A question of information?

3 hours ago, Octanegtrgtrgtr said:

The only The Sims™ 3 Starter Pack now selling. Do mods still work with this version?

The Starter Pack is not a different version of The Sims 3 that you would get when you buy the base game, it is just a bundle that include the base game and two Expansion Packs.

When you buy and install any version of The Sims 3 from the Origin app, you will get the latest version of the game. For Origin, the current version (on Windows PCs) is 1.69. If you install the game from Steam, you will get version 1.67. These two versions are functionally the same. The only difference between them is that the Origin version requires that you have the Origin app running in order to be able to start the game.

These versions are able to use mods. But, they may not be able to use mods that are very old. As versions of the game change, from the version of the Sims 3 that was released on release day back in 2009, up to the last update from Origin sometime around 2014 or 2015, some of the internals of the game changed, and so sometimes mods that were created for the very first version would stop working when a new version was released.

The game internals have not changed since 2013, when the last Expansion Pack was released. Any mods that work with version 1.67 or 1.69 will work with the Starter Pack. Any mods that specify a version older than 1.67 may or may not work with the current game version, but many of them do work anyway.

Just as an example, I have version 1.69 (the Origin version), and I have about 4.7GB of mods, including both Kinky World and Passion from here on LoversLab (not both at once, I switch between them with different game folders).

3 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

If you install the game from Steam, you will get version 1.67

All EA games on Steam still require Origin - EA gave up 30% profit to get people to use Origin.

This made me wait quite some time to purchase Jedi: Fallen Order and Squadrons since Origin has been 'outted' and reworked to stop the major privacy intrusions.

2 hours ago, Octanegtrgtrgtr said:

So if we are not connected we cannot play with origin?

You need to be connected the first time. Afterwards you can play offline although Origin still needs to run 'locally'. Origin will whine and cry, but you can still do it. Of course there will be no online features such as the store, and the sharing features.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:26 PM, Octanegtrgtrgtr said:

And I already had the sims3 on xbox 360. Is there a way to transfer my families already created or my save on PC? Since the gallery no longer works?

I do not know the answer to that question. I guess that there is not a way to do that, but I have never played on xbox 360 and do not know the answer.