Wicked Whims Exceptions

I'm new to modding the Sims 4 and I keep getting this Wicked Whims exception when I load into the game. I've tried everything I could find to fix the problem but nothing works. 

Game Version: 1.89.214.1030, WickedWhims Version: v170d, 
06/17/22 13:53:14 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\turbolib2\events\utils\events_handler.py", line 72, in execute_event_methods
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\wickedwhims\main\cas_parts\cas_part_handlers.py", line 34, in _wickedwhims_load_cas_part_handlers_on_save_load
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\wickedwhims\main\cas_parts\cas_part_handlers.py", line 53, in recollect_cas_part_handlers
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\wickedwhims\main\cas_parts\cas_parts_loader.py", line 121, in collect_cas_part_handlers
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\wickedwhims\main\cas_parts\cas_parts_keeper.py", line 110, in save_cas_parts_keeper_file
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\Admin\\Documents\\Electronic Arts\\The Sims 4\\saves\\WickedWhimsMod\\cas_parts_keeper_data.ww'
TurboLib: [TurboLib] Failed to run '_wickedwhims_load_cas_part_handlers_on_save_load' method from 'WickedWhims' -> PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\Admin\\Documents\\Electronic Arts\\The Sims 4\\saves\\WickedWhimsMod\\cas_parts_keeper_data.ww'

Game Version: 1.89.214.1030, WickedWhims Version: v170d, 
06/17/22 13:53:15 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\turbolib2\events\utils\events_handler.py", line 72, in execute_event_methods
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\wickedwhims\main\saves\save_and_load_handler.py", line 152, in _wickedwhims_apply_loaded_save_data
  File ".\WickedWhims_v170d\wickedwhims\main\animations\animation_clips_cache.py", line 112, in save_animation_clips_cache
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\Admin\\Documents\\Electronic Arts\\The Sims 4\\saves\\WickedWhimsMod\\animations_data_cache.ww'
TurboLib: [TurboLib] Failed to run '_wickedwhims_apply_loaded_save_data' method from 'WickedWhims' -> PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Users\\Admin\\Documents\\Electronic Arts\\The Sims 4\\saves\\WickedWhimsMod\\animations_data_cache.ww'

10 minutes ago, physaru said:

I'm new to modding the Sims 4 and I keep getting this Wicked Whims exception when I load into the game. I've tried everything I could find to fix the problem but nothing works. 

If you have MS WIndows OneDrive installed it prevents WW from loading the data it needs.

You have to either uninstall OneDrive or un-sync it from your Sims 4 folder in My Documents.

Thank you for the quick reply. I un-synced the folder from the OneDrive but it still makes the exceptions. I also tried unlinking my computer from the OneDrive but that didn't help either. It's currently the only mod I have installed. 

2 minutes ago, physaru said:

Thank you for the quick reply. I un-synced the folder from the OneDrive but it still makes the exceptions. I also tried unlinking my computer from the OneDrive but that didn't help either. It's currently the only mod I have installed. 

Did you restart your PC afterwards?

Then delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder.

You will also need to download some animations for WW to use.

Might be a permissions setting too if the game files aren't allowed to access the saves folder.

But since you logged in as Admin, permissions are all enabled usually.

I'd check security settings for Wicked Whims access anyway. 

I restarted and deleted the localthumbcache.pkg. Adding some animations caused the in-game error message telling me an exception file was made to continuously pop up where as before it would pop up and I could close it and it wouldn't return. How would I check the security settings for Wicked Whims access?

11 minutes ago, physaru said:

How would I check the security settings for Wicked Whims access?

I'm on Win7 so others might be differrent.

Find the folder with the 2 WW files named TURBODRIVER

Select on one and right click to find the properties tab

Security Settings is on the upper tab now opened so select that.

It should show all users permissions for full access, read/write, etc.

Just do the same thing with both files to check them.

Don't know what else to try other than uninstalling OneDrive completely.

I found out what was causing me the issue. I had set my Electric Arts folder as a hidden folder which caused Python to receive the PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied error when it tried to use the files. 

• 1 month later...