Hi, so recently I am into TS4 modding, I am doing some OC and some reskins, I have a lot of stuff done, now I would like to release some of the reskins that the original modders actually allow it, but some don't and it pains me the fact that some original modders released their content YEARS ago and they are just gone by now, so their content, some of it are still working and alive but some are just gone forever! We will never see nor the original work nor the new resking because, for example, I made a reskin from a modder that released his last content in 2015, 7 years ago. How long do we have to honor the original modder request to not post a reskin based on his/her meshes?

For example, look at these pictures:

https://i.imgur.com/hXkjPyv.png

https://i.imgur.com/wmgJr19.png

hXkjPyv.png

wmgJr19.png

huh, for some reason, bb code is not working so I attached the files in the post and left the urls where I wanted to post it because I read some old posts that had broken links either on the attachs or the urls so you guys will be able to see the pics one way or another

Totally modded content by me, the tattoos are my new work, the leggings are a WIP by me, see the details, for example, the tag on the legging transparency, the almost unseable texture, that  I also made from scratch, the panty, the saying on the panty, Totally new logo that I created... This is top stuff, when I release it your dicks will fall off the harder your jhon thomas will get, I assure you guys XD, also did the tanlines tattoo, better that the works that I know, totally new stuff but also WIP, the nails with the toe fingers coloring that works with a lot of modded stuff, it shows the color on the peeptoes or sandals like in the picture for example. those are also new stuff. BUT the shirt reskin is a reskin from an active modder that allows to do it if you take out the meshes, totally fine with it since he is an active modder and this stuff is his last work and it actually had a problem that I fixed so it actually works and the original is not, but anyway, since he is an active modder I have no saying what to do with his work and he is completely right about what to do with his meshes. I completely agree with that. BUT, it came to me thinking when I was doing the heels that I have some work that I am doing on very old stuff, 2015 and the last time that the modder actually posted something was 2015, these peeptoes are also from 2016 but the modder is more or less active and he/she  doens't allow reskins so I came to questioning this. What do you guys as modders think about really old works, +5yo? For how long do we have to honor the original moddder wishes? I bet the guys that dropped their stuff don't even care about reskins and stuff but what about active modders with really old stuff that are not even updated anymore? Do you guys even recognize the peeptoe that my char is using? No, right? Because it is a completely new reskin, completely different from the original, I could even release as a new stuff and ppl wouldn't bat an eye, but I am asking because I like to respect ppl, So I am asking you guys that mod stuff, what do you guys think? Oh yes, the char is completely new also, it was made to look like my english teacher when I was a teenager, and it kinda looks, she was hot as fuck, maybe I release her someday.

Also I would like to know about what do you guys think about patreon modders, are you guys into it, like releasing some free and some paid content? And those guys that release paid reskins?! wtf dudes...

06-10-22_10-17-08 PM.png

06-10-22_10-17-27 PM.png

Edited by lucifeh