Unable To Get BOSS To Work

I've been trying to get BOSS to work but when I run it it doesn't seem to do anything at all. When I run BOSS the elapsed time shows up but the time bar never really goes up and then after a short while BOSS just closes down without giving me a log. When I try to get the log through the BOSS GUI I get the message Error:".\oblivion\BOSSlog.html" cannot be found and when I try to get a plain text log I get the similar message of Error:".\oblivion\BOSSlog.txt" cannot be found. I've looked for a while and I can't find anyone else with a similar problem. I've even checked the troubleshooting page on the BOSS github. I've reinstalled BOSS both manually and with the installer but I get the same error. I'm not sure if this is the problem but I have BOSS in a whole different folder than my Oblivion of course, but on the same drive where my SteamLibrary folder that holds Oblivion is in.

Edited by BoobzNBooty

I open the Oblivion masterlist.txt with with a Notepad (Notepad++) and sort manually. I haven't used the tool for more than 12 years.

I have copies of my load order I use for the first sorting, then I search new Mods with Notepad++ and the BOSS masterlist.

--------------------------------------------------------------

BOSS version? v2.3.2 ?

Have you started the game?  You have to start it once after you have instaled BOSS.

From a post:

I installed it in multiple places to try and get it to work as per guides I've seen, but it always pops up and tells me oblivion is not detected. Is there anything i can do or is it just not going to work even if i move it elsewhere on my drives?

And he answered his own question:

Never mind, I just had to launch oblivion before it would be recognised lol

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

I open the Oblivion masterlist.txt with with a Notepad (Notepad++) and sort manually. I haven't used the tool for more than 12 years.

I have copies of my load order I use for the first sorting, then I search new Mods with Notepad++ and the BOSS masterlist.

BOSS version? v2.3.2 ?

Have you started the game?  You have to start it once after you have instaled BOSS.

From a post:

I installed it in multiple places to try and get it to work as per guides I've seen, but it always pops up and tells me oblivion is not detected. Is there anything i can do or is it just not going to work even if i move it elsewhere on my drives?

After I reinstalled I realized that I haven't opened up the game again. I'll try to open it and see if it works. If it doesn't then I'll just have to try and manually sort. I haven't downloaded too many mods or plugins so I don't think that it should be too hard. Thanks.

3 hours ago, fejeena said:

BOSS version? v2.3.2 ?

From a post:

I forgot to mention: Yeah I'm using v2.3.2 of BOSS.

Update: I started oblivion, exited out of it, then ran BOSS and it still didn't work. 
The manual download zip folder version of BOSS allows you to choose from the 32 bit or 64 bit version of BOSS. What would happen if ran the 32-bit version of BOSS on my 64-bit system. Is something crazy gonna happen?

Edited by BoobzNBooty
Another Update: I ran it on the 32 bit version and it took about 20 mins to run and still didn't work.
52 minutes ago, BoobzNBooty said:

I forgot to mention: Yeah I'm using v2.3.2 of BOSS.

Update: I started oblivion, exited out of it, then ran BOSS and it still didn't work. 
The manual download zip folder version of BOSS allows you to choose from the 32 bit or 64 bit version of BOSS. What would happen if ran the 32-bit version of BOSS on my 64-bit system. Is something crazy gonna happen?

You can run the 32 bit version on a 64 system. 64 bit systems are still capable of running 32 bit programs just fine.

• 2 weeks later...