Sexlab is a framework for other mods to work, and SOS of course provides the naughty bits.

You need another mod to actually get SL to run animations.  A few options available on LL are:

Matchmaker:  basically select two actors via a spell like power and they have sex.  Does the job, not as immersive

Follow Me For Sex:  gives you dialog options with people to ask them to have sex with you.  Very nice, very popular here on LL

SL Eager NPCs:  again, gives you dialog options to ask people to have sex with you.  Very nice, also very popular, probably my favorite option

FMFS and Eager NPCs both have other features that you can use or set up.  For example, FMFS will let you spawn a bathtub and have an NPC wash up, SLEN will let you set up the chance that nearby NPCs will automatically start an orgy if you slay a dragon nearby (these are just examples, not the full feature sets of those mods).  Sometimes I use both or even all three of those mods in my game.

While SL has a few animations, you should also look at SL Animation Loader (SLAL) and getting some additional animation packs.

Al always, make sure you have the correct version of the mods for the version of the game you're playing (Legacy, Special Edition or Anniversary).