at all aside from watching her stand next to this lamppost. Let me know if anything is broken.

Marielle_A.7z Marielle_B.7z

This model will not work in that one chapter 1 scene, but you can download a model that does work here.

Edited by coomi

Anybody know why I can't find Paulette's txt files for Blender? I tried looking up her hashes (cef09c3e for the clothes. de5aaa79 for the skin I think) but when I try and look them up in Blender I get nothing? I wanted to try to learn how to mod using her since I thought she was pretty.

kuro_freecam3.png.d61a8877fb3b7625b9ad8165b1965fbd.png

UPDATED VERSION 1.0 HERE:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/194614-kuro-no-kiseki-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3837749

Even smoother motion now, and no more sound stutter!  (Thank you to @woofhat.)  Hopefully also fixes some of the FPS issues.  The best part though?  No more needing to enable the script, just load and use!

Same as before, this is just a preview, there is no support and very few features.  Before asking questions, please see my FAQ here.

How to use:

Note: For users of prior versions, no need to check "Enable Camera Script" anymore!

Hotkey : Num 0 (Toggle On/Off)

After activating the script player can use the following hotkeys (THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM MY OTHER SCRIPTS)
Num 8 : Forward
Num 5 : Backward
Num 4 : Left
Num 6 : Right
Num - : Up
Num + : Down

HOME KEY : Tilt Up
END KEY : Tilt Down
PAGE DOWN KEY : Pan Right
DELETE KEY: Pan Left

F1 : Decrease Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F2 : Double Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F3 : Quadruple Camera Speed (Press and Hold)

Spoiler

Ok, so now I know the problem of developing with the sound off.  I had no idea there was sound stutter.  (I have now spent 33 hours in front of the steps at the beginning of the game - if I had the sound on I would go crazy!)  The game will always stutter if I pause and unpause the executable, no matter how fast I do it.  So the problem I had was figuring out how to write to the memory really fast, so that the game engine could not update in between writing.  Assembly is very fast, and Lua is comparatively slow.  So now I write all the values to a temporary memory buffer, then I write all the values at once using a single Lua command (effectively "switching to assembly" because while there is no single command to write 48 bytes to memory, the single command means the entire buffer is written in sequence).  This achieves the smoothness of pausing the game engine without actually pausing it.  In fact, since the game engine does not pause, the camera is even smoother than beta 2.

Second, I realized that since I figured out how to get the camera to start without crashing when the script had not yet been enabled, I no longer needed to wait for the camera memory addresses to be located.  The script could instead patiently wait for the memory address to complete.  It only polls every 10 milliseconds anyway, so it's very close to instant.  The camera will still do some strange things if you attempt to enable it while in the title screen etc, but at least it will not crash.  Finally, I figured out how to keep cheat engine from getting soft-locked into an endless loop if you quit the game before you turn off the free camera.  The camera will keep running if you quit the game (until you quit cheat engine), but the loop will not error so that Lua does not lock CE.

Enjoy, and keep reporting problems / bugs!

Edited by amorrow28
2 hours ago, SonicMan1234 said:

Anybody know why I can't find Paulette's txt files for Blender? I tried looking up her hashes (cef09c3e for the clothes. de5aaa79 for the skin I think) but when I try and look them up in Blender I get nothing? I wanted to try to learn how to mod using her since I thought she was pretty.

This is Paulette:

Spoiler

1050222386_2022-08-0715_10_23-output.png.bf88cd055e3328c97f87f6a08181f8a1.png

Spoiler

1792867835_2022-08-0715_09_55-Blender.png.2fe949feb2a8cb2533c1d815af0a945c.png

14 minutes ago, SonicMan1234 said:

Hmm. I still can't find her. Maybe I didn't dump her right because when I do 90-100 I get her husband. I'll try doing another frame dump.

You can’t use the index numbers, they are different every time. Use the IB hashes.

Edited by amorrow28
20 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

You can’t use the index numbers, they are different every time. Use the IB hashes.

Yeah my bad, I figured it out. Managed to get her in.

Though, quick question if it's not too much issue. I'm following the guide for skirt deletion, but since I'm trying to give her a nude body what do I do next? Do I just load in one of the bodies from Coomi's pack and line it up and then export it? Preferably I'd like to keep her shoes but I'd like to just get something in and done first so I understand the fundamentals. Edit: oh, and where does the injector come into play? Is that for swapping costumes or do I need that in general, and if so, when do I use it?

Edited by SonicMan1234
1 hour ago, SonicMan1234 said:

Yeah my bad, I figured it out. Managed to get her in.

Though, quick question if it's not too much issue. I'm following the guide for skirt deletion, but since I'm trying to give her a nude body what do I do next? Do I just load in one of the bodies from Coomi's pack and line it up and then export it? Preferably I'd like to keep her shoes but I'd like to just get something in and done first so I understand the fundamentals. Edit: oh, and where does the injector come into play? Is that for swapping costumes or do I need that in general, and if so, when do I use it?

Knowing what I know right now, she can’t be nude, unfortunately. Same with Renne and all the other girls without towel models, since there isn’t a mesh with all the necessary weight groups (bones). @woofhat, have you had any luck getting weight groups into a mesh that lacks them? I was told before to try the Atelier thread, but I had no luck.

The asset injection tool is to swap models. If you inject model A into model B, the game engine will load model B instead of A. (This does not require 3DMigoto or any other mod. All it does is rename files.)

Edited by amorrow28
7 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

Knowing what I know right now, she can’t be nude, unfortunately. Same with Renne and all the other girls without towel models, since there isn’t a mesh with all the necessary weight groups (bones). @woofhat, I know we talked about this a while ago, but have you had any luck getting weight groups into a mesh that lacks them? I was told before to try the Atelier thread, but I had no luck.

The asset injection tool is to swap models. If you inject model A into model B, the game engine will load model B instead of A. (This does not require 3DMigoto or any other mod. All it does is rename files.)

Ah, I see. Damn. Guess I'll wait then and just keep an eye out on the thread. I hope we can get nude NPCs like Renne and whatnot eventually.

Edited by SonicMan1234
19 minutes ago, SonicMan1234 said:

Ah, I see. Damn. Guess I'll wait then and just keep an eye out on the thread. I hope we can get nude NPCs like Renne and whatnot eventually.

If you are ambitious, you could try combining asset injection with mesh editing / replacement. For example, you could:

Inject towel Agnes (chr5001_c02) into Paulette (chr5310). This would result in a Paulette with her own face but Agnes’ body (including hair).

Transfer Paulette’s hair back to the mode using blender and 3DMigoto (will require weight transfer).

Replace the remaining part of the model with a nude mod.

I have no idea if it would work, but you could try it. Eventually we hope to have access to the source models via model unpacking, and perhaps then we could do more advanced modding. But even then, we may not be able to get the models back into the game since the folks that make the unpacking tools seem to have little interest in repacking or mods in general. (They mostly want to take the assets to use elsewhere, as far as I know.)

EDIT: Don’t give up, though! Just delete something and push it back into the game. You’ve come this far, you might as well learn the final steps. ?

Edited by amorrow28
15 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

If you are ambitious, you could try combining asset injection with mesh editing / replacement. For example, you could:

Inject towel Agnes (chr5001_c02) into Paulette (chr5310). This would result in a Paulette with her own face but Agnes’ body (including hair).

Transfer Paulette’s hair back to the mode using blender and 3DMigoto (will require weight transfer).

I have no idea if it would work, but you could try it. Eventually we hope to have access to the source models via model unpacking, and perhaps then we could do more advanced modding. But even then, we may not be able to get the models back into the game since the folks that make the unpacking tools seem to have little interest in repacking or mods in general. (They mostly want to take the assets to use elsewhere, as far as I know.)

EDIT: Don’t give up, though! Just delete something and push it back into the game. You’ve come this far, you might as well learn the final steps. ?

I'll try looking into the injection thing since I have time. Feel like waiting for more mods, especially jmedia's. Love your mods, since they keep that jiggle.

13 hours ago, adunsavior said:

Oh, wow, this is awesome.

By the way, did you make your own 3D nude model? The model you made for certain parts are crazy good. Would you mind sharing?

Many thanks

I currently have no intention of releasing the mod.

You can use other modder's.

It's better to learn to make your own.

4 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

kuro_freecam3.png.d61a8877fb3b7625b9ad8165b1965fbd.png

Kuro_freecam_betaversion3.CT 18.89 kB · 26 downloads

Even smoother motion now, and no more sound stutter!  (Thank you to @woofhat.)  Hopefully also fixes some of the FPS issues.  The best part though?  No more needing to enable the script, just load and use!

Same as before, this is just a preview, there is no support and very few features.  Before asking questions, please see my FAQ here.

How to use:

Reveal hidden contents

Ok, so now I know the problem of developing with the sound off.  I had no idea there was sound stutter.  (I have now spent 33 hours in front of the steps at the beginning of the game - if I had the sound on I would go crazy!)  The game will always stutter if I pause and unpause the executable, no matter how fast I do it.  So the problem I had was figuring out how to write to the memory really fast, so that the game engine could not update in between writing.  Assembly is very fast, and Lua is comparatively slow.  So now I write all the values to a temporary memory buffer, then I write all the values at once using a single Lua command (effectively "switching to assembly" because while there is no single command to write 48 bytes to memory, the single command means the entire buffer is written in sequence).  This achieves the smoothness of pausing the game engine without actually pausing it.  In fact, since the game engine does not pause, the camera is even smoother than beta 2.

Second, I realized that since I figured out how to get the camera to start without crashing when the script had not yet been enabled, I no longer needed to wait for the camera memory addresses to be located.  The script could instead patiently wait for the memory address to complete.  It only polls every 10 milliseconds anyway, so it's very close to instant.  The camera will still do some strange things if you attempt to enable it while in the title screen etc, but at least it will not crash.  Finally, I figured out how to keep cheat engine from getting soft-locked into an endless loop if you quit the game before you turn off the free camera.  The camera will keep running if you quit the game (until you quit cheat engine), but the loop will not error so that Lua does not lock CE.

Enjoy, and keep reporting problems / bugs!

Very good, you are the best!

2 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

I think your idea might have merit, at least in the hands of someone more capable. I managed to at least *change* Paulette's body, even if it is spaghetti now. I tried using the Estelle body but since the weights between the games are so different I just grabbed the Fie body/textures from Coomi's mod to use as testing since the weights would have already been updated. I would assume the issue here is Fie and Agnes's weight are different enough to cause issues? Not sure. And I didn't even touch the hair, so that's why she still has Anges's.

But, this is probably something someone with more experience should comment on and look into.

PauletteTest3.png

Edited by SonicMan1234
2 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Knowing what I know right now, she can’t be nude, unfortunately. Same with Renne and all the other girls without towel models, since there isn’t a mesh with all the necessary weight groups (bones). @woofhat, have you had any luck getting weight groups into a mesh that lacks them? I was told before to try the Atelier thread, but I had no luck.

I don't know much, maybe others have better insights.

It's not just towel models that can be made, others can too.
Just merge the various meshes that make up the body together, like this.

1.png.3e00d24f00933f7668bfac7bd39c4acb.png

It should be noted that this method is only applicable to KURO, and neither CS nor HAJIMARI is available.

It should be Falcom's care that it wants to take care of us modders.??

2 hours ago, woofhat said:

It should be noted that this method is only applicable to KURO, and neither CS nor HAJIMARI is available.

This is exactly what I did with Marielle so I can confirm that it works. I merged all of her meshes into her coat as it had the most vertex groups.

On 8/7/2022 at 7:20 PM, woofhat said:

Thank you @woofhat!  This should open the door to nude mods in Kuro for characters without towel costumes.  I know woofhat's post will probably be not enough detail for most people to immediately implement, so... tutorial time!  Let's port @coomi's nude mod to Renne, who does not have a complete mesh suitable for making a nude mod.

Index of my CS4 tutorials and where to find my mod:

(NOTE:  I'm not actually going to make a nude mod.  It is tedious and I don't have the motivation to do it.  But with this information, YOU can make one.  I hope you try it, and if you like what you make, I hope you share!)

First, set Blender, plugins and python scripts up.  I'm currently using Blender 2.93 LTS.  Basic instructions on setup at the top of this tutorial:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/page/13/#comment-3757792

Second, you want to know how to get a model into Blender in the first place.  Please try this tutorial here at least once, then come back:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/page/14/#comment-3767886.  Be sure to use my Kuro-specific merge and split tools (LL link here, but use GitHub link for latest version).  The latest version of my split tool assumes you are using the latest 3DMigoto that supports the Kuro-native DrawIndexedInstanced command (comes with UnSkirt v1.3 or newer).

Ok, let's go!

1. Get your model into Blender.  I'm not going to explain how to, please click the link above and follow steps 1-8.  The main difference is that you need to use my Kuro-specific merge / split tools (LL link here, but use GitHub link for latest version).

Spoiler

282654929_2022-08-0721_07_35-Blender.png.fe2bc39e3a7acc6a1fe3168631d8965d.png

2. Identify a mesh that is suitable for being the final replacement mesh.  This mesh should be skin!  Every mesh has a different shader, and you want to use one that will look good with a nude mod.  Please don't pick socks or something like that.  Here, you can see I am going to use index 000092.

Spoiler

1258505217_2022-08-0721_07_53-Blender.png.bcdfdda0378e4cece58d3e282415e30d.png

3. Delete all the parts of the head.  The nude mods only use the neck down.  Also delete all the extra trim pieces (like buttons, belts, etc) - BUT make sure to note down the index numbers of the trim meshes, because you will need to hide those.

Spoiler

82484286_2022-08-0721_08_29-Blender.png.f2ae7520e1d131ee492a57e60b826eb5.png

4. You can see here that now I am left with 5 meshes.  92 is the final mesh, and 96, 97, 98 and 99 will need to be merged in.

Spoiler

1220363146_2022-08-0721_08_42-Blender.png.14915bfc82e751b29900544750d3bc43.png

5. Click on the mesh you want to merge (#96 in my case), then SHIFT-click on the final mesh (#92, the final mesh).  The final mesh should be outlined in orange, and the mesh you want to merge into the final mesh should be outlined in red.  Now join the meshes by pressing Ctrl-J.  Repeat for all the remaining meshes, until you are left with only the final mesh.

Spoiler

1892341461_2022-08-0721_09_28-Window.png.67445e29349dd56f6c6ec4a4265de659.png

6. At this time, export the mesh [File -> Export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers (.vb + .ib)].  Put it in a folder inside your Mods folder.  Use my vb_split.py script to split the buffers.  It should create a skeleton ini file.

Spoiler

206952744_2022-08-0721_48_45-backup.png.21a7c8f53700b968b1a412757beab1d7.png

1797450226_2022-08-0721_48_57-backup.png.0b6487f64bf918409d1bca90460d07be.png

7. Go to your frame dump folder, and copy down all the IB and PS hashes for ALL the meshes you merged together.  You will need to disable the extra meshes, since they are now in your master mesh (so we will disable 96, 97, 98, 99).  We will also disable 100 and 101 (the buttons and tie clip).

Spoiler

1841292635_2022-08-0721_15_08-output.png.a2e4327a2260bb402008b1503b74a699.png

8. Edit your ini file.  For the first entry, use your final mesh (IB and PS hashes from #92).  Note: if you are using the 3DMigoto setup that comes with my UnSkirt mod, you can use run = CommandListActivate in place of all the manual shader overrides.  Also, my new split tool will now say "drawindexedinstanced = auto" - this is normal.

Spoiler

172257964_2022-08-2509_53_02-_D__Steam_steamapps_common_THELEGENDOFHEROESKURONOKISEKI_Mods_NudeModPro.png.c8684c16a2990a56960f7918965955da.png

For the remaining meshes (96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101), just put a handling = skip without any resource buffers.  Make sure to also activate the pixel shaders that are associated with them.  NOTICE that all the shaders are commented out - that is because UnSkirt mod already activated those.  Don't worry about checking while you edit this - when you load your mod you will get 3DMigoto errors and the errors will tell you which shaders you can delete from your ini file.  Also notice that TextureOverride_renne4 (#99) and TextureOverride_renne_trim2 (#101) do not have a corresponding shader entry.  That is because they share shaders with 92 and 100, respectively.

9. Load up Kuro and see if the model is intact!  If it is, you can move on.  Don't worry about the crazy textures, it's because every part of the model is using the texture from 92 now.  We won't be keeping this model.

Spoiler

550706489_2022-08-2509_56_47-NewSaveData.png.99f3fb8c76f3a919d40c6412375d4f6e.png

10. If you made it this far, you now have a working complete mesh that you can transplant to.  Here is my tutorial on how to move a nude mod from one character to another: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3786873

As a proof of concept, I did a quick transfer of coomi's Feri nude mod B.  (Yes, I know it looks terrible.  I'm not a nude modder, after all.  I also cheated, I used auto weight transfer which I generally do NOT recommend.  You can see odd deformities in her thighs where the weight transfer failed, for example.  Also, in the end, I used Agnes' texture; Feri's texture was the wrong color.)

Spoiler

877048792_2022-08-2509_23_13-NewSaveData.png.2cd179a46d3928bf5c47cf41abf3543a.png

If you want to mess with the files I made for this tutorial, here you go:

RenneTutorial.7z

(This is not a useable mod.  It is just the start of the modding process.  To make this a better mod, I would use the manual weight transfer method outlined in my CS4 tutorial.  Also, I would connect the neck to the head using manual vertex weight editing.)

EDIT:   Also, in retrospect, I probably should not have picked Renne.  She has 3 TEXCOORDs, with a complex UV map.  I loaded up the map again, and things were fine, however.  But in the interest of completion sake, I'll show how to deal with multiple UV maps by reducing them down to a single map.

Short tutorial on how to see the UV maps (You don't actually need to do this step, you can just delete / duplicate blindly, but this will allow you to see what you are doing - if you want to proceed blindly then just jump to step 10 and you will save a lot of time).

1. First, convert 00.dds to 00.png using paint.NET.  (Open, save as)

2. Go to the Shading Tab in Blender.

Spoiler

1026904816_2022-08-2508_58_13-Blender.png.16d0e9cda7fdeb715f3ccf468626166a.png

3. Add a new material

Spoiler

163534651_2022-08-2508_58_26-Blender.png.f6743d5d2199a15f09ff033bf92f9315.png

4. Drag 00.png to the workspace.

Spoiler

83471403_2022-08-2508_59_07-NudeModProofofConcept.png.ed5c3d7be36f9313b32f0630e2fdb539.png

5. Connect the color node of the PNG file to the base color node of the model by clicking on the PNG color node and dragging it to the base color node of the model.

Spoiler

1407506346_2022-08-2508_59_32-Blender.png.1bcc932da24fb85ca3cc62d6726f4a55.png

6. Notice how the model looks all wrong?  Kuro no Kiseki flips the UV map for some reason.

Spoiler

1017519039_2022-08-2509_46_15-Blender.png.2e1ae53fe9212adf5647c28bfca9f30a.png

7. Go back into Paint.NET and do a vertical flip and save the PNG.  (YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLIP THE DDS, THE IN-GAME ENGINE WILL FLIP IT FOR YOU.)

Spoiler

1128014946_2022-08-2509_01_28-_00.dds-paint_net4.3_12.png.d1fae78476178ecdcff1186841b2ef51.png

8. Delete the PNG material, and re-add it using steps 4-7.  Now the model looks correct!

Spoiler

2116107742_2022-08-2509_01_01-Blender.png.910e7dc68c4c3019e40b0e36522d5eb9.png

982866417_2022-08-2509_46_44-Blender.png.58839be1da5451fa97c17f4f3cb57cb9.png

9. Go to the UV Editing Tab.

Spoiler

480097877_2022-08-2509_00_08-Blender.png.e10ce030620376c92b6b3ba4ae0170d8.png

10. In the sidebar, click Object Data Properties and open up UV maps.

Spoiler

109695426_2022-08-2509_02_57-Blender.png.65082b4c24eae9a0e2cd5ddf3a25d475.png

11. Select and delete the second and third UV maps.  If you look at where they map, they're all wrong.

Spoiler

2036309137_2022-08-2509_41_01-Window.png.f3aa508be9345a6ce4e1a85c4d7f3400.png

12. Add two new maps, as Kuro expects 3 map buffers.  The names of the maps do not matter since we are injecting raw buffers.  Blender will make maps two and three identical to map 1, which is fine as most models have 3 identical maps anyway.

Spoiler

1270233967_2022-08-2509_41_17-Window.png.a37ab43cc795cafb70643459bc7f6fbf.png

13. Export and split, and load in the game.  You are done!

Also, if you have issues with your mods disappearing at particular camera angles, you may be dealing with instanced primitives.  Be sure to update to the latest version of my tools and my custom build of 3DMigoto.

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.png.2a0514e636dc4dc5b166c783d5b3a5a6.png.6f20479feaf5a62150421c9a19c2bc14.png

(Screenshot from @SonicMan1234's post)

If you see this effect, here are my notes on how to make your mod compatible with instancing.  I believe this only affects NPCs.  EDIT: This also affects playable characters, and is fixed by more recent versions of my tools / 3DMigoto build.

Edited by amorrow28
35 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

Thank you @woofhat!  This should open the door to nude mods in Kuro for characters without towel costumes.  I know woofhat's post will probably be not enough detail for most people to immediately implement, so... tutorial time!  Let's port @coomi's nude mod to Renne, who does not have a complete mesh suitable for making a nude mod.

Index of my CS4 tutorials and where to find my mod:

(NOTE:  I'm not actually going to make a nude mod.  It is tedious and I don't have the motivation to do it.  But with this information, YOU can make one.  I hope you try it, and if you like what you make, I hope you share!)

Ok, let's go!

As a proof of concept, I did a quick transfer of coomi's Feri nude mod B.  (Yes, I know it looks terrible.  I'm not a nude modder, after all.  I also cheated, I used auto weight transfer which I generally do NOT recommend, but actually in this case it worked fine.)

Hide contents

1829112655_2022-08-0721_32_05-NewSaveData.png.aad72a4ea0fe5489c9654288badd3a47.png

If you want to mess with the files I made for this tutorial, here you go:

RenneTutorial.7z 1.69 MB · 1 download

(This is not a useable mod.  It is just the start of the modding process.)

EDIT:   Also, in retrospect, I probably should not have picked Renne.  She has 3 TEXCOORDs, with a complex UV map.  Vertical flipping doesn't do anything.  I don't know how to fix that; the only idea I have is that you might want to use an older version of my tool that reduces her mesh to a single TEXCOORD.

Can you link to what older version of what tool so we don't gotta go combing through for it? Also thanks, the possibilities are expanding!