Blender Skyrim Modders

Greetings all :D

It has been a long time since I've done some modding again, however before anything can happen, I would like to ask a question or two.

I want to know, is there any Blender 3D 2.6 Skyrim modders here? Reason I'm asking is because I noticed the support between Blender 2.6 and skyrim has dwindled as well as the scripts to properly export from blender to skyrim. (Like in the old days with Oblivion). If there is some Blender Modders here, would you guys mind sharing some modding knowledge regarding skyrim, as the system for modding skyrim seems to have changed a lot since Oblivion.

I've been poking around the net to try and find out all the nitty gritty details on adding custom armor, weapons and static models to skyrim, as this process seems to have gotten rediculously complex since the last time I modded a Bethesda game. :P  However, with blender, the information appears to be limited beyond comparison, and honestly, I'm not planning on getting 3DS Max or learn it for that matter. :dodgy:

Kind Regards

Xelus

I think the biggest reason for the smaller support for 2.6 is because of the large changes to Blender's API after 2.5. I thought I remember seeing on the NifTools forum some time ago that there was a version of the scripts for 2.6 in the works. Though, that was some time ago and I'm not sure exactly how that's progressed.

Two tutorials for it that I found very useful were from the Nexus Wiki:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_1

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Converting_an_armour_to_another_body_for_Skyrim

To be honest, doing it for Skyrim isn't all that bad, except for the fact that it can get tedious very fast. Especially if you need to make adjustments, like fixing mesh clipping or bad weights, since you essentially have to repeat a lot of the process every time.

I think the biggest reason for the little support for 2.6 is because of the large changes to Blender's API after 2.5. I thought I remember seeing on the NifTools forum some time ago that there was a version of the scripts for 2.6 in the works. Though, that was some time ago and I'm not sure exactly how that's progressed.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Converting_an_armour_to_another_body_for_Skyrim

To be honest, doing it for Skyrim isn't all that bad, except for the fact that it can get tedious very fast. Especially if you need to make adjustments, like fixing mesh clipping or bad weights, since you essentially have to repeat a lot of the process every time.

Ah, it would make life a tad bit easier if they had some proper 2.6 support, as I actually have some scripts to copy bone weights properly, of which would make rigging characters, armor and clothes a lot easier. I did enjoy making mods for Oblivion, and I've been asked by many Oblivion players to port my mods over to Skyrim.

And I've been looking at making new mods for skyrim, but the support for blender has become quite bad. Will ldefinitely check those out and hopefully I'll be able to get cracking soon. ^^

EDIT:

Alright so it isn't actually all that big of a deal to get things in and out of blender, however, I just noticed this happening, the character's body is on an offset when importing with the same settings as provided by the wiki tutorial, is this supposed to happen? I'm working with the CBBE body by the way.

post-10885-0-21029600-1374267469_thumb.jpg

Alright so it isn't actually all that big of a deal to get things in and out of blender, however, I just noticed this happening, the character's body is on an offset when importing with the same settings as provided by the wiki tutorial, is this supposed to happen? I'm working with the CBBE body by the way.

I've had the same thing happen when I had to re-download UNPB when it originally got taken down from the Nexus. I'm not 100% sure as to why it happens, other than maybe some issues if the bodies were done in Max/Maya or something like that. I haven't ran into any noticeable issues because of the offset, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I've had the same thing happen when I had to re-download UNPB when it originally got taken down from the Nexus. I'm not 100% sure as to why it happens, other than maybe some issues if the bodies were done in Max/Maya or something like that. I haven't ran into any noticeable issues because of the offset, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Awesome, glad to know that, I just did a quick import with the default skyrim bodies, and everything is fine, so I'm assuming the CBBE body must have been done in something like maya, as I've noticed the actual body has an offset in nifskope, so luckily it isn't blender or the nif scripts. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I should be able to start doing some modding. :shy:

Thanks for all the help you guys, really helped, the tutorials that Bruce Wayne posted is actually very simillar to the wiki tutorials, however there are some things that the tutorials explain in more detail than the wiki, so it is definitely a must. Any way thanks for the help, really appreciate it, maybe the next thread I'll be making will be one for all my mods made into skyrim. :D

Cheers

I think the biggest reason for the little support for 2.6 is because of the large changes to Blender's API after 2.5. I thought I remember seeing on the NifTools forum some time ago that there was a version of the scripts for 2.6 in the works. Though, that was some time ago and I'm not sure exactly how that's progressed.

Ah, it would make life a tad bit easier if they had some proper 2.6 support, as I actually have some scripts to copy bone weights properly, of which would make rigging characters, armor and clothes a lot easier. I did enjoy making mods for Oblivion, and I've been asked by many Oblivion players to port my mods over to Skyrim.

And I've been looking at making new mods for skyrim, but the support for blender has become quite bad. Will ldefinitely check those out and hopefully I'll be able to get cracking soon. ^^

EDIT:

I had weird issues like that in 3ds when I imported certain skeletons with the mesh. Not sure if that could be the cause in blender too though.

Archived