KURO NO KISEKI mod

7 hours ago, woofhat said:

About the TEXCOORD, I didn't anticipate that this would happen and it was an oversight on my part. It is also easy to have 3 TEXCOORD at the same time. I can't read your script, so I'll post a sample, just merge the files like this.000168.7z

About the picture distortion, I'm not sure if you modified the texture.

It seems that the UV is flipped up and down from before. My solution is to flip the texture up and down again. 
But it seems you can set it in blender too.

1.png.b5056f6e37604a5d65e39fe9719c623d.png
You can try to unselect this option when importing the files.

THANK YOU!

1553266426_2022-07-3008_38_56-________.png.304819d118de02c9a658b040ef344434.png

Combining all three TEXCOORD files fixed the issue.  (Flipping TEXCOORD V did not fix the issue, but that does not matter.)  Here is a new version of my tool.

Upload removed, grab new version here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/194614-kuro-no-kiseki-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3825578

As a bonus, now vb_split.py will split the output into 8 buffers instead of 6, so making the final ini file will be straightforward now.

Edited by amorrow28
1 hour ago, coomi said:

I'm trying to replace the body mesh on chr5003_c02 (Feri's bathing clothes) but there's a problem somewhere in my process. Injecting the default body mesh from the frame dump back into the game without any modifications turns Feri into a gundam:

image.png.23d6c0aa43c93a75dcdcfb282157f998.png

I have the .ini setup as such:

[TextureOverride_FeriBody]
hash = 1f83ad80
vb0 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB0
vb1 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB1
vb2 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB2
vb3 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB3
vb4 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB3
vb5 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB3
vb6 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB4
vb7 = Resource_Model_Feri_VB5
ib = Resource_Model_Feri_IB
handling = skip
drawindexed = auto

I didn't edit the mesh at all so I'm confused as to why it's broken. I merged the files from the frame dump, imported them into blender and then immediately exported the mesh as vb/ib. I'm wondering if there's some setting in Blender that's breaking my models during export/import, or if it's the split script that isn't working properly. If someone wants to take a look at it, the "mod" is here, along with the merged buffers: broken.zip

I'm not sure how it happened, but the strides are all wrong in the ini file and do not match the fmt file.  Anyway, try the new version of my tool, I tested it on the hash you provided above and it worked just fine for me, as you can see below.

98592143_2022-07-3009_19_02-________.png.06d20cd4c2e844364fff3c7abb6544f9.png

1 hour ago, amorrow28 said:

Ok, I just could not use my tool anymore.  IT WAS SO SLOW!

kuro_vb_merge.py 5.74 kB · 6 downloads

I rewrote the tool to function like my CS4 tool instead.  I tested it on 9 meshes.  My old tool took 2 minutes and 25 seconds to merge the files.  My new tool took 2.5 seconds, or 98% less time than before!

Hi, Emmm, i am beginner, and i have one question, how to find this hash and how does is command means?

[ShaderOverride_skin]
hash = a21838c09764d43e
run = CommandListActivate

many thanks, the file came from coomi's Feri.ini

4 minutes ago, kurumiseikai said:

Hi, Emmm, i am beginner, and i have one question, how to find this hash and how does is command means?

[ShaderOverride_skin]
hash = a21838c09764d43e
run = CommandListActivate

many thanks, the file came from coomi's Feri.ini

Welcome!

See this tutorial (basic modding part 2) - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/page/15/#comment-3771501 (look for the sentence "Go to the output folder of the frame dump and look up the IB number from the filename for mesh #000032.  Grab the associated pixel shader as well.")

The pixel shader hash is in the filename of the index buffer (IB) dump, along with the IB hash.  3DMigoto names the files "mesh number - IB hash - VS hash - PS hash".  You don't need the VS hash.  (Sometimes there is more than one pixel shader drawing the same mesh though.  If you still see parts of the unmodified mesh, look through log.txt in your frame dump to see if there is a second pixel shader.)

The "command" is a function, and if you want to see what it does, you can look in d3dx.ini to see it.  It is the same thing as the implementation-agnostic lines that are inserted by my vb_split.py script (a bunch of checktextureoverride commands), but are only activated when the $costume_mods variable is set to 1.

44 minutes ago, ms0082483 said:

Will anyone still take advantage of the CE code?

just want to simply take off the skirt or the finished product of the free camera?

An update of my mod is coming, please be patient. I am literally coding tools as I go. Modding this game is very time-consuming compared to previous games. Please don’t forget the game came out only three days ago.

I plan to do a free camera later. The last one I wrote probably took me 20-40 hours, over several weeks, and I had another game to reference which I do not with Kuro. It is a lot of work and a lot of frustration. Also, game updates usually break CE scripts, so I am waiting for the game code to stabilize. CLE has already released one patch, barely two days since release.

5 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

I'm not sure how it happened, but the strides are all wrong in the ini file and do not match the fmt file.  Anyway, try the new version of my tool, I tested it on the hash you provided above and it worked just fine for me, as you can see below.

98592143_2022-07-3009_19_02-________.png.06d20cd4c2e844364fff3c7abb6544f9.png

I succeeded with the new tool. I also had to flip the body texture vertically to get it to work. 

image.png.9734a443091f73f412cdf3b031c4f905.png

I didn't connect the hands and head yet so ignore the gaps. There are some visible seams above her knees and on her pelvis. I'm not sure what's causing them. Hopefully I can smooth them out with just texture editing/sculpting. These new models have several times more weight groups than the CS/Hajimari models so importing with the method described in @amorrow28's CS4 tutorials is time consuming. This model had 277 weight groups and many of them didn't have a single vertex in them.

58 minutes ago, coomi said:

I succeeded with the new tool. I also had to flip the body texture vertically to get it to work. 

image.png.9734a443091f73f412cdf3b031c4f905.png

I didn't connect the hands and head yet so ignore the gaps. There are some visible seams above her knees and on her pelvis. I'm not sure what's causing them. Hopefully I can smooth them out with just texture editing/sculpting. These new models have several times more weight groups than the CS/Hajimari models so importing with the method described in @amorrow28's CS4 tutorials is time consuming. This model had 277 weight groups and many of them didn't have a single vertex in them.

Looking good! It is interesting how much smaller the installed game is than Hajimari, as the assets are so much bigger. Everything takes longer, even just saving a file. (Except Rixia’s, I think her model is just about the same?)

Anyway, I have no idea if this will cause problems, but you could try this script that removes unused groups: https://radeonoff.gumroad.com/l/Gxkbp

It’s pay what you want and the author set the suggested price as free.

13 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Welcome!

See this tutorial (basic modding part 2) - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/page/15/#comment-3771501 (look for the sentence "Go to the output folder of the frame dump and look up the IB number from the filename for mesh #000032.  Grab the associated pixel shader as well.")

The pixel shader hash is in the filename of the index buffer (IB) dump, along with the IB hash.  3DMigoto names the files "mesh number - IB hash - VS hash - PS hash".  You don't need the VS hash.  (Sometimes there is more than one pixel shader drawing the same mesh though.  If you still see parts of the unmodified mesh, look through log.txt in your frame dump to see if there is a second pixel shader.)

The "command" is a function, and if you want to see what it does, you can look in d3dx.ini to see it.  It is the same thing as the implementation-agnostic lines that are inserted by my vb_split.py script (a bunch of checktextureoverride commands), but are only activated when the $costume_mods variable is set to 1.

thanks for the patience answering, i almost get it, and how to solve this situation, is my mesh fusion get problem?

agnes.png

41 minutes ago, kurumiseikai said:

thanks for the patience answering, i almost get it, and how to solve this situation, is my mesh fusion get problem?

agnes.png

The mesh looks fine, I think your texture is upside down. Just flip it vertically and try again. I had the same issue.

image.png.a70e46a8bd5735a576e804d4a19f976f.png

OBSOLETE

go here instead

The A model has a smaller chest, shoulders and legs. The B model is Juna's body directly ported from my Hajimari pack.

Installation: 

1. Install 3DMigoto. You can get it from @amorrow28's post on the first page. If you don't want his UnSkirtMod then delete it from THE LEGEND OF HEROES KURO NO KISEKI\Mods.

2. Download one of the two models and extract it to THE LEGEND OF HEROES KURO NO KISEKI\Mods.

The model replaces Feri's bathing outfit. You can either unlock it ingame or use @amorrow28's injection method to replace some other model with it. If you want to do the injection, the bathing outfit's ID is chr5003_c02. You may want to replace Feri's default outfit, which has the ID chr5003.

Feri_A.7z Feri_B.7z

Edited by coomi
added link to bathing outfit mod
2 hours ago, coomi said:

The A model has a smaller chest, shoulders and legs. The B model is Juna's body directly ported from my Hajimari pack.

There is still a small neck seam that I can't completely get rid of. Whenever she turns her head, the head mesh moves but the neck mesh stays in place. My solution to prevent this from creating visible gaps was to replace the head mesh with a convex one. This leaves a faint seam where the head mesh overlaps the neck.

Installation: 

1. Install 3DMigoto. You can get it from @amorrow28's post on the first page. If you don't want his UnSkirtMod then delete it from THE LEGEND OF HEROES KURO NO KISEKI\Mods.

2. Download one of the two models and extract it to THE LEGEND OF HEROES KURO NO KISEKI\Mods.

The model replaces Feri's bathing outfit. You can either unlock it ingame or use @amorrow28's injection method to replace some other model with it. If you want to do the injection, the bathing outfit's ID is chr5003_c02. You may want to replace Feri's default outfit, which has the ID chr5003.

Feri_A.7z 936.91 kB · 6 downloads Feri_B.7z 934.27 kB · 13 downloads

thanks for answering, i finally made my own naked agnes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~?

agnes.png

agnes nude.rar

Edited by kurumiseikai
2 hours ago, coomi said:

This seems to break the head mesh on other costumes. I'll try to figure out a fix.

There is still a small neck seam that I can't completely get rid of. Whenever she turns her head, the head mesh moves but the neck mesh stays in place. My solution to prevent this from creating visible gaps was to replace the head mesh with a convex one. This leaves a faint seam where the head mesh overlaps the neck.

Installation: 

1. Install 3DMigoto. You can get it from @amorrow28's post on the first page.

Feri_A.7z 936.91 kB · 14 downloads Feri_B.7z 934.27 kB · 27 downloads

Looks great!  Perhaps you have the same problem I had in TXe:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3792745  At least in phyreEngine, the game needed the vertices to have identical weights.  For the wrists, I hand edited each vertex instead of painting weights.  This fixed the wrist bond, but weirdly not the neck.

If that doesn't work, you could try the method in the legendary fairy tail modding video, at 1:23:20.  This method involves duplicating and then bonding the two meshes together, and then copying the properties to the separate meshes.  Then you'd have to import both meshes into the game.

nina_odette.png.09d4bd0ab41cceafeb70730fa2fcafdb.png

Small progress report.

I've finished a first pass through all the default costumes of the female named NPCs (50xx, 51xx, 53xx).  A few I didn't mod due to 1. wearing pants (for example Naje) or 2. missing crotch (for example Kilika).  The mod is now immersive enough.

I was hoping post a release, but I found out while browsing that there are some shared index buffers.  As you can see above on the left, Odette's default costume shares an index buffer with Nina's c03 (school uniform?) outfit, but the vertex positions are all wrong.  I've fixed it and also modded Nina's outfit (above on the right), but it will take me time to go through all the costumes looking for similar errors.

On the plus side, I have modded 18 more costumes since the first release and modding is now a smooth process.  Maybe I will complain less.  ?

Edited by amorrow28
1 hour ago, amorrow28 said:

Looks great!  Perhaps you have the same problem I had in TXe:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3792745  At least in phyreEngine, the game needed the vertices to have identical weights.  For the wrists, I hand edited each vertex instead of painting weights.  This fixed the wrist bond, but weirdly not the neck.

If that doesn't work, you could try the method in the legendary fairy tail modding video, at 1:23:20.  This method involves duplicating and then bonding the two meshes together, and then copying the properties to the separate meshes.  Then you'd have to import both meshes into the game.

The first method worked. I copied the exact weights from the in-game model's vertices in the neck area. 

image.png.aa1f5253095c18ba94fc3ea7cd871275.png

I have updated the download links in my previous post. The seam is still there but at least the head mesh doesn't break anything else now. I also included a missing shader for anyone not running the UnSkirtMod.

49 minutes ago, coomi said:

The first method worked. I copied the exact weights from the in-game model's vertices in the neck area. 

image.png.aa1f5253095c18ba94fc3ea7cd871275.png

I have updated the download links in my previous post. The seam is still there but at least the head mesh doesn't break anything else now. I also included a missing shader for anyone not running the UnSkirtMod.

Wow that was fast! I don’t see a seam in your screenshot, just color mismatch. But I know sometimes it just won’t attach so I won’t assume. But I had the same problem with TXe and darker specifically that part of the texture. You could try the dds file that comes with my mod if you like.

5 hours ago, coomi said:

Installation: 

1. Install 3DMigoto. You can get it from @amorrow28's post on the first page. If you don't want his UnSkirtMod then delete it from THE LEGEND OF HEROES KURO NO KISEKI\Mods.

Feri_A.7z 674.23 kB · 6 downloads Feri_B.7z 672.3 kB · 5 downloads

Damn you guys are really doing such awesome work.

Any chance for Shizuna and Fie getting nudes? Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea about modding and sculpting, but since this is a lot of work I'd like to make an arttrade if you're interested. xD
(I'm drawing NSFW fanart of Kiseki, send me a PM and I can share some examples if you're interested). I'm playing Kuro since it got released on PC via English patch+overlay by the way.

unskirt11.png.0a6af8d86ecaf4e1c51eecec34e725d2.png

Here is a big update to my Kuro no Kiseki UnSkirt Mod!

NEW VERSION 1.3: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/194614-kuro-no-kiseki-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3854533

Version 1.2b: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/194614-kuro-no-kiseki-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3837721

Version 1.2a: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/194614-kuro-no-kiseki-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3832346

Kuro_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

There are now 35 costume mods, including all the modifiable named female PCs/NPCs!  I clearly did not need to post that progress report above; I thought I was days away from finishing but I actually only had a handful of costumes left to go.  Thankfully this game does not have very many characters.  I have not touched DLC, including bundled costumes that used to be DLC; I may go back and look at those later but I wanted to release this first.  All the base costumes (up through c09) have been evaluated, and skirts removed if possible.

As always, if you have issues with the controller, try turning off Steam Overlay.  This does not fix all the issues but it seems to help.

Enjoy!

(Yes, I know all my screenshots are in front of that staircase.  Steam says I have played for 14 hours, but I have never left the front of that staircase...  I haven't even taken the time to install the English patch. ?)

Edited by amorrow28

Again to my fellow modders, here is a new version of my merge script.  Only one tiny change, now it will skip any meshes that it cannot process (less than 8 buffers).  You no longer need to copy out just the meshes that you want and run the script, you can just put the script in the frame dump folder and run the script on the entire dump, similar to CS3/CS4/Hajimari.  On my computer, it takes about 12 seconds to process an entire frame dump, which is faster than me trying to find the files I want!  (Sadly, I did not think of the change until I had finished my mod.)

kuro_vb_merge.py