New to TK17 modding. How to edit Toy/Tool GUI and more...

Greetings fellow TK17 modders.  I'm relatively new to the community but have been messing about with TK17 for a couple weeks now and I'm making good strides but I've run in to some issues and things I'd like to change but haven't been able to really nail them down as of yet.  Figured it was time to start chatting.

Let's start with what the Title of the thread refers to.

I'm starting out back at TK17 v7.5 and the build I have currently, includes the Hentai "Z" toy/tools, ex. harley, caravan, horse and fan. 

I would like to remove these, as well as some others entirely, as I'll never use them but I can't figure that out.  Let's take the harley and zharley files first.  (This is Harley Quinn, not Harley Motorcycle btw).

I've found the tool_zharley.bsb, and the icon and skin .jp2 files in Extra.txx and Extra.p002.txx respectively and attempted to disable those files and rebuild the .txx and in doing so, it does remove them visually but the name and place remains in the Toy SexBrowser GUI and it becomes an invisible toy that still interacts with the person.

How would I go about totally removing this and other toys?  If not possible, I guess I could just replace these given toys with others but I'd still need to know how to rename it in the  SexBrowser GUI.

As an aside, how would I go about compressing a .txx when building one?  I've found that when I unpack a 30Mb .txx, the size of the folder becomes 120Mb and when I repack it to a new .txx the size grows to 100+Mb.

I don't really see the point in these toys like bed and chair and such because when I use them, they load sideways and upside down and there doesn't appear to be a way to freely position them in game.  I can load them on the PostEdit but they are HUGE and I'm not sure they can even be moved there.

Anyway, off to work a little, I'll check back later to see if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Late.

Edited by futasd
10 hours ago, futasd said:

Greetings fellow TK17 modders.  I'm relatively new to the community but have been messing about with TK17 for a couple weeks now and I'm making good strides but I've run in to some issues and things I'd like to change but haven't been able to really nail them down as of yet.  Figured it was time to start chatting.

Let's start with what the Title of the thread refers to.

I'm starting out back at TK17 v7.5 and the build I have currently, includes the Hentai "Z" toy/tools, ex. harley, caravan, horse and fan. 

I would like to remove these, as well as some others entirely, as I'll never use them but I can't figure that out.  Let's take the harley and zharley files first.  (This is Harley Quinn, not Harley Motorcycle btw).

I've found the tool_zharley.bsb, and the icon and skin .jp2 files in Extra.txx and Extra.p002.txx respectively and attempted to disable those files and rebuild the .txx and in doing so, it does remove them visually but the name and place remains in the Toy SexBrowser GUI and it becomes an invisible toy that still interacts with the person.

How would I go about totally removing this and other toys?  If not possible, I guess I could just replace these given toys with others but I'd still need to know how to rename it in the  SexBrowser GUI.

As an aside, how would I go about compressing a .txx when building one?  I've found that when I unpack a 30Mb .txx, the size of the folder becomes 120Mb and when I repack it to a new .txx the size grows to 100+Mb.

I don't really see the point in these toys like bed and chair and such because when I use them, they load sideways and upside down and there doesn't appear to be a way to freely position them in game.  I can load them on the PostEdit but they are HUGE and I'm not sure they can even be moved there.

Anyway, off to work a little, I'll check back later to see if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Late.

Please use the latest VX -r version of the game.V7.5 is outdated and not longer supported.The VX version of the game has many new features  and advantages.

You can install all the old v7.5 addons in VX and most of them should work.

If you do so,you are able to just disable the addons you dont want via the option manager app stored in the games binary folder.Also built in toys and models can be turned on and off there.If you have questions about the VX version of the game,feel free to ask for help in our help section.

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, futasd said:

How would I go about totally removing ... toys?

TK17 game assets exist as multiple files/folders (Images/Scenes/Scripts) and are spread throughout the Archives folder. On top of which, they are often tied to specific rooms and or other assets in the game, so simply deleting them can cause all sorts of headaches. Best to just remove (comment out) their entries from the loading dialogs, which is what the Options Manager does. Also know that anything that goes in the ActiveMod folder is not itself an addon, but merely a re-texture of an existing asset and/or addon, and will cease to work if you disable their base assets. Lastly, in VX forward, many of the files in Archives are "protected" (if you want to call it that -- really it's just checking the last modified date), so just editing them can cause the program to not load/crash. There are ways to edit default assets without changing any game files, but that's beyond the scope of this reply.

Edited by Curtis_S
More info.