[WIP] Unicorn ~ by Trykz (mesh edits by b3lisario)

Trykz

Well, if you have magical enchantments or sci-fi shields, that is completely viable.

So, did life get to you? I'm about ready to start a new character ;)

I'm getting worried about Trykz too. Our dealer has gone missing. jk. I do hope everything is okay though.

Well, if you have magical enchantments or sci-fi shields, that is completely viable.

So, did life get to you? I'm about ready to start a new character ;)

I'm getting worried about Trykz too. Our dealer has gone missing. jk. I do hope everything is okay though.

Not to worry. Everything's fine, just took a little time to myself last night  ;)

This will be released this weekend come hell or high water  :P

Trykz

I'm more or less trying to just get this out with more than just a couple of armors.

The problem I think I'm having, is that I now suspect I may have sent b3lisario the wrong CHSBHC body meshes to modify, which explains the extremely limited number of armors I've found to fit it  :(

The even bigger problem (for me anyway), is those meshes are also in TCRA's BSA  :angry:

I may have a solution though:

For now, I could use the custom shape CBBE meshes I sent him, and then set up armors for that. Which should be pretty simple since I have that preset set up in BodySlide already. The downside is that it will delay things a few days as I'll need to make the appropriate changes to the race in the Creation Kit, and then start working on making armors that work.

Trykz

So here's what up at the moment:

I need to swap in the White Faun's skeleton so the tail fits the new body better.

I went ahead and swapped in the UNPB body meshes to make armor options a lot better.

So far, I've made about 8 sets or so. I want at least two more, and then I'll make the race

and armors available for download. I should be able to get a couple more armors in

by tomorrow, and then I'll package this up for mid-week.

I really wanted this released over the weekend, but I think the slight delay will be worth it:

Fox 12

post-26143-0-95390300-1394340859_thumb.jpg

Dragonscale

post-26143-0-26379400-1394340910_thumb.jpg

Ebony Skull

post-26143-0-24179700-1394340941_thumb.jpg

Huntress

post-26143-0-63440900-1394340979_thumb.jpg

SUN Magic Armor

post-26143-0-02770100-1394341014_thumb.jpg

Witch Elf

post-26143-0-51555100-1394341046_thumb.jpg

Bondage Straps

post-26143-0-77740100-1394341084_thumb.jpg

These were MUCH easier to fit, and only the Fox 12 armor has very minor clipping.

The armors will be a standalone mod, so it'll be pretty easy to add more armors to it later.

Once I rework the White Faun mod into the new TCRA layout, any armors I add to this will also work for that race.

At some point in the near future, I'll see if b3lisario can modify the right meshes for the CBBE and CHSBHC

bodies I intended to send him originally. Once I have those, I'll be able to expand on the options for this immensely.

So there it is......

almost done  :P

Trykz

Quick question:

Wouldn't it technically be possible to leave it up to users to make armors compatible via Outfit Studio you think?

Or is their some special process you have going on for matching the armors to the new race?

Quick question:

Wouldn't it technically be possible to leave it up to users to make armors compatible via Outfit Studio you think?

Or is their some special process you have going on for matching the armors to the new race?

It would be possible, yes.

Unfortunately, because I sent b3lisario the wrong CBBE/CHSBHC meshes, it would be far more trouble than it's worth. Setting up the armors with the bodies I intended to use is as simple as copy/pasting blocks using NifSkope. It's how I made the ones pictured above for the UNPB meshes. Using Outfit Studio at this time would be impossible. Mainly because the body is too highly modified for it (the meshes were edited to remove the lower legs where the hooves attach).

I'm certainly not against someone making them OS compatible though once I get the right base meshes into TCRA.

Trykz

It would be possible, yes.

Unfortunately, because I sent b3lisario the wrong CBBE/CHSBHC meshes, it would be far more trouble than it's worth. Setting up the armors with the bodies I intended to use is as simple as copy/pasting blocks using NifSkope. It's how I made the ones pictured above for the UNPB meshes. Using Outfit Studio at this time would be impossible. Mainly because the body is too highly modified for it (the meshes were edited to remove the lower legs where the hooves attach).

I'm certainly not against someone making them OS compatible though once I get the right base meshes into TCRA.

Trykz

Hmmm, I don't see the problem really though?

Users use, CBBE -> UNPB conversion to convert mesh, then they load up your upper body .nif as the reference body and match it to that then duplicate it into the outfit.

The only possible problem may be if your upper body and the lower legs are different shapes in Nifskope and not together? In which case it's still simple to group them together in Blender/3DSMax and make that 1 solid shape and export so it's the new reference shape.

Also, if using custom skelly, you just setup OS to use the custom skelly as the reference skelly as well.

Should be fairly easy if I am understanding you correctly. (If you were able to get all those outfits made with just Nifskope, then I think the above method should work just fine, especially if you also didn't make any edits to the upper body IE you didn't increase breast size or anything)

Hmmm, I don't see the problem really though?

Users use, CBBE -> UNPB conversion to convert mesh, then they load up your upper body .nif as the reference body and match it to that then duplicate it into the outfit.

The only possible problem may be if your upper body and the lower legs are different shapes in Nifskope and not together? In which case it's still simple to group them together in Blender/3DSMax and make that 1 solid shape and export so it's the new reference shape.

Also, if using custom skelly, you just setup OS to use the custom skelly as the reference skelly as well.

Should be fairly easy if I am understanding you correctly. (If you were able to get all those outfits made with just Nifskope, then I think the above method should work just fine, especially if you also didn't make any edits to the upper body IE you didn't increase breast size or anything)

That's the problem.....

the meshes I sent b3lisario were BodySlide meshes and not the base mesh. So when trying to use the body as a reference in OS, it's horribly deformed. I think it'd be better to ask him to modify the base mesh, that way it shouldn't be deformed when used as a reference shape in OS.

We'll see....

Trykz

That's the problem.....

the meshes I sent b3lisario were BodySlide meshes and not the base mesh. So when trying to use the body as a reference in OS, it's horribly deformed. I think it'd be better to ask him to modify the base mesh, that way it shouldn't be deformed when used as a reference shape in OS.

We'll see....

Trykz

I'm afraid I still don't understand the problem in this case, but I'll leave it up to you as I believe your much wiser than me when it comes to the meshes of this custom race :)

Though I'll take a look at the meshes when you release and see if I can make it OS compatible for people (if you don't mind that is)

Other than that keep up the good work and between this race and the dwem fatale race you had going I gotta say I might start using custom races in skyrim now!

Another setback. Well, take your time. I do prefer a quality release later to half-assed release sooner.

Agreed.

I like my mods to be as high quality as I can possibly achieve, and completely void of any functionality issues. At this point, I've got 11 outfits sorted and only need to set up their crafting/temper recipes. So for now I'm going to shoot for release by Wednesday evening, and get as many armors in as I can.

Trykz

3 more:

Schoolgirl

post-26143-0-02651200-1394379281_thumb.jpg

Eisen

post-26143-0-79011700-1394379308_thumb.jpg

Wjun Lady (complimentary clipping on the gloves :P )

post-26143-0-09022600-1394379354_thumb.jpg

I'm going to start working on the crafting/tempering recipes this evening. Once I get the first couple of

"templates" done, the rest should go pretty quick as they're simple form edits for any additional clothing sets.

So at this point I'm pretty much locked in for Wednesday evening, and should have quite a bit of time

to add whatever other sets I manage to find. I'll post more pics of the sets as I complete them in groups of 3-4.

One last thing:

Keep in mind that these will be a completely separate mod so I can add more armor sets later

without any need to make changes to any races I create that they'll work with.

Trykz

12 armors (?)  :P completed. All with full crafting recipes and tempers......

(even the Schoolgirl outfit can be crafted, but not tempered  ;) )

post-26143-0-37186300-1394584233_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-56661100-1394584260_thumb.jpg

All but 2 fit the body perfectly.

The body is BBP, but the Ancient

Nord and Dragonscale armors are not

However, the breasts bounce "inside" them

without any clipping that I can see  :D

Anyway, I've been testing this a bit this evening,

and will be giving it a final run through tomorrow after work.

The armors are packaged up and ready to go. However:

the race is packaged up and ready to go as well, albeit

with a few changes that were necessary to release by

tomorrow night:

the foals are currently set as unplayable. This was necessary

until I update their bodies to UNP and set up armors they can wear.

Once I get the CHSBHC/CBBE meshes squared away, I'll re-up

a new ESM with the appropriate edits.

Also, the horse futa is temporarily unavailable, because it was only

fit to the CHSBHC body. Once I have it set up for all of the body types,

I'll add the sub-race back in as an add-on ESP.

With that, I'm off to bed. 5am comes too early  :P

Trykz

Uploading the race and two part armor files now.......

(hella slow for some reason today?)

Click my sig and go to post #2...... (might take a while from this post to actually finish editing it. So just give it another hour or so. Or pressing F5 all evening......your choice  :P  )

Trykz

Archived