heja Posted July 17, 2022 Posted July 17, 2022 Answer: When she's 15% an elder and 14% masculine, apparently. I've noticed that there are certain premade Sims my own Sims seem less fond of for no apparent reason. I looked up the Sims in the Attractiveness debug page, and... noticed some oddities. These screenshots were taken of the "attractiveness" debug page with a teen Sim who likes teens and dislikes elders, and who likes feminine Sims and dislikes masculine ones, and I used it on every premade female teenage Sim I have access to with my current set of expansions installed. In theory, he should find teenaged female Sims to be the hottest thing around, since he has literally no other preferences set. And yet... Why are all of them save Cassandra Goth listed as being at least 15% elders? They're teenagers! That's about as far from elder as you can get while still being eligible for this. Yuki is listed as 50% elder!! What the woohoo?! (Cassandra is 13% Young Adult. That's a little weird too, but not as weird as the rest being apparently part elder.) For that matter, why are all five of them listed as a little bit masculine?! I know how to code, but I was unable to decompile the file where the attractiveness score is calculated, so I have no explanation for this, but apparently it's not just for show, as Cassandra (the only one who isn't "part elder") is the only one he finds even the slightest bit attractive. I ran this on a few Sims that were meandering the neighborhood - including one randomly-generated Sim - and similarly see that they're part ages that they are not: Randomly-generated Sim: Adult: 45% Teen: 28% Young Adult: 28% Feminine: 86% Masculine: 14% Keala Hoapili: Elder 100% Feminine: 88% Masculine: 12% Kalamainu'u Iona: Teen: 22% Young Adult: 78% Feminine: 88% Masculine: 12% Mele Kahananui: Adult: 70% Teen: 15% Young Adult: 15% Feminine: 100% (And thus does an adult Sim prove to be the most attractive person in the neighborhood to someone who's only supposed to like teenagers.) The test Sim's mother: Teen: 14% Young Adult: 86% Feminine: 100% Paka'a Uha: Young Adult: 100% Feminine: 62% Masculine: 38% (For those unaware, Paka'a is a male Sim with a feminine frame.) Makoa Kealoha: Young Adult: 100% Feminine: 23% Masculine: 77% Alika Kahananui: Adult: 100% Feminine: 29% Masculine: 71% Test Sim (with his mother selected): Teen: 100% Feminine: 13% Masculine: 87% (The mother otherwise sees the same things as the test Sim.)
Lominiel Posted July 17, 2022 Posted July 17, 2022 May have to do with waist to hip ratio and overall sim body shape?
heja Posted July 17, 2022 Author Posted July 17, 2022 Perhaps. But there are already separate categories for body shape. Besides, hip size is already a metric, which you can see in the pictures, and I don't see a correlation between their hip sizes and their other numbers (Sofia Bjergsen has the least narrow hips of the five, yet she is not the least "elderly" or "masculine". Or, to knock out another possibility, Yuki Behr has the largest breasts of the five, but is considered the most masculine among them.) Another thought that occurred to me was that it's looking at their clothing categories. Basically, "is this item of clothing allowed for masculine Sims? Okay, contribute a little toward the masculine count!" But clothing is, itself, its own category, so I would consider that to be, at best, misleading. (And really, does Yuki Behr - apparently the most elderly and most masculine of them - really look like she's wearing something worn by an elderly man?)
arak2 Posted July 17, 2022 Posted July 17, 2022 for some reason the sims are also accepting sex from anyone as long as the friendship and love bar are not low. so, the attractiveness system and gender compliance switch both are not working. have deleted mods and wicked save files and still does not work. i have no idea why this is happening.
Scorpio Posted July 17, 2022 Posted July 17, 2022 11 hours ago, heja said: I've noticed that there are certain premade Sims my own Sims seem less fond of for no apparent reason. I looked up the Sims in the Attractiveness debug page, and... noticed some oddities. I haven't had attractions enabled for a long time now but I saw the same thing back then and it's sort of a quirk. It happens with 90%+ of any Sims in game, and even Elders might have a small percentage of Teens or Young Adults showing. Best way to get rid of it is by disabling the attractions age preferences so 'none' are preferred. Same thing when you pick Masculine or Feminine Preferences. Most CC Clothing, EA Vanilla Clothing, and Shoes can be worn by either gender. So their tags are set for both Masc. & Fem., so WW Attractions also detects these. Even Jewelry and other worn items can cause it too. WW only uses the Everyday Outfits for Attractions. I even stripped some of them to bare naked and still had it. Think it was a CC Skin that was tagged for both Masc/Fem even tho it was restricted for opposite frames and genders. Generally speaking most EA Townie Sims are Straight Sex Genders anyway so they normally won't have attractions to the same Gender Sims anyway. I just disabled the WW Attractions Gender, or Masc/Fem. and also set them to 'none'. Want to cheat a Sim so they are most Attractive then give them the 'Unique Appearance' Trait Reward'. If done to your Player Sim all the other NPC's will find your Sim Very Attractive. WW Sex Settings have Gender Rules for Sex and you can also run the command line: ww.preference_hetero 100 all
Scorpio Posted July 17, 2022 Posted July 17, 2022 8 hours ago, arak2 said: for some reason the sims are also accepting sex from anyone as long as the friendship and love bar are not low. so, the attractiveness system and gender compliance switch both are not working. have deleted mods and wicked save files and still does not work. i have no idea why this is happening. Has more to do with WW Sex Settings and not WW Attractions Wicked Settings > Sex Settings > Cheats: 1. Always Accept (No Green Bars) (Sims might refuse or not have sex until they know their partners a bit better)(With some exceptions) 2. Always Accept (1 Green Bar) (Sims will pretty much have Sex with anybody if gender matches) 3. Always Accept (2 Green Bars) (Sims will ignore other gender rules and have sex with any Gender) Note: there are 2 other gender rules settings that should be checked. Wicked Settings > Sex Settings > Sex Interaction Settings: Respect Gender Preference: ON Wicked Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Autonomy Awareness: Player Sims: ON, Joining Sex: ON, Relationship Awareness: OFF,(Cheating) Pregnancy Awareness: OFF, Sex Location Memory: ON, Sex Animation Memory: ON Block around Children: (Your Choice) ***Joining Sex Gender Compliance: ON (OFF for sims to auto join in group sex)*** Joining Sex Relationship Compliance: OFF (ON=less joining in sex if in romantic relationships) To greatly improve your player Sims prowess give them the 'Sexually Alluring' Trait Reward and you'll have way less refusals. (It's like another cheat so relationships aren't required) Having trouble on certain Lots with other Sims present and no sex autonomy going on? Go into BB Mode and add the WW 'Hypersexual' Lot Trait and the WW restrictions are lowered.
heja Posted July 17, 2022 Author Posted July 17, 2022 6 hours ago, Scorpio said: I haven't had attractions enabled for a long time now but I saw the same thing back then and it's sort of a quirk. It happens with 90%+ of any Sims in game, and even Elders might have a small percentage of Teens or Young Adults showing. Best way to get rid of it is by disabling the attractions age preferences so 'none' are preferred. Same thing when you pick Masculine or Feminine Preferences. Most CC Clothing, EA Vanilla Clothing, and Shoes can be worn by either gender. So their tags are set for both Masc. & Fem., so WW Attractions also detects these. Even Jewelry and other worn items can cause it too. WW only uses the Everyday Outfits for Attractions. I even stripped some of them to bare naked and still had it. Think it was a CC Skin that was tagged for both Masc/Fem even tho it was restricted for opposite frames and genders. Generally speaking most EA Townie Sims are Straight Sex Genders anyway so they normally won't have attractions to the same Gender Sims anyway. I just disabled the WW Attractions Gender, or Masc/Fem. and also set them to 'none'. Want to cheat a Sim so they are most Attractive then give them the 'Unique Appearance' Trait Reward'. If done to your Player Sim all the other NPC's will find your Sim Very Attractive. WW Sex Settings have Gender Rules for Sex and you can also run the command line: ww.preference_hetero 100 all The first two thirds implies that clothing is the reason. I could run some tests to see if that's true, but okay. I am not a fan of that decision if that's how it was configured. The last third had absolutely nothing to do with anything I posted.
heja Posted July 17, 2022 Author Posted July 17, 2022 Okay, my test. Since she's the most "elderly" and "masculine", I'm picking Yuki Behr as my guinea pig. I've set up a closet. First test will be control: I'll just change the color of her shoes. Result: no change Okay, next I'll remove her bracelet thing. Result: no change Next, I'll swap her pants for a skirt. I have opted for the denim skirt from Discover University. Result: She is now 14% masculine instead of 17%. Her shirt isn't considered valid for "masculine" clothing, so let's try her shoes next. Let's go for heels. I choose the ones from Vintage Glamour. Result: She is now 12% masculine. What's left? She appears to have earrings... they're valid for masculine? Worth a shot. Removed them entirely. Result: She is now 100% feminine. So clothes do seem to impact that - bad call if that's deliberate - but she's still 50% elder for some reason. Gonna change her hair color to match her black eyebrows to see if that does anything. Result: No change. Maybe hair style? I choose the pigtails from Discover University. Result: No change. Hmmm... from lack of better ideas, I'm going to remove her makeup. Result: No change. Okay, just to see what happens, I'm going to put her in masculine everything. Nothing that even qualifies as being valid for feminine. Discover University widow's peak-ish short hair, Spa Day loose tank top, Spa Day shorts (red by default), Spa Day black sneakers with orange "flame" design. None of these items appear when looking for "feminine" clothing. She's already lost her makeup and accessories, and I won't give her more. Result: 20% masculine. Perhaps a hard cap for a female Sim with a feminine frame? She's still 50% elder and I have no idea why. So this appears to validate that clothing impacts how masculine/feminine is interpreted - if the clothing is valid for both genders, then it appears to count for both! And I still think that's a bad call. - but it still gives no insight into the age issue. EDIT: Okay, I'm using a mod to make Yuki artificially a Young Adult. In order to "refresh" the attractiveness level, I'm going to send her into the closet. I will change the color of her shoes and do nothing else. Result: She's now 50% Young Adult and 50% Elder. Hm. Using the mod to make her an elder. Result: 100% Elder. Not a surprise; just wanted to use this as a stopover to... Using the mod to make her a teenager again. Result: Back to 50% Teen, 50% Elder. Sigh. EDIT2: One final test. I used cas.fulleditmode and gave Yuki an extremely exaggerated feminine figure. Result: 32% Elder, 68% Teen That's... something?? I guess figure does relate to this to at least some degree? But it's not intuitive how, and it doesn't appear to be the full answer.
Scorpio Posted July 18, 2022 Posted July 18, 2022 14 hours ago, heja said: EDIT2: One final test. I used cas.fulleditmode and gave Yuki an extremely exaggerated feminine figure. Result: 32% Elder, 68% Teen That's... something?? I guess figure does relate to this to at least some degree? But it's not intuitive how, and it doesn't appear to be the full answer. Even when you set all the WW Attractiveness Preferences to None, except for Age, those strange split percentages will still show up. I tried for several days and could never make them 100%. But in my game Yuki just happened to be 100% Teen for some reason so it seems to be a random thing I could never pin it down as a WW bug or a game bug. I don't think it's a WW bug as all it does is read what it detects. For all I know a sims traits or aspiration might contribute to the game adding the other percents but that's a long shot at best. But I was pretty sure it was something EA was doing to random Sims under the hood.
arak2 Posted July 24, 2022 Posted July 24, 2022 On 7/18/2022 at 7:34 AM, Scorpio said: Even when you set all the WW Attractiveness Preferences to None, except for Age, those strange split percentages will still show up. I tried for several days and could never make them 100%. But in my game Yuki just happened to be 100% Teen for some reason so it seems to be a random thing I could never pin it down as a WW bug or a game bug. I don't think it's a WW bug as all it does is read what it detects. For all I know a sims traits or aspiration might contribute to the game adding the other percents but that's a long shot at best. But I was pretty sure it was something EA was doing to random Sims under the hood. ATTRACTIVENESS BUG FIXED: Recently i finally FIXED the problem with attractiveness. its weird, but the way to fix is to set attractiveness preferences for both genders. if its set to only one gender the sim will accept sex with anyone as long as the respect gender preference switch is not activated. a bi sim will reject sims that are unnatractive if there is no romance bar, others will always accept. this is still a bug. because this means if a sim is set to only be attracted to a gender and be not attracted to the other. she is supposed to only like this gender . bisexuals are the only considering sims unnatractive. the correct thing should be for hetero and homo sims to consider the sims "very unnatractive". according to their gender
Scorpio Posted July 24, 2022 Posted July 24, 2022 8 hours ago, arak2 said: the sim will accept sex with anyone as long as the respect gender preference switch is not activated. This is one setting I always have enabled as I don't want my male player sim having sex with other males. Have you tried Wicked Settings > Sex Settings > Cheats > Always Accept set to 0 Green Bars? When using 1-2 green bars it can affect many other things because it's a cheat and will override other settings and possibly attractiveness also. I'd make sure this is OFF first and then do more testing for more realistic base line conditions. This will make Sims refuse more because of other conditions like relationships and genders. I just recently discovered this when I was trying to prevent Sims from having sex with total strangers and prefer Sims with some relationship established first. Otherwise it's a free for all which is fine if that's what you wanted. There are other 'better' ways to make your sim attractive to others just by giving them the 'Unique Appearance' reward Trait. You can also use that on other special NPC's but don't overuse it or it might dilute the overall Attractiveness Pool for all NPC Sims. But I've always found Attractiveness to be a bit flaky so I just rely on Sex Settings only to get those set up the way I want. Something else to try is disabling WW Attractions and get the Sex Only parts working the way you want first. Both Attractiveness and WW Sex Settings are each complicated systems by themselves but when using both together it gets worse. You can't figure out if it's the Attractiveness Settings causing problems or the Sex Settings causing them or a combination of both. Set up your Bi-Sexual Sims you want first by using MCCC to set gender preference to 50% male and 50% female. WW Sex gender preferences need to be setup for Sex only before even considering Attractions. You can also use the WW command line to set Gender Preferences but I found it easier to just use MCCC. Also set up any Gay and/or Lesbian Sims gender SEX preferences in the same way. This is how you enforce WW to follow the gender rules when it's enabled for gender only and then the Gay Sims won't be asking Hetero Sims for Sex. You still have MM, FF, MF, and Bi-Sexuals that will do it with anyone, but I can't recall if they will also ask Straight Sims for Sex or not as I don't have any Bi-Sexuals in game.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.